Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

Saturday bump

#82 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

Any new maps appreciated. Like the sound of starport.

An idea I've had for a while is for an Imperial Palace map.

Something along the lines of what you had in Dune 2 or the Naboo palace in Star Wars (minus the Jaja). It would have a mix of indoor/outdoor space and I love the idea of battling away in a vast marble atrium with mech statues dedicated to fallen heroes. Interior balconies & lower height corridors could give extra tactics for small mechs, so long as every area has possible LoS to avoid stalemate hiding.

Also a nice contrast to the rugged wilderness vs dirty industrial maps we have currently

#83 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, Capital Apocalypse Lancers Compact

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Here is another map suggestion - Contested Battlefield

This would be a piece of real estate that has been fought over repeatedly.
I see this looking like No Man's Land during WW I - crater filled, ruined buildings, no foliage only bare trees. There would be scattered around smoking, burning wrecks of mechs/tanks to give an ongoing battle feel. The smoke would also be an obstacle by obscuring LOS. To add variety - once per minute of game time a artillery/airstrike will fall on a random map grid. This would give a nice fog of war effect - did a player just drop that or did your team get hit with a random strike.

#84 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

Honk if you want a Starport map.

#85 Johnathan Mercer

• Pip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

I've been reading a lot of these maps and I have one that I think you guys would like. Think of a bigger version of Canyon Network. Higher walls, larger ramps, even some partially flooded areas. Throw in several tunnel networks that take you from one open section to another, allowing you to get in and out of sight lines while you're running for your life. And in a big, Central-ish, area, throw in a small town or city for some flavorful cover

Along with this there's another map that was bugging me a bit. How about a 4-ring arena. Think of four circular arenas arranged in a square, each with their own claimant and cover bases, all connected by catwalks and tunnels that mechs can fight from. Multi-vectoring at its best, and surprising amounts of cover. As one arena could be a small city-style area. Another could be a cold zone, a raging inferno, and a -Hazard- map with turrents trying to cut you up, or something else. It does lend to endless possibilities.

#86 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

New map - The Mining Collective!

Played on a couple times and I'm liking it so far.
Beautiful looking map but why only one variant - how about a daylight or snow version.

#87 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

Yes! Add some variety to the older maps with weather effects (fog, heavy rain, sandstorm, etc.) that interferes with targeting, visuals and lock-ons. This will make light/scout mechs support role even more vital for the win.

#88 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

From another forum post but I like the idea, don't know if it is possible to fight inside a dropship.

http://www.sarna.net...ernal_Union.jpg
http://www.sarna.net...or-dropship.png

Chet Manley

Elite Founder

Phoenix Overlord
Phoenix Overlord
338 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

Not exactly a feature I guess, but oh well.

I would love to see a map with massive crashed jump ship or spheroid drop ship that we could actually enter. Maybe even put C&H points in the ship.

Close quarter brawling in a derelict Behemoth-class with mechs! Sounds awesome!

#89 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

Monday bump

#90 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Looks like CW has a new map codename "Frost" and game mode codename "Invasion".
Still not sure if CW maps will be playable in the solo/group queue.

#91 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:21 AM

Greetings all,

From the OP's post,
- there was a map designed with the same or similar descriptions.
- This map was seen in 'that other game' MW:LL

Here's a short flythrough video of what the environment was like.
~ massive underground cavern, with may different levels, battles could happen anywhere.

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=-O4Vy_ZkWEo

If PGI were to follow a similar design layout it could be 'epic'.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 15 October 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#92 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

Caustic Valley should have a Flood variant.

Water levels are raised a bit, so everything is more underwater. Acid rain (does not damage anything), but standing in a pool of acid rainwater causes about half the DPS of a machine gun to whatever components are submerged in it. This prevents Lolcusts from scuba diving and hiding.

#93 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

Greetings all,

Reference the 'acid rain effect'

Mech' are built and designed to operate in environments from normal, hazardous, underwater, to zero atmosphere.
- Directed plasma or a flamer only heats up the Mech or just doesn't allow for the heatsinks to flush the excess heat away.

What amount of diluted acid liquid is going to damage any of these military grade protected components is probably minimal at best. The length of time required for that type of material to actually start working would most likely be days or weeks of submerged contact. They are designed to survive and operate in this type of environment, otherwise a directed acid gun would have been invented and used way before this time. Not seeing that, so probably not effective.

If anything, in a game altering effect, should be caused from that specific environment, it's probably a reduction in sensor range. Due to atmospheric metal content in the 'air' and rain.
- Sensors would have a difficult time trying to identify and pick out a Mech's signature when it's physically raining.
- If it's raining thermal vision would have a near useless view distance as it can't look through the 'metal' wall.
- That being said, thermal is near useless due to the excess heat anyway.

The rain on Caustic Valley is not constant, so as it cycles in, the sensor range should be changed. Detection is limited to visual and could also effect target locks. Currently it has no effect on anything, and if the users setting are turned down, they don't even see the rain.
- I would like to see PGI test this map in a true night version, with thunderstorms (possibly lightning), an have the sensor range be effected by the storms. Just a thought.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 15 October 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#94 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

A Starport map would make a great Community Warfare map for Invasion mode.
The target installation could be the Command Center and I'm sure you could use the gate mechanics somehow. Having to fight in a field of damaged/burning drop ships (Union-class please!) would give a nice ongoing battle feel. This would also make strategic sense since in any invasion a starport would be a primary target for the attackers.

#95 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

New map Swamp will be coming in the Nov 18th patch, this will be the last new map until CW starts.

PGI how about a poll on the next map to be developed?

#96 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:44 PM

We need one giant military complex with skyscrapers, satellite relay stations, narrow corridors, and a linear layout where one part of the map will look almost identical to another. No steep climbs, kind of like the military fortress of Durgan(i think that's how it's spelt) in MW3.

Or a germanium mine, that'd be great. With deep craters everywhere around an extraction site that would be tracking targeted mechs hard for lrm boats.

Personally I'd like the lake/Hydroelectric dam map from MW3 replicated into MWO. A winding cliff side bordering a drained/full lake(PGI's choice) that lights with JJs could probably use as a vantage point for scouting, a bridge and some structures positioned in the middle to act as some cover. And possibly teams could flank around the cliffs, and centered lake where maybe a village or some other structures can stand. This wouldn't suppress lrms b/c the large metal passageways inside the cliffside will act as flnaking routes into the lakebed. The bridges

This would be the map environment I'd love to see in MWO. Specifically because we don't have enough large clearings and 'grassland' based maps. Somehow though, with the hidden metal corridors that go through the cliff into the lakebed, the stucture islands in the lake can make for good flanking and cover spots, to still support SRM/LBX/Streak rushes. The cliff would have to be very wide also with a dip to lose locks from below in order to make using the cliff useful.

I know this make be utilized for over-lurming so I suggest that the stuctures in the lakebed be placed to provide the most cover near the middle, but still stay left as a open spot for lights to peak over the cliff for locks. This map should not be meant to allow assaults, and many jj-capable heavies on the cliff.

In the end, I hope this would make MWO brighter with a grasslands setting, emphasize corridor-sniping, scouting, in most places (under the cliff, under the lakebed structures, in the dips on top of the cliff) discourage lrm-spamming, encourage flanking around the cliff, through the cliff using the tunnels, and enable rushes from nearly everywhere if a team is fully regrouped because many angles of attack can be used.

I think this is what you see at the start of Operation 2. The Hydo-Dam is the 1st mission:
Op2, M1 in a shadowcat; parts 1 and 2:

Edited by Zephonarch II, 02 November 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#97 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

Preview of the new Swamp map:

#98 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:11 AM

Check out Dev Vlog #10 for a preview of new map - Viridian Bog.

http://mwomercs.com/...91-dev-vlog-10/

#99 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

Honk if you want a Starport map!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users