212 replies to this topic

#1 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

Come on PGI, you can do it! Give us Falcons our Hellbringers and give us all Mad Dogs as well. The Hellbringer could be the first ECM heavy in the game, which is sorely needed.

#2 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

mad dog, linebacker and Kodiak
would be awesome

#3 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:42 AM

Obviously they will add both, but, unfortunately for us, later. It won't happen anytime soon, until all 8 would be released for (hate it!) C-Bills. The only question I have is how PGI is going to introduce next 16 OmniMechs of the period - by packs or using their standard release pattern: one by one with premium-Mech in avangard. Do not take it as CptObvs mocking, I suffer too :), both Mechs are my favorite ones.

#4 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

Ghost Bear cries out for our beloved mad dog!

#5 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

...and Clan Nova Cat our Shadowcat and Huntsman. Oh, the things the Huntsman would do.... I absolutely see it as a fantastic contender for the meta medium bracket. Jump capable, fully armored, with gobs and gobs of pod space. Oh yes.

#6 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

I will pass on Kodiak if we ever get http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Executioner

#7 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 13 May 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

linebacker

Why would anyone take a Linebacker over a Timberwolf? Aside from speed, it has not much worth considering IMO.

#8 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 May 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

Why would anyone take a Linebacker over a Timberwolf? Aside from speed, it has not much worth considering IMO.

I don't think it's correct to compare T-wolf and Lb (I know the background, but 17.5 tons of pod space against 27.5 tons have no chances). Comparing to Hellbringer (17.5 vs 28.5!) low profile + speed would be Lb's two main advantages, but you are still right, I wouldn't even bother to look at Linebaker sitting in my Hellbringer.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 14 May 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

I don't think it's correct to compare T-wolf and Lb (I know the background, but 17.5 tons of pod space against 27.5 tons have no chances). Comparing to Hellbringer (17.5 vs 28.5!) low profile + speed would be Lb's two main advantages, but you are still right, I wouldn't even bother to look at Linebaker sitting in my Hellbringer.

Why should i not compare a 'Mech with the 'Mech it is supposed to replace? ;)

#10 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 May 2014 - 10:40 AM, said:

Why should i not compare a 'Mech with the 'Mech it is supposed to replace? ;)

I gave all the factors: 10t pods space difference, different role. My concern was related more to potential in-game usage, than to anything else. Appellation to lore, well, I don't recall where it comes from, but despite the fact that I enjoyed MW games, I've always considered BT authors very incompetent in every aspect of human life (especially Stackpole), so I can't take their words about seriously, sorry.

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 14 May 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

I gave all the factors: 10t pods space difference, different role. My concern was related more to potential in-game usage, than to anything else. Appellation to lore, well, I don't recall where it comes from, but despite the fact that I enjoyed MW games, I've always considered BT authors very incompetent in every aspect of human life (especially Stackpole), so I can't take their words about seriously, sorry.

I just recall that in the Wolf Sourcebook the Linebacker is mentioned as a replacement for the "venerable Timberwolf" needed because the T-Wolf could not match the speed of its faster Starmates. This is what it says..

#12 Citizen Erased

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationMontsoult (Paris) - France

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:03 PM

I just want my shadow cat and my mad dog... It's all that i want.

#13 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 14 May 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

I will pass on Kodiak if we ever get http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Executioner

Until, of course, you turn the corner and have a surprise stare-down with a Kodiak.

#14 Vanguard836

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

I believe we will see both these mechs but not for a while. To announce another bundle so soon in light of the clan announcement may cause more backlash, not to mention more strain on the dev teams resources (manpower) even though most of the components are similar to the currently announced Clan mechs.

#15 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

I'm a little bit scared of them adding the Hellbringer. If I remember correctly the armor isn't exactly the best in the world, and the armaments are pretty meh at best. Mad Dog on the other hand, DEFINITELY needs to be added!

#16 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostTodd Lightbringer, on 14 May 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

I'm a little bit scared of them adding the Hellbringer. If I remember correctly the armor isn't exactly the best in the world, and the armaments are pretty meh at best. Mad Dog on the other hand, DEFINITELY needs to be added!

Armament is pretty awesome, actually, but it does not have the heat sinks to support it, and it has the same sort of armor problems the Summoner and the Mad Dog have. All three have huge armor issues.

Hellbringer Prime packs 2xERPPC, 3xERMLas, 2xMGuns, and an SSRM4, BAP, ECM, and AMS. What is not to like?

#17 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 May 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Armament is pretty awesome, actually, but it does not have the heat sinks to support it, and it has the same sort of armor problems the Summoner and the Mad Dog have. All three have huge armor issues.

Hellbringer Prime packs 2xERPPC, 3xERMLas, 2xMGuns, and an SSRM4, BAP, ECM, and AMS. What is not to like?

Ahhh it was the heat sinks that was the issue.. Knew it was something about it that was iffy. It would be nice if we got some ECM love for sure. Wish they introduced a reinforcement package already >_<

#18 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Im thinking they are introducing mechs that are a big part of those clans toumen, right now the mechs they have are big in the invading clans. When Nova cat and Steel Viper invades it will be Supernova, Shadowcat, and battle cobra

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Isn't there an unseen reason to not get Hellbringer? Just morbidly curious.

#20 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 May 2014 - 03:12 PM, said:

Isn't there an unseen reason to not get Hellbringer? Just morbidly curious.

Not that I know of, I believe that it was designed after all the Harmony Gold issues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users