#161 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 July 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Big if. As of yet, they have refused to comment on the status of MASC. Executioner, Shadowcat, and Fire Moth are all reliant on MASC working. Meanwhile, the other 3050 mechs like the Ice Ferret, Mist Lynx, Viper, Gargoyle, Mad Dog, and Hellbringer do not have MASC, so are logical next mechs.

I think the next Clan Pack will be:

Mist Lynx
Ice Ferret
Hellbringer
Gargoyle

If they figure out the MASC, they can add these:

Fire Moth
Viper (doesn't have MASC, but it is less attractive than Ice Ferret)
Mad Dog (doesn't have MASC, but it is less attractive than Hellbringer)
Executioner

#162 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 July 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Shadowcat and Ebon Jaguar are 3055 mechs so are a later release.

Nope, they were in the 3049/3050 invasion. (even if included in the TRO later)

View PostOdanan, on 27 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

And the Clans, 3050 (invading force)
Mech % for the weight class:

-----------
Ghost Bear
-----------

Light
- Koshi: 14.8
- Dasher: 44.5
- Uller: 11.0
- Puma: 22.2

Medium
- Fenris: 13.9
- Dragonfly: 36.6
- Black Hawk: 9.2
- Ryoken: 27.3

Heavy
- Loki: 15.4
- Vulture: 46.3
- Thor: 15.3
- Mad Cat: 15.5

Assault
- Man o'War: 25.0
- Naga: 2.6
- Kingfisher: 12.5
- Masakari: 12.5
- Daishi: 6.6
- Gladiator: 33.3

-----------
Smoke Jaguar
-----------

Light
- Koshi: 39.6
- Dasher: 9.9
- Hankyu: 13.2
- Uller: 10.0
- Puma: 19.8

Medium
- Fenris: 11.0
- Dragonfly: 11.0
- Black Hawk: 7.3
- Ryoken: 44.1
- Shadow Cat: 14.7

Heavy
- Loki: 17.1
- Cauldron Born: 7.0
- Vulture: 34.1
- Thor: 17.1
- Mad Cat: 17.2

Assault
- Man o'War: 20.2
- Naga: 1.9
- Kingfisher: 10.0
- Masakari: 26.9
- Daishi: 26.8
- Gladiator: 6.7

-----------
Jade Falcon
-----------

Light
- Koshi: 11.2
- Dasher: 8.4
- Uller: 47.7
- Puma: 16.8

Medium
- Fenris: 18.3
- Dragonfly: 18.3
- Black Hawk: 11.0
- Ryoken: 36.4

Heavy
- Loki: 26.5
- Vulture: 18.0
- Thor: 36.0
- Mad Cat: 12.0

Assault
- Man o'War: 47.6
- Masakari: 6.0
- Daishi: 9.0
- Gladiator: 24.0

-----------
Clan Wolf
-----------

Light
- Koshi: 20.6
- Dasher: 15.5
- Uller: 15.4
- Puma: 41.0

Medium
- Fenris: 29.0
- Dragonfly: 14.4
- Black Hawk: 14.5
- Ryoken: 28.8

Heavy
- Loki: 10.2
- Vulture: 15.5
- Thor: 10.3
- Mad Cat: 56.5

Assault
- Man o'War: 47.9
- Naga: 9.7
- Masakari: 4.9
- Daishi: 18.0
- Gladiator: 12.0

Info compiled from here and here. (thanks to Sennin for finding these precious links).

#163 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostOdanan, on 18 July 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

Nope, they were in the 3049/3050 invasion. (even if included in the TRO later)

However, they were first encountered by IS forces in the battle of Luthien, taking place in 3052.

#164 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

we should have 3052year already but they turned clock back to the 3050 >< cuz slack with CW

#165 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 17 July 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Too bad it has MASC. Until PGI figures out how to make it play nice with HSR, no go on it. :\

HSR? What is wrong with that? Game mechanics-wise MASC/supercharger/triple strength myomer is nothing but a sprint button (well, in case of TSM it is auto-activated sprint, but still). 100 kph is not too fast to hit a Highlander-sized Executioner, and for Fire Moth speed is the only defence it has anyway. And lore-wise there is no getting around the simple fact that these mechs belong to the ORIGINAL clan omnimechs from TRO 3050, and until they introduce each and every one of these (yes, even Gargoyle :P) there can be no further progress towards mechs introduced during the battle of Luthien and later. So they do have to implement MASC somehow, and more likely than not we will have some answers about it in a few months.

#166 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 18 July 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

HSR? What is wrong with that? Game mechanics-wise MASC/supercharger/triple strength myomer is nothing but a sprint button (well, in case of TSM it is auto-activated sprint, but still). 100 kph is not too fast to hit a Highlander-sized Executioner, and for Fire Moth speed is the only defence it has anyway. And lore-wise there is no getting around the simple fact that these mechs belong to the ORIGINAL clan omnimechs from TRO 3050, and until they introduce each and every one of these (yes, even Gargoyle :P) there can be no further progress towards mechs introduced during the battle of Luthien and later. So they do have to implement MASC somehow, and more likely than not we will have some answers about it in a few months.

The problem is not implementing the MASC "sprint", but the game handling the increased speed of the light mechs.

#167 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostKeeshu, on 17 July 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

But, but, but on Sarna it says the Ghost bears love using the Mad Dogs on the Ghost bear page and on the Mad Dog's page. :P

Copy pasta from the comparison topic I made in the general discussion (also the thread compares these two with Summoner + Timber Wolf)

Id rather have CGB light mechs (mist lynx/firemoth) and get a Hellbringer. Then I would be very happy, well I'm always happy but then I would be even more so!

#168 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostOdanan, on 18 July 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

The problem is not implementing the MASC "sprint", but the game handling the increased speed of the light mechs.

I would wager it is more the rapid acceleration and deceleration causing hell more than the speed itself. The system is trying to calculate where it was when you shot, but even current mechanics, like hopping with Jump jets, royally screw with hit detection. A MASC system that can be freely engaged/disengaged would probably be a nightmare for the system.

Also brutally easy to curb, by forcing a cooldown for reactivation (5-10 seconds between deactivation to next reactivation). Otherwise, tapping MASC ON MASC OFF would result in really screwy detection.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 18 July 2014 - 02:00 PM.

#169 Da Ugh 1701

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, USA

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

The Dev don't need to add any mech for clan right now. need to maybe add a few for I/S though. Warhammer, Marauder and the Bushwacker maybe but not the clans. I personally believe they need to get more maps done. It seems that we'll have 1 maybe this yr and another soon after according to video #6

#170 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

Good luck with Warhammer (unseen), Marauder (unseen), and the Bushwacker (we are in 3049, it's from 3053). Though I have heard we are probably getting the Vindicator or Mauler next. However they are taking a break from mechs are focusing on getting other features done.
According to the plan the Mech factory is 60% done and the swamp map is 30% done.
http://www.mwomercs.com/theplan#71
I don't think it'll be 1 year before we see both of them. They seem to be picking up their pace lately. :P

#171 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

forget about a warhammer just get a Hellbringer which is coming to MWO. The hellbringer is nothing more then a modified warhammer which slight variations.

Marauder.....yea you got me there. Thats a classic mech that we will never see. Unless PGI puts all that money they made on our 500 dollar Khan packs to use and buys out Harmony Gold LOLOLOL

Edited by Grimwill, 22 July 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#172 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 22 July 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

forget about a warhammer just get a Hellbringer which is coming to MWO. The hellbringer is nothing more then a modified warhammer which slight variations.

Marauder.....yea you got me there. Thats a classic mech that we will never see. Unless PGI puts all that money they made on our 500 dollar Khan packs to use and buys out Harmony Gold LOLOLOL

The Hellbringer is a Warhammer on PCP and you can put the Marauder build on a Cataphract 3D. Also Harmony Gold may be open to negotiate soon, since Robotech Academy is not reaching it's Kickstarter goal.

I personally will play my Summoner unless the 4x3 matchmaker forces me to play my Warhawk.

Edited by Edward Mattlov, 23 July 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#173 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:28 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 23 July 2014 - 12:39 AM, said:

The Hellbringer is a Warhammer on PCP and you can put the Marauder build on a Cataphract 3D. Also Harmony Gold may be open to negotiate soon, since Robotech Academy is not reaching it's Kickstarter goal.

I personally will play my Summoner unless the 4x3 matchmaker forces me to play my Warhawk.

What could possibily look like the Hellbringer?
I have to admit I hated his design in Living Legend
Posted Image

The body was fine. But that head, I had the impression to see nothing more than a giant human or astronaut in a battle suit... And I hated that.

But that...
THAT look awesome in my eye's.
Posted Image

#174 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 23 July 2014 - 02:28 AM, said:

What could possibily look like the Hellbringer?
I have to admit I hated his design in Living Legend
Posted Image

The body was fine. But that head, I had the impression to see nothing more than a giant human or astronaut in a battle suit... And I hated that.

But that...
THAT look awesome in my eye's.
Posted Image

Awesome concept, but bad paint job, it must be one of the five or six non-Jade Falcon Hellbringers that are out there. We took the design fair and square from the Horses.

#175 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

All you need is/are confirmation/s! I say yes to the Clan Reinforcement Package. As a IS-Loyalist!

#176 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

View Post101011, on 18 July 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

However, they were first encountered by IS forces in the battle of Luthien, taking place in 3052.

These battles we do in MWO are not exactly canon, you know... Capelans piloting Dire Wolves, fighting alonside CGB piloting Yen Lo Wangs...

I'm happy enough that the variants/mechs exist in the timeline. And the Kingfisher, Ebon Jaguar, Mist Linx and Shadow Cat do exist now.

#177 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

View PostOdanan, on 26 July 2014 - 03:32 AM, said:

These battles we do in MWO are not exactly canon, you know... Capelans piloting Dire Wolves, fighting alonside CGB piloting Yen Lo Wangs...

I'm happy enough that the variants/mechs exist in the timeline. And the Kingfisher, Ebon Jaguar, Mist Linx and Shadow Cat do exist now.

Yeah, this is a pretty crazy time-line PGI has going. Are we really sure it is not better off as 3150 Solaris VII?

#178 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

Lots of questions here, I also don't have any answers. All I can say is wait and hope!

#179 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

Looking forward to Community Warfare tossing things up so it's not just an arena shooter. Don't get me wrong, I love the pug queue we have now, but it's always nice to have another mode to play every now and then. ;)

I'm always interested in hearing more questions.

#180 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:44 AM

The question is do we want the other 8 invasion mechs? Answer = Hell yes!
Pgi would be crazy to pass up another opportunity to profit from this game nostalgia which would create more resources to expand the game quality and future endeavors.

Just doooooooooo eeeeeeet we want mechs / weapons / features / immersable eye candy and with the announcement of phase1 cw around the pike and the sweet constant improvements with quirks repairing known issues .......I say job well done. Keep it up guys thanks for a great mechwarrior experience. Love the game and is getting better every month it will eventually find balance.

Edited by SaltBeef, 03 August 2014 - 04:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users