Hellbringer And Mad Dog

212 replies to this topic

#181 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

Well in a recent NGNG podcast they said they haven't even considered a reinforcement pack because they started working on other things. Since they have different people doing different things, maybe the mech guys are working on Community Warfare stuff. Afterall, last I heard they were going to have at least Turrets and Dropships in CW. Possibly they'll have some vehicles as consumables (Good luck with programming the AI pathing, and I hope you have a command wheel for them) as well because it sounds like they are doing some sort of EvE online sort of things where you try to defend planets.
That's just a guess though. Though, if people really really want mechs that bad they might just focus on releasing those mechs instead. :blink:

I will say, they seem to have picked up their pace lately. Of course, this could be a bunch of stuff they were doing behind the scenes before, and now they've finally gotten things being rather finished. I just hope they are still thinking about how features are implemented. Gotta have the right balance, because if you go to slow nothing happens, you go too fast and you'll have a bunch of crappy features. I just hope they've found the right balance. :P

#182 I L L

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

Cauldron- Born please :P

#183 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

View PostxDisturbedx, on 03 August 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Cauldron- Born please ;)

Sure, but not before they finish the rest of TRO 3050 original omnimechs, since Ebon Jaguar (as well as http://www.sarna.net.../Arctic_Cheetah http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Shadow_Cat and http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Huntsman) makes its debut during the battle of Luthien. Do not worry though, before this we should see http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Fire_Moth and http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Executioner so it will be worth the wait.

#184 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostOdanan, on 15 May 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Are you talking about me?
Posted Image
Spoiler

But don't worry, the Hellbringer/Loki, Mad Dog/Vulture will come soon enough. PGI will certainly release another Clan pack in a few months, with the 8 remaining "starter" omnimechs.

EDIT: more info about the next mechs here. Unfortunately, Supernova, Kodiak and Grizzly (as all other non-omni Clan mechs) probably won't make it to MWO (because of the 3 variants requirement).

Actually those arms would work very well for warhammer redesign. Ditto torso. Personally I think the looks give more of a warhammer vibe than a loki.

#185 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

Well to be honest, the only ways I was able to tell the difference between a Hellbringer and a Warhammer when I was a kid, was that the Warhammer has massive barrels and had more emphasis on the angled side torsos. If I remember right the Hellbringer is much smaller as well.

Posted ImagePosted Image
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hellbringer
Even sarna's weapon description mentions the resemblance.

#1. The Torsos are bigger on top but get smaller around the waist.
#2. They both have a SRM 6 and Targetting computer on the side torsos
#3. They both have similar thick legs, Torso is smaller at the bottom and bigger up top

Yeah, that re-design is missing the iconic "box lower arms" that the Hellbringer had. So yeah, re-use the Timber Wolf's lower arms for the Hellbringer basically.

#186 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

They could easily change Masc to give a 50% bonus to all the movement related perks when activated. That way you get a significant bonus to manouvrability and a little bit of extra speed. Limit it to chassis that normally support it.
There is only 1 mech that is physics breaking with it : the fire moth. If we stay with bt lore 2×walking speed. Then simple : dont introduce it in game.

#187 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

View Postdwwolf, on 05 August 2014 - 03:27 AM, said:

Then simple : dont introduce it in game.

Hey now... let us not be too hasty! I am looking forward to a FireMoth. I ran a commando with the FireMoth Prime's build since closed beta and always loved it. Proved it wrong that it is a DOA mech. FireMoth would be a king light mech.

#188 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

Would love the moth. I remember it being the training mech from mw2. Such a good little beast....

#189 Flaming Moth

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

PGI PLEASE bring the shadowcat out I understand you are having problems with MASC but please do your best to bring it out. Feel free to message me I have ideas of how we would use it in game and all :) I may not be a programmer but I have good ideas that might help to keep the board game pilot check idea in masc in MWO just message me and I shall send you the ideas as u please

#190 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Bryan just responded to one of my twitter questions. Apparently they just came up with a plan for MASC. :)

#191 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 05 August 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Bryan just responded to one of my twitter questions. Apparently they just came up with a plan for MASC. :)

Anything you could share ?

#192 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

He shared nothing aside from him literally just coming out of a meeting involving a plan for it. I'm sure they will do a dev post on it eventually.

#193 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 05 August 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

He shared nothing aside from him literally just coming out of a meeting involving a plan for it. I'm sure they will do a dev post on it eventually.

Fingers crossed. :)

#194 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 13 May 2014 - 07:57 PM, said:

mad dog, linebacker and Kodiak
would be awesome

Mad Dog and Kodiak!

#195 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Pariah, with all due respect, i can wait for the little nice Fire Moth or all the other MASC chassis. I want them, just not before the "obvious choice".. #maddognextmech :)

#196 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Of course, I can wait. However, I already have a name picked out for my Firemoth: Sanic. It shall be painted in Plaid.

#197 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

I want to paint on mine "You drive like a freebirth, cadet!" :)

#198 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

PGI will not release Clan BattleMechs for a very long time. Do yourselves a favour and stop hoping for the Kodiak.

#199 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, use a Dire Kodiak... Gives you a Targeting Comp and more ammo! Sure moves a little slower... Cannot get it all though.

#200 Henric Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 109 posts
  • LocationYork II

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

I am famous for, and it is well known, that I favor Hellbringer / Loki mech, and usually am found in one. I wish they would release the Hellbringer, Maddog, and a couple of other Mechs that SHOULD HAVE been included in the initial Clan Packs.

If anyone should know of a release date for the Hellbringer, please be so good as to let me know of it. B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users