BattleMechs Balance Loadout

120 replies to this topic

#1 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Posted Image

I am interested in playing stock, but Mondays are a 100% never for me. Would anyone like to do a Stock Saturday? Around 9 p.m. CST.. We'll be running 3025 versions, totally unmodified (including armor placement). Check the "Tech 1 List" for your mech of choice.

Edit:

If you are interested, shoot me a friend invite in game.

Should you be interested in playing, try getting a stock medium 'mech. The plan is to do 3/6/2/1 eventually. (Three lights, six mediums, two heavies, one assault). This is closer to 3025 era company structure.

Thanks to the guys at Mechforce: Classic, and Orbit Rain, we have a Teamspeak:

View PostOrbit Rain, on 17 May 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Teamspeak:
PW: StranaMechty
Use the MechForce: Classic - Stock Mech Monday Dropships, that's what they're there for! :lol:

Edited by Psycho Farmer, 20 May 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

I would. Stock Mondays Hurt now that I am getting up or Overtime at 3:30AM. Saturdays would be easier for now!

#3 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

No problem just click the "Stock Matches" box* next to the maps.

*in 6-12 months

#4 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 16 May 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

No problem just click the "Stock Matches" box* next to the maps.

*in 6-12 months

Oh wow, they announced a stock queue?

#5 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostPsycho Farmer, on 16 May 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Your sarcasm detector needs calibrating.

#6 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostPsycho Farmer, on 16 May 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

He is messing with you.

Go here...
http://mechforceclassic.enjin.com/home
... and start up a conversation about that. So far thereare things going on Monday nights and Wednesday nights and then some EU/AU stuff being talked about on Mondays as well.

I would show up for Saturday nights, or honestly any nights that I don't have RL stuff going on.

#7 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

I have little doubt I'd be playing if this was a thing.

#8 Ironsides

Rookie

• The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Late weeknight matches are out of the question due to my west coast location and work schedule.

Actually the last time I played was April last year, but stock matches could get me back in. Really what mattered to me wasn't winning or loosing; a good hard fought match between players that wanted to have fun together was. Frankly, communication and cooperation made it fun and rewarding, not the c-bills or W/L record. Hopefully stock matches will scratch that particular itch. :lol:

Edited by Ironsides, 16 May 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#9 Ningyo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

I can probably join in just about any time only have a few options on mechs to run in one since I only have 4 mech bays though. (right now only have 2 dedicated to stock hehe might make it 3 though soon)

#10 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostNingyo, on 16 May 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

I can probably join in just about any time only have a few options on mechs to run in one since I only have 4 mech bays though. (right now only have 2 dedicated to stock hehe might make it 3 though soon)

1.5 million c-bills buys you a locust, and surprisingly, they don't suck in stock mode.

#11 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

It's gotta start somewhere. Feel free to hang the MF:C lobby while you pug. If enough people do that, and two of them are running premium time, you're good to go!

Edited by Orbit Rain, 16 May 2014 - 10:48 AM.

#12 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

There are talks on MechForce of having Stock Scenarios (TT mini-campaigns from catalyst books made useable for MWO) on Saturday's.

In general though, I suggest just hopping on the Strana TS, and bring some folks. Usually people will be around and some groups are playing stocks practically everyday, albeit in smaller numbers. I can't play very often myself, I'm down to playing MWO 1-2 times a week devoted to playing stocks.

Edited by General Taskeen, 16 May 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#13 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

The problems i have with stock matches are that you need TS (I have a headset with a mic, but don't know how good it is as i only bought it because it was cheap headphones :) ) and i'm a technology biff. No idea how to use TS.
Also i have a sprog on the way (women... :angry: ), and i have sleep apnoea so my "awake times" are pretty random.

But i really want to play stock matches :(

#14 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostWolfways, on 16 May 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

The problems i have with stock matches are that you need TS (I have a headset with a mic, but don't know how good it is as i only bought it because it was cheap headphones :) ) and i'm a technology biff. No idea how to use TS.
Also i have a sprog on the way (women... :angry: ), and i have sleep apnoea so my "awake times" are pretty random.

There are plenty of people who can help you set up TS, which is a lot more intuitive than you might think.

As for the sleeping issues (which would include the sprog, as you put it) I cannot help as much there.

#15 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

The problems i have with stock matches are that you need TS (I have a headset with a mic, but don't know how good it is as i only bought it because it was cheap headphones :( ) and i'm a technology biff. No idea how to use TS.
Also i have a sprog on the way (women... :wacko: ), and i have sleep apnoea so my "awake times" are pretty random.

But i really want to play stock matches :angry:

Getting ts set up is surprisingly easy and once you're in you don't need to talk much. Just tell you're in game name and someone will invite you. If I can do that with my heavy French accent you can too :)

#16 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

One other thought - even if your mic doesn't work, or works, but poorly, do not let that stop you from dropping in.

Even being able to listen in helps. :)

#17 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

OMG but we're gonna need two seperate sets of stock queues one for the tryhards and one for the casuals so that means Stock Saturdays and Sundays! COME ON GUYS you're driving stock pilots out of the game!!

I'm just gonna go sit in my corner again :ph34r:

guess who left his browser open?

#18 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

Jumped on tonight to earn some c-bills for Stock Mech matches. Good lord, this game is boring now. PPCs/ACs/JJs. That's it.

#19 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

View Postlockwoodx, on 16 May 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

OMG but we're gonna need two seperate sets of stock queues one for the tryhards and one for the casuals so that means Stock Saturdays and Sundays! COME ON GUYS you're driving stock pilots out of the game!!

I'm just gonna go sit in my corner again :lol:

guess who left his browser open?

HA HA very funny. Guess who's home from school too? He hinted that surprise was waiting for me on the forums. That's what I get for bowing out early after a welcome home session of bells black note stouts and saying he could use my rig for some gaming. (if you haven't had one.. it's sexual chocolate in a bottle)

Actually this is a great example of what sportsmanship is all about being able to grin and whisper "sum'bish" under my breath, and in a way he wasn't wrong. It's just a tad more difficult dealing with 12 strangers who you know are exploiting the fugly up to their eyeballs, and I wish PGI had a solution they could communicate to us with which is where a lot of the frustration comes from. What would happen if PGI did create a stock queue but allowed any sized team to drop it in? That's a question for another day, as that horse isn't dead yet but I've said my peace in the other thread and patiently await for PGI to have the brass to make a statement on the subject.

In the meantime I think I'll reinstall MWO this weekend and get some practice in pugging. It has been a while and I'm sure it hasn't done my aim any favors. The worst of the withdrawl from quitting smokes has passed and it's time to go back to kicking glass. I don't even think I had enough bills to purchase a stock yet, so there's grinding to be done! Just be gentle... dem stocks don't hold up too well in the public queque. :ph34r:

Edited by lockwoodx, 17 May 2014 - 04:28 AM.

#20 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

Heh, yea, Mondays are bad for me as well, I am usually at the gym, Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri from about 9 to 10:30 EST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users