#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

As you may be aware, a bug affecting missiles was discovered after yesterday's patch. We have tracked down the issue, which had been affecting LRMs, SRMs and Streaks. A fix has been made and is currently undegoing an internal test before we release it in a hot fix.

Please note that this particular hot fix will require a game restart and patch from the players. Those in a match during the hot fix may lose connection.

The hot fix is scheduled for 6:30PM PDT / 9:30 PM EDT / 12:30 AM UTC

#2 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

Thank you for reacting fast.

So what's the deal with the remaining SRM fixes? Any ETA? :D

#3 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

What Broke? More details plz.

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

I don't suppose SRMs will be better than pre patch?

Or just reverted to their not quite useless state?

#5 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'm thinking you guys should bump SRM damage to 2.5 to make it up to us. Please? Just one glimmer of the brawling we had a year ago? What's the worst that could happen - no poptarts for two weeks?

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 21 May 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

I'm thinking you guys should bump SRM damage to 2.5 to make it up to us. Please? Just one glimmer of the brawling we had a year ago? What's the worst that could happen - no poptarts for two weeks?

But the SRMageddon! Think of the SRMageddon!

:huh: :D

#7 Prawfutt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe sulfuric beaches of Malibu

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for finding and fixing the problem.... and believing us when we said there was a problem rather than saying "THERE IS NOTHING WRONG" *cough*paul*caugh*

#8 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

Good! For my daily DXP, I changed my LRM's into ERPPC's to end the Master at last... I'm sure with LRM's I don't hit so many friendly Mechs... soooo.. I hope they fix it fast.

Edited by Sky Hawk, 21 May 2014 - 03:08 PM.

#9 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 21 May 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

But then what would the HoL vs HoL final look like if they couldnt field poptarts?

Edited by Harathan, 21 May 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#10 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostHarathan, on 21 May 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

But then what would the HoL vs HoL final look like if they couldnt field poptarts?

The brawling decks we used to take and love over a year ago... ah the good old days...

Great players are still great without jumpsniping.

Edited by Roughneck45, 21 May 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#11 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

You guys are too much worried cause of hit detection... Look on a bright side, we got new cockpit items!!

#12 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostHarathan, on 21 May 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

Interesting.

#13 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 21 May 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Interesting.

At this rate, I don't think Paul would want to reneg on his "promise" to nerf the SRMs back to 1.5.

#14 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

I wonder if whatever affected missiles during yesterday's patch, and what's being fixed, now, was the cause of so many SRM problems for a while, and might fix the whole kit and kaboodle once and for all. I would love to see my hit percentage with LRMs go up from 20% to 35 or 40%.

#15 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 21 May 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

I wonder if whatever affected missiles during yesterday's patch, and what's being fixed, now, was the cause of so many SRM problems for a while, and might fix the whole kit and kaboodle once and for all. I would love to see my hit percentage with LRMs go up from 20% to 35 or 40%.

Unlikely. The b0rk yesterday seems to be related to Clan LRM code getting mixed in, which was only done yesterday.

#16 Englebert

• Pip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

looks like things to come. yay for improvements.

#17 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostHarathan, on 21 May 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

Unlikely. The b0rk yesterday seems to be related to Clan LRM code getting mixed in, which was only done yesterday.
And... you know this precisely how? I didn't read anywhere that was said anything was getting mixed in, anywhere, and I have a tendency to read a lot, though not all.

#18 Dakkath

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

As you may be aware, a bug affecting missiles was discovered after yesterday's patch. We have tracked down the issue, which had been affecting LRMs, SRMs and Streaks. A fix has been made and is currently undegoing an internal test before we release it in a hot fix.

Please note that this particular hot fix will require a game restart and patch from the players. Those in a match during the hot fix may lose connection.

Specifics on the time of the hot-fix to be released upon completion of testing.

This is interesting to me. Surveying the bug fixes from last patch shows

Bug Fixes

- Resolved a glitch where the yellow selection highlight in the Mechlab remained stuck to previously selected objects.
- Fixed a glitch in the Mechlab where NaN is displayed on info bars when no Engine is equipped.
- Removed a corruption glitch in the Pilot lab on horizontal scroll bars for chassis/variant selection.
- Resolved presentation glitch in MC owned changes briefly while switching between Owned and Purchaseable Mechs
- Corrected the displayed range of AMS as the optimal range rather than maximum.
- Corrected rules to Liquid Metal achievement to remove instances of unlock despite being destroyed in match.
- Resolved a series of back-end algorithm issues which were blocking further matchmaking implementations.
- Resolved several issues relating to 3/3/3/3 and one group per team matchmaking algorithm.
- Fixed issue in matchmaking that could result in imbalances between number of groups when one group per team is disabled

So my question is this: How did missiles get mucked with and then go undetected through testing? Was there more things adjusted then what was on the patch notes? A little scary IMO and does this signal any need for better oversight on changes, because things like this seem to happen often.

Edit:
Ahh appears as there was 'behind the scenes' work being done but not noted in the patch notes..

Russ B
Even at this time we are not 100% certain what is causing the bug however there was some work implemented to support the upcoming Clan LRM's. It was expected these changes would not have any impact on the game after patch, obviously this seems to be our culprit.

Edited by Dakkath, 21 May 2014 - 02:40 PM.
found info I was asking about.

#19 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 21 May 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

And... you know this precisely how? I didn't read anywhere that was said anything was getting mixed in, anywhere, and I have a tendency to read a lot, though not all.

Without writing an entire thesis, let's just sum up the points.

1) Clan LRMs will have an exponential curve for damage @ some range under 200 or so. Read the Clan Weapon discussion Paul wrote a while back.

2) Damage seems to be different depending on range - this is through empirical testing found on reddit threads or existing threads on the board. In essence, that is partly the description found about Clan LRM damage.

3) Lots of things are "linked" in the missile code, like the Artemis speeding up Streak locks (which is a known bug/behavior)... since they share the same locking code. Since the change AFFECTED ALL MISSILE TYPES, therefore it is reasonable to assume that whatever they did to add for clan LRMs was not sectioned off the main code path for missiles, thus affecting them globally as they did.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Edited by Deathlike, 21 May 2014 - 02:40 PM.

#20 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 21 May 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...e-bug-may-20th/

Need to read more, apparently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users