250 replies to this topic

#41 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,696 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:37 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 May 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

I never support the systematic removal of free choice. :)

Posted Image

#42 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

Great record Lockwoodx

Also it would be nice if one could pull the core. Give it a 10 second countdown. If you gota die go out in a mushroom cloud and take them with you :)

#43 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 22 May 2014 - 04:40 AM, said:

Great record Lockwoodx

Also it would be nice if one could pull the core. Give it a 10 second countdown. If you gota die go out in a mushroom cloud and take them with you :)

Its called Stackpoling!

#44 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:12 AM

Fist point, I find it appalling that we have long time players, Founders, Overlord package holders, etc. trying to play the trump that they need the C-bills/XP or have just that one mech to drop with and therewith dictate the actions of others. I have at least 10 mechs I drop with on a regular basis (all fully equipped and with their own separate modules) and around 200 mil in the bank. Needing to maximize C-bill earnings and being stuck with 1 mech is a new player issue, not one for package holders and long term players. Even if you do not own a single mech there are still 4 trial mechs to drop in, so, trump card denied.

What I do as the last man standing depends on the game mode and my mech, like many of the other posters. I also make very sure to type my intentions to my team if I decide to power down for an ambush.

Skermish: If I have no weapons I need to go die by the most convenient method available. I can do no good and there is no other vicotry condition besides my death. If I have weapons I am going to do my damndest to take the enemy down or at least hurt them as much as possible.

Assault/Conquest: If I can, I am going to take somebody with me. If not, well there is a second win condition and the enemy team is welcome to use it, because I am not feeding my mech to them. I will never rush into a mob of enemies just to end the match, ever. I have also never intentionally ran out of bounds (did once by accident when I just started) either.

If you are feeding yourself to the enemy just to save some random people a minute or two you are not doing your best, rather you are being a submissive slave to the will of strangers. Like Conan said (more or less); this is my fight, if you want to help then fine, if not then stay out of my way and be quiet.

#45 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 May 2014 - 03:44 AM, said:

And that is on you. But that doesn't give the right to infringe no player X's right to play the game his way. If C Bills per hour is your Goal you could hit exit match and move to the next Launch ASAP. So long as you have another Mech.

Just pointing out stupidity for what it is. I am morally obligated to. :)

Edited by El Bandito, 22 May 2014 - 05:21 AM.

#46 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

As a founder with 3 Mechs and 710,000 C-bills, I agree with you. I stay in match till the end, I don't complain about not having "Caught 'em all!" or not having cash. I am playing a Merc piloting a Multi million C-Bill war machine... I should be broke! :)

#47 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Do I have a high k/d on this mech? Might save it.
Did I do my part? Did I really hold fast and watch the world burn around me? (Did I get a super high score I want to keep?)
Is it conquest? I s there anything else I can do?

If these are all no, I will try to make it as entertaining for the spectators as possible, whether a firey JJ flameball of death, a sniper peekaboo performance, or a circle of death with 5 opponents.

#48 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 22 May 2014 - 04:40 AM, said:

Great record Lockwoodx

Freakin' bane of MW4, no interest in seeing that re surge.

#49 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

I had a similar situation. Try hide in the base and hope for the turrets to help out.
I managed at leats 3 more casualties with the help of the turrets.

But normally use No. 3 If you can't win this day, do not grant the opp additional C-bills. Go home and return later. Staying to fight makes only sense if you can at leats ensure some further income for you. Maybe an easy kill, or ripping off a bodypart for some component destruction bonus.

run and hide is useless and a waste of time. You won't win anways by that, so there is no sense in doind this.

#50 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

View PostMagnakanus, on 22 May 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

[...]
What I do as the last man standing depends on the game mode and my mech, like many of the other posters. I also make very sure to type my intentions to my team if I decide to power down for an ambush.
[...]

I usually can't type while piloting to stay hidden and when I'm hidden, I really am focusing on every pixel move and every sound.
That makes me either not be able to say anything to the team or just say gibberish with loose words.

And this becomes a problem mostly when I start reading stuff like they are going to report me and whatnot, but the worst thing is when they type in my coords to the general chat... I usually am so damn focused I only see the coords and move outta there, but forget the name so I can report him/her.
This is a frustrating position and most times I wish I could remember the name of that person but in the middle of everything that becomes one of the least things I can concern myself with.

#51 Valkyrie Brynhildr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 343 posts
  • LocationHall of the Valkyries

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:42 AM

Seeing how as I'm rarely ever in a light or an agile mech, I often tend to go down fighting as the last member of my team by facing my opponents.

And in one occasion, I actually won and took down all 7 opponents in an epic final stand on Caustic Valley Assault with my Misery.
Almost had it again in Canyons Assault but was cored by a Jenner in my Centurion. Amazing thing about that one is that I took down 5 out of 7 with a legged Centurion.

#52 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 22 May 2014 - 05:35 AM, said:

I usually can't type while piloting to stay hidden and when I'm hidden, I really am focusing on every pixel move and every sound. That makes me either not be able to say anything to the team or just say gibberish with loose words. And this becomes a problem mostly when I start reading stuff like they are going to report me and whatnot, but the worst thing is when they type in my coords to the general chat... I usually am so damn focused I only see the coords and move outta there, but forget the name so I can report him/her. This is a frustrating position and most times I wish I could remember the name of that person but in the middle of everything that becomes one of the least things I can concern myself with.

You might want to work on that a bit, no insult intended. A simple "ambushing" in team chat is enough to make your intent known. I find that if I am powering down for an ambush I have at least a second or 2 to type, but I type a lot and fast without looking at the keyboard. If you are the "hunter/******" type of typist I can understand it then.

And if you do notice they give your coords away in chat just press the print screen button. The client saves the screenshot to your MWO user folder.

Edit: Interestingly P E C K E R is an edited word. LOL

Edited by Magnakanus, 22 May 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#53 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:45 AM

If you can cap win, go for it. Otherwise don't waste everyone else's time. We have SEARCHING to do that.

#54 Magna Canus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 22 May 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

If you can cap win, go for it. Otherwise don't waste everyone else's time. We have SEARCHING to do that.

One of the worst wastes of time are those teams that wind by a land slide on conquest or assault and still insist on scouring the entire map in their blood lust for that last spider instead of taking the second win condition option.

#55 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:59 AM

View PostMagnakanus, on 22 May 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

One of the worst wastes of time are those teams that wind by a land slide on conquest or assault and still insist on scouring the entire map in their blood lust for that last spider instead of taking the second First win condition option.
FTFY... Unless PGI changed the order Victory conditions are listed... :)

#56 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 22 May 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

Trying to survive is the worst and also reportable to PGI
Self distract is low but acceptable
If the enemy team is to damage ambuse them, if not, go down fighting.

No it's not.

#57 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 May 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

FTFY... Unless PGI changed the order Victory conditions are listed... :D

This MechWarrior... all conditions are secondary to slagging metal.

:)

#58 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 22 May 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

This MechWarrior... all conditions are secondary to slagging metal.

:)

Considering that is the main mindset of many players I have to wonder who is more blood thirsty, Video gamers or Paid Professional mass murdering baby killers? :D

#59 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:09 AM

Last time this came up, the devs stated definitively that the remaining player should engage with the enemy and not run out of bounds or shut down.

That could entail being cunning and setting up an ambush. Or, if running away and staying alive will win a Conquest match as the tickets are close to counting up, then that's fine, too.

I wish I had bookmarked that thread.

Edited by Appogee, 22 May 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#60 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:15 AM

View PostAppogee, on 22 May 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

Last time this came up, the devs stated definitively that the remaining player should engage with the enemy and not run out of bounds or shut down.

"Engaging" could entail being cunning and setting up an ambush. Or, if running away and staying alive will win a Conquest match as the tickets are close to counting up, then that's fine, too.

I wish I had bookmarked that thread.

I'm still of the opinion that unless they are the last man standing, they should butt out. Every situation is it's own, and How the man wants to play it is his choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users