#1 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

It is faction challenge round 2 guys..
Opt in NOW! else people going QQ about NOT being able to participate because there is a cut off timing.

Get ready for LRM STORM by LRM boating try hards !!
Pretty sure this tournament is meant to test the new MM. Oh well let's have fun and count the hundreds of LRMs flying through the sky.

http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Edit: Ok... I got confused on the status of 3/3/3/3.. It is OFF again ?!?!? 2 weeks to rewrite MM code ?? Not simulated months ago !?!? No idea..... meh..

Edited by ShinVector, 23 May 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#2 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

I'm going to take my AWS-8V LRM boat out for at least a couple of matches. But it'll be balanced out by the fact that it's an Awesome ;)

#3 RTDouglas

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:58 AM

I personally call on all Liao pilots who are able to opt in!

It is your duty to participate!

Our showing last time was a disgrace not to be repeated...

It is time for REVENGE.

#4 torturous

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 98 posts
  • LocationMech bay

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

Ive Opted in.
Dont have mega time to get a good score, but will wave the Liao flag.

Wishing all Liao Pilots "Good Hunting"

#5 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:20 AM

I'll get that Hula Girl.

Oh yes. She WILL be mine.

#6 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 23 May 2014 - 02:11 AM, said:

I'm going to take my AWS-8V LRM boat out for at least a couple of matches. But it'll be balanced out by the fact that it's an Awesome ;)

ARrrrggghh.. Spammer !!

#7 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostShinVector, on 23 May 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

ARrrrggghh.. Spammer !!

Pssh. I view factional tournaments as a way to show people how "meta" certain choices really are.

If LRM boats do that well all-round? OK. I don't expect much to dethrone the lights/Dragon Slayer types who will pile up the top scores.

#8 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

View Postwanderer, on 23 May 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

Pssh. I view factional tournaments as a way to show people how "meta" certain choices really are.

If LRM boats do that well all-round? OK. I don't expect much to dethrone the lights/Dragon Slayer types who will pile up the top scores.

Almost all light pilots got their rankings destoryed by LRM spammers last tourny... 175m/s LRMs were evil...

#9 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Good thing they're 160 now, eh? You know your way around a -4X. Go prove things are different.

#10 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

Yep I expect my AWS to either shake a lot of screens or die to light pilots like yourself Shin :P

I'll probably be in my 3L most of the time getting in long range stealth assists.

Edit: Noticed that Eglar swapped to FRR this weekend from Kurita. He swapped to Liao last time. Here's a link to the old one's results https://mwomercs.com...t=201403faction

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 23 May 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#11 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

I think I'll run my 'Wang all weekend, no one expects a 'Wang anymore.

#12 Anik BC

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

I will do all that is in my power to improve my results this time.
Who am I kidding Im just bringing my ecm and lrm dodging skills to this missile party

#13 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

Damn! .. I just realise the timing on this tounry this time..
On my timing.. It starts 1am tonight Sunday and stops 2pm Tuesday... This kinda sucks...

#14 Truthstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

View PostShinVector, on 22 May 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

It is faction challenge round 2 guys..
Opt in NOW! else people going QQ about NOT being able to participate because there is a cut off timing.

Get ready for LRM STORM by LRM boating try hards !!
Pretty sure this tournament is meant to test the new MM. Oh well let's have fun and count the hundreds of LRMs flying through the sky.

http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Edit: Ok... I got confused on the status of 3/3/3/3.. It is OFF again ?!?!? 2 weeks to rewrite MM code ?? Not simulated months ago !?!? No idea..... meh..

Wow yet another **** tournament. Last I checked there should be constant state of Warring vs other Houses. But if you want to have timeouts oh well...

#15 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

I put in some matches for House Liao. My first match was just in time to add to the total score and landed me the 8th spot. The second match was a day later and put me in #200; it appears that almost no one is playing for Liao. 33 matches later I was in #18 but the rest of the day was already scheduled and I gradually dropped (now #32).

Still learning how to play assaults (BLR-1D, best score 199). My total score is 100 less than for the previous tournament ;) Half-way I switched to semi-Meta BLR-1D and that actually worked...

LRMs: I had a few games where I was absolutely showered by LRMs but overall it wasn't so bad.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 25 May 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#16 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

Ok 2188.. that's it for me... Can't do better than that with the time given and lousy asian lag..... Also getting hit hard by ELO banding...

There will always be other tournies I guess...
I might need to focus on Assault Poptarts instead of lights.. LOL... :D

#17 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Blackhawk, Shin - you guys are doing fantastic!

#18 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

Thanks Zvolimir, I'm just glad I made it to the top 10.

A few thoughts about this event....

1. PGI needs to design the faction challenge better. For example, only scores from the top 50 count, otherwise it's pretty much impossible for any smaller-than-average faction to win. If the idea is to make it kind of like CW, then why are lone wolves even a faction? I'm not saying we'd win but at least it gives Liao a chance.

2. The scoring favors being more aggressive and taking risks so you can get big damage and kills. It also favors not focusing on a single target so you can get assists. I know for me I'm not that aggressive of a player and I focus fire. It should reward things like C-ECM, spotting assists, and component destruction like in the Cbills calculation. If that happened then I think the 3L would have been more competitive in this challenge.

3. To score well I think you have to find a formula and stick with it. Again I don't like playing the same chassis over and over. I was in the RVN-3L/4X, CTF-1X/2X/3D, DDC, HBK-4P, and AWS-8V. Although I had my best scores in the 3D and 8V, there's a reason why I have more than 2 mech bays.

4. Damage padding with strikes is highly rewarded. I used them, but I don't think it should be counted towards total damage.

5. I kind of felt Elo coming in. When I first started playing Sunday evening it was often with/against players I haven't heard of. Monday I started seeing more of the known competitive players on both teams and my offensive output decreased.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 27 May 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#19 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

View PostShinVector, on 26 May 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Ok 2188.. that's it for me... Can't do better than that with the time given and lousy asian lag..... Also getting hit hard by ELO banding...

There will always be other tournies I guess...
I might need to focus on Assault Poptarts instead of lights.. LOL... ^_^

The timing did suck for non-US players. I also felt the Elo effect towards the end of the event.

#20 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:58 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 27 May 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

For example, only scores from the top 50 count, otherwise it's pretty much impossible for any smaller-than-average faction to win.

This is already the case; devide by 50 to get the average score, 1970 for Liao, 2120 for the Lone Wolves. The problem is not having too few players but too few very good players. Plus, the #1 from Liao wouldn't even have made it in the top 10 of the winning team so the Lone Wolves really did better (sorry guys).

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 27 May 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

If that happened then I think the 3L would have been more competitive in this challenge.

I played in a slow asssault and whenever I didn't up on the front line my assists were low (and I really had to force myself to be in the front lines but found out a bit too late that was a smart move; sometimes) This is an area where a light can excel I suppose?

I didn't really notice an ELO effect and saw top ten players throughout the match but only played Sunday morning and Monday evening. I used arty a lot, but more as a defense to allow me to retreat. I did score a few arty kills and even received some complaints... (but having been nuked time and again I didn't really feel sorry, fortunately never fatally hit).

(Blast, the tourny ended this morning and I dropped 2 more places while working ^_^ (#27))

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 27 May 2014 - 01:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users