Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostBurakumin1979, on 23 May 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

Thats so cool! I was hoping they would make a clan mech as easy to hit as the Awesome and even easier to completely disarm in like 2 shots.

Tell me that its going to be super slow and have crazy heat problems and I'll pick this one up in a second!

It does not look like it will be very big actually.. Quite smaller than an Awesome for sure, even if taller than the original design. 81 (86) KPH is super-slow for you? Much faster than an Awesome..
Heat problems? Sure, Battletech had no ghost heat, but you can chain fire them and still punch some interesting damage..

Plus JJs!

#42 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 23 May 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

You forgot beam duration as a potential - there are probably a few others (they have played with range /some/ remember the AC/2 nerf?) but yeah - not a whole lot.

As for the people getting upset about it not being able to alpha - dude(tte)s - neither MW2 or 3 would let you alpha with that loadout.

I agree, I see it as a mech that never has downtime. Unless it is at heat cap it can hit you and that makes it interesting. I'll probably move everything to an S config like an above poster mentioned.

#43 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:26 PM

Soooo, all you guys complaining about it's inability to fire 12 medium lasers, do you really run your mechs stock? Of course you don't, that's just silly, you can stop saying such dumb things in here because everyone knows you're going to tweak this before you deploy in it.

Drop a few lasers, or trade in some ER Smalls, add heat sinks, perfectly working mech. And if you don't understand how to alpha and run, go pilot a jenner, you'll learn.

#44 Burakumin1979

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

Shimmering, how does that fix its easily targeted arms (neuter potential) coupled with it being slow?

#45 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

My baby!

#46 Sagedabluemage

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

looking foward to using it. it its anything like my hunchie ill have fun XD. Tho kinda curious as to the ghost heat issue will work with this.

Tho i wonder alot about the clan weaponry coming in if they had maybe less damage and more shots i think that could account for the heat maybe but im prolly thinking to far into this or just derping on my thoughts again.

But anyway it looks like a fun one to pilot imma have a blast with it on when they all drop.

tho im lookin forward more to piloting my Adder XD

#47 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

you COULD probably Alpha this badboy... Clan weps lower heat, so this thing might be nastier than a pop tart or ac40 JM.

#48 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

Dude those popeye arms wont be flimsy, do you even lift?

#49 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 23 May 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Soooo, all you guys complaining about it's inability to fire 12 medium lasers, do you really run your mechs stock? Of course you don't, that's just silly, you can stop saying such dumb things in here because everyone knows you're going to tweak this before you deploy in it.

Drop a few lasers, or trade in some ER Smalls, add heat sinks, perfectly working mech. And if you don't understand how to alpha and run, go pilot a jenner, you'll learn.

This. Look at the potential, not just the loadout. We don't know how many CERML will be optimal, but we'll figure it out. Not to mention the potential for ERSL, PPCs, quad ERLL, or whatever else works

#50 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 23 May 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

you COULD probably Alpha this badboy... Clan weps lower heat, so this thing might be nastier than a pop tart or ac40 JM.

The alpha alone would send this thing into over heat as cER ML have the same heat as IS ML. So that is 70 heat right there, plus whatever your threshold is for moving. Add in ghost heat, which with 12 would probably be an extra 30 heat or something ridiculous that thing would slag itself.

As for the comment about the arms, there are a lot of mechs with big arms, or big something that get by. No one is saying this will be the cutting edge of jump snipe meta, just that it will be fun.

#51 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Looks a lot like the Stormcrow. :shrug:

#52 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostForte, on 23 May 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

As for the comment about the arms, there are a lot of mechs with big arms, or big something that get by. No one is saying this will be the cutting edge of jump snipe meta, just that it will be fun.

The other two variants have torso mounted weaponry.

How bad do you think they will complain about the arms when that sinks in? ;)

#53 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 23 May 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

No- ER Med Lasers have more range, higher damage and more heat....5 heat per laser according to Sarna.net. So depending on what the MWO stats really come out as, you might overheat even just trying to fire half of them at once.

(However...If you can fire half of them at once, that's still a whopping 42 damage!)

Edited by Pygar, 23 May 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#54 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

God I can't wait.I've always loved the NOVA ,but since there won't be a Black Lanner anytime soon this is the med. I enjoy. june 17th too far away.

#55 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostCrann, on 23 May 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

Logged in just to say.. that is NOT a nova. Nova's legs come together with the shoulder.. also therefore no torso twist. I dont know which is worse, timberwolf or nova.

This is the new design of the clan mechs,which to say I'm happy with since now they actaully get a torso twist,which the originals ,like the dragonfly and others never got. I can deal with this no problem,and they still maintain the asthetics of the original designs. Though like others,still getting used to the LRM launcher hanging down low on the Warhawka rm,but will get used to it in time.

#56 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

First thing to be done to this is the comp players will swap the 12 ERMLAS for a pair of ERPPC . 50 ton 30-point alpha pop tart extraordinaire. Not saying it is good or bad, but it does make it a contender in comp play.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 23 May 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#57 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:57 PM

12-pack of ER ML.

I'm going to name at least one of my Novas "PBR"!

Edited by WVAnonymous, 23 May 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#58 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 23 May 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

- Firstbuilt in 2870 by Clan Hell’s Horses, the Nova is a well-balanced machine
- Highlyversatile, variant configurations use a wide variety of weapon types.
- Designed to act as a work horse, the Nova packs very high damage output with 12 ERMedium Lasers.

Beautiful! Probably the most good looking Clan omnimech so far.

#59 Myfriendscallmecoach

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

One of my favorite designs so far. Torso twist was a must for the mech to be viable. Good job guys.

#60 Darksoul719

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

So they saved the Dire Wolf for last well played PGI, well played....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users