- - - - -

The 'ask Me Anything' Poll

101 replies to this topic

Poll: AMA Debriefing (535 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in seeing more Reddit AMA events?

1. Voted Yes (332 votes [62.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.06%

2. Neutral (116 votes [21.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.68%

3. No (87 votes [16.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.26%

Would you be interested in seeing a "Get To Know The Devs" event? (Less focused on the game and more on the people behind the process.)

1. Voted Yes (199 votes [37.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.20%

2. Neutral (192 votes [35.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.89%

3. No (144 votes [26.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

Would you be interested in seeing more Dev Vlogs?

1. Voted Yes (347 votes [65.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.23%

2. Neutral (107 votes [20.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.11%

3. No (78 votes [14.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.66%

Would you be interested in seeing more Behind the Scenes Tweets of the Studio?

1. Voted Yes (229 votes [43.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.05%

2. Neutral (164 votes [30.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.83%

3. No (139 votes [26.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.13%

Would you be interested in seeing more Command Chair posts?

1. Voted Yes (463 votes [91.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 91.87%

2. Neutral (18 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

3. No (23 votes [4.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.56%

Would you be interested in seeing more fluff like the ISN News Reports?

1. Voted Yes (318 votes [63.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.73%

2. Neutral (110 votes [22.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.04%

3. No (71 votes [14.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.23%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

Quick poll following up on the Russ Bullock AMA event.
I'd like to gauge your opinions on if we should do kind of event again.

Edit: Additional questions now added for Vlogs and Command Chair Reports and Behind the Scenes Snapshots

Bonus Survey Question:
If you answered yes to question 2:
What sort of fun/friendly/casual questions would you like to see in a "Get to Know The Devs" event?

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

will there be beer and pizza?

The food was a little cold at the Launch but the open bar was a good perk.......

#3 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

Meh, and meh. Voted yes for both because more communication of any kind is always good, but how about a behind-the-scenes at PGI offices? More specifically, less about the game, less about the people, more about the process.

Edited by Kassatsu, 25 May 2014 - 09:30 PM.

#4 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

I voted no because Reddit is the spawn of all that is evil. perhaps you use your own forums?

#5 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

Glad to see you guys are making more of an effort to win back disillusioned players.

Although I do wonder how much of that has to do with the sales (or lack thereoff) of the clan mechs... ;)

#6 Project Dark Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

All my yes. As long as it doesn't totally interfere with the workflow much. (Also, less time editing, more raw video.)

#7 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

Any new information is good information.

I just want to know the true status of the Flea/Masc and when will I get my Locust/Spider hero mechs?

#8 ArmyOfWon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

So much yes. I would really love to see Paul do an AMA on game balance, what metrics and data he has, what processes he goes through with game balance, how much time he dedicates to game balance, why the **** 3 variants of LRM 50s with the same tonnage and hardpoint configurations produce 3 different heat signatures, etc etc.

Actually, now that I think about it, there needs to be a DEDICATED person to game balance, a la David Kim with Blizzard. (Hint: You wouldn't even have to pay me!)

#9 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

What I would find interesting would be Niko grabbing a video camera and wandering around the office introducing people, and showing what they are working on (assuming its not anything super secret). I want to know who the people are that are making the game.

#10 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Tweet the office, that is a low resource task. Apart from that, I would be interested in more constructive work. Complete patch notes, a full user.cfg parameters list, and accepting balance ideas from some of the competitive talent would be a good start.

#11 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 25 May 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

Quick poll following up on the Russ Bullock AMA event.
I'd like to gauge your opinions on if we should do kind of event again.

Edit: Additional questions now added for Vlogs and Behind the Scenes Snapshots

Bonus Survey Question:
If you answered yes to question 2:
What sort of fun/friendly/casual questions would you like to see in a "Get to Know The Devs" event?

Only if the VLOG's start to make it out in time and contain info we don't already know... ;) :ph34r: ;)

#12 waterfowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

Dev vlogs AND blogs are one of my favorite things about CCP. Would rather there were dev blogs instead of tweets

Edited by waterfowl, 25 May 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#13 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

View PostArmyOfWon, on 25 May 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

So much yes. I would really love to see Paul do an AMA on game balance, what metrics and data he has, what processes he goes through with game balance, how much time he dedicates to game balance, why the **** 3 variants of LRM 50s with the same tonnage and hardpoint configurations produce 3 different heat signatures, etc etc.

Actually, now that I think about it, there needs to be a DEDICATED person to game balance, a la David Kim with Blizzard. (Hint: You wouldn't even have to pay me!)

Paul uses a dart board to balance the game... it was in his post about nerfing.... http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Edited by Imperius, 25 May 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#14 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

Nikolai, this is a fantastic step forward. I think we all would like more communication from PGI. While a lot of the time, mystery and intrigue seem great, as people are waiting for a surprise, it's not that good when it comes to releasing features into the game. especially when we have no idea why they have been released. So getting more information is going to be always great.

Even if we dislike something, we will at least know WHY it was implemented.

Also, communication gives us the hope that it's going both ways, and what we may mention during conversations such as the AMA would be considered by the devs. We also understand that you can't just hand out the personal e-mails of the entire crew to be bombarded by tens of thousands of e-mails a day. However, getting some quick updates from some of the mechanics designers once a week or so would be excellent.

We still don't know what the final implementation of mechanics related to clan mechs (which some of us put hundreds of dollars into) will be like, and their release is within a month. I'm using this as an example. I'm willing to bet that plenty of people would be happy to see a tweet, or a short message (like a command chair update) that's about 3 lines long, saying the engineers are considering this or that, right now for whatever feature.

Yes, it can spawn a storm of back and forth posts by the players on the forums, but that would be beneficial for everyone involved. You guys get an idea of how the larger player-base might receive something, and we get a shadow of a clue as to what to expect in the coming months.

TL;DR: More communication is excellent, keep up the good work ,and thank you for doing this.

#15 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

View PostTekadept, on 25 May 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

I voted no because Reddit is the spawn of all that is evil. perhaps you use your own forums?

Reddit's commenting system is just simply better at doing a AMA, people can vote up questions they want to see, vote down spam/questions that have already been answered, and Niko doesn't have to spend hours digging through a forum to find the questions to be answered.

#16 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

We should have a feature timeline. No specific dates unless you can make them but make it poll we can vote on or someway to provide feedback of what the community wants. Ideally this should be done though UI 2.0 and a free 8hrs of premium or something is awarded to those who provide feedback in the polls to get the most accurate numbers out of most of the community.

Example

Community Warfare +------+ Collisions/Destruction +-----+ Polish/Mech overpasses(this one should pop up here and there) +-----+Single Player Campaign

This way we know what you are working on and the community has the chance to swing the vote to something in the timeline if the community feels it's more important.

#17 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

Thats strange, why is there no poll for "Would you like to see the devs interact with the forum users more often?".

#18 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

I ticked yes for all except the reddit AMA, that sort of event should be done on the forums, though I know the reasons for reddit were it's posting layout. Perhaps a TS3 event or live stream twitch of answering questions.

More vlogs in general would be awesome, about the people and the process. We usually see all the big fish in the company, I have an interest in audio so seeing different departments that don't often get the limelight would be cool.

What Karl Berg seems to be doing here with the Paging Karl Berg thread seems to be going down well, as questions are quickly responded too and players are keeping questions to Karl's specific field.

#19 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

Niko, any additional communication, especially that which provides timely insight into current and future design efforts and decisions, would be a vast improvement.

Bonus points for referring to the community's suggestions and showing that you're actually evaluating them, and maybe explaining why or how your system will work better (from your point of view).

#20 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

How about less information on 3rd party sites and more information on the MWO site? Why do we have to track down information on the game on other peoples' websites? Let's get it together, Guys! I keep going back to Star Citizen because I can find everything on their website and I don't have to track it down on 3rd party websites. Just sayin'.

Edited by IceCase88, 25 May 2014 - 10:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users