How Much Will The Clan Mechs Be In C-Bills?

69 replies to this topic

#41 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

If they were still able to let them toggle solid to scatter, it would be. Now it is an option, and one I am less sold on. What I am curious to see is if it will be 10 pellets at 2 damage each, or 20 pellets at 1 damage each. Same with the LB2X (2x1? 10x.2?) and AC5X (5x1? 10x.5?).

#42 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

P.D., i am more curious about another thing. If the Clans have standard ACs firing a single slug, will they not have even worse balance issues than those we have now? What could happen if Clan 'Mechs could mount ERPPCs + standard ACs? PinPoint Meta 2.0? :D I was so glad they chose to make UAC/s burst-fire but now i fear that standard ACs could be the most wanted, especially if they weigh less than UAC/s... :huh:

#43 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

Weight limits rear its head. Yes, you can fit two ERPPC and an AC10, for example, for a pinpoint of 40, but you are going to have baseline DHS. You could shoot twice, then you need to cool down. If the enemy pushes your position then you are too hot to sustain the combat. OTOH, if you get 19+ DHS, you can actually start to use those ERPPC like main guns, and at 22+ it becomes trivial. :D

I would rather take 30 points of spammy damage over 40 points of one hit wonder.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 02 June 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#44 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

But you could use an AC/5 instead :D

Oh, i would too, but remember the 6PPC Stalkers..

Edited by CyclonerM, 02 June 2014 - 07:04 AM.

#45 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:15 AM

You could fit in an AC5, but that still only gains you 3 DHS. Barely viable ERPPC main guns at, what, 18 DHS on a Timber Wolf? And that is only if you forgo the S variant's jump jets. 35 damage over 30 is not worth it. :\

By comparison, mine with 22 DHS can fire both ERPPC between 4 and 7 times back to back depending on the map (hot vs cold), and can go from 99% heat to zero very rapidly allowing it to virtually reset its heat scale on demand. Oh, and mine has jump jets. And 4 SRM4 and an ERMLas. (And can alpha strike twice, followed by the quad SRM4+ERMLas once more, and still not shut down - scary, quiaff?)

Assuming you could fire the 2 ERPPC/AC5 combo three times, that is 105 damage. Worse case scenario for mine is 120 damage.

Not flexible enough. Someone is going to do it. Many someones, perhaps. Does not make it a smart way to build the mech.

Edit:

Plus, the HexaPPC stalkers were cute. I used to love running up to their faces, waving my arms around, then watch them overheat doing ziltcho damage to me. Then I shot their cockpits out. Glorious times!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 02 June 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#46 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 02 June 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

You could fit in an AC5, but that still only gains you 3 DHS. Barely viable ERPPC main guns at, what, 18 DHS on a Timber Wolf? And that is only if you forgo the S variant's jump jets. 35 damage over 30 is not worth it. :\

By comparison, mine with 22 DHS can fire both ERPPC between 4 and 7 times back to back depending on the map (hot vs cold), and can go from 99% heat to zero very rapidly allowing it to virtually reset its heat scale on demand. Oh, and mine has jump jets. And 4 SRM4 and an ERMLas. (And can alpha strike twice, followed by the quad SRM4+ERMLas once more, and still not shut down - scary, quiaff?)

Assuming you could fire the 2 ERPPC/AC5 combo three times, that is 105 damage. Worse case scenario for mine is 120 damage.

Not flexible enough. Someone is going to do it. Many someones, perhaps. Does not make it a smart way to build the mech.

Edit:

Plus, the HexaPPC stalkers were cute. I used to love running up to their faces, waving my arms around, then watch them overheat doing ziltcho damage to me. Then I shot their cockpits out. Glorious times!

But who said they would do it on a Timberwolf? :huh: I foresee many breaking builds on the Dire Wolf.. :ph34r:

I am very very interested in your double ERPPC build, but i would try to find a way to fit some LRMs on it.. So no JJs for sure.

Oh, i remember those times too :D

#47 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

Oh, I got you covered, CyclonerM. I believe I posted it under the code name "Harbinger." Throw away the BAP and you can grab yourself either an extra ton of LRM ammo or an additional DHS, but 2 ERPPC, 2 ERMLas, and 2 LRM10 is nothing to sneeze at!

#48 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 02 June 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

Oh, I got you covered, CyclonerM. I believe I posted it under the code name "Harbinger." Throw away the BAP and you can grab yourself either an extra ton of LRM ammo or an additional DHS, but 2 ERPPC, 2 ERMLas, and 2 LRM10 is nothing to sneeze at!

Quite sure i have seen it somewhere (Grand Council? :D ). Do not worry i will find a way to use effectively those 27.5 tons of pod space (more if i remove a few armor plates) :huh:

#49 Gabbatek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

waiting for a hero madcat. quite happy with my jester for now

#50 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostGabbatek, on 02 June 2014 - 07:57 AM, said:

waiting for a hero madcat. quite happy with my jester for now

Everyone would have bet on Aidan Pryde's Timberwolf but i am quite sure you can replicate it with a Timberwolf S..

#51 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 02 June 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

Why? Do you even know the in game stats for cLBX-20.

At the time of my posting the LBX was assumed to have slug/cluster rounds. And yes, I do believe I know the in-game stats: 20 damage, 360 meters optimal, 9 crit slots, 12 tons. Sarna is your friend.

#52 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

View Post101011, on 02 June 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

At the time of my posting the LBX was assumed to have slug/cluster rounds. And yes, I do believe I know the in-game stats: 20 damage, 360 meters optimal, 9 crit slots, 12 tons. Sarna is your friend.

What you don't know is how Paul will "normalize" it in line with the other ACs. If he decides to give it 5 DPS (the same as IS AC20) and a bigger spread than the current LBX10, then it will be inferior to IS AC20 anywhere beyond point blank range (<50meters?).

I truly hope we won't get single shot slug LBX20. Three of those on a Daishi would mean half a year of P2W.

Edited by Kmieciu, 02 June 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#53 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 02 June 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

What you don't know is how Paul will "normalize" it in line with the other ACs. If he decides to give it 5 DPS (the same as IS AC20) and a bigger spread than the current LBX10, then it will be inferior to IS AC20 anywhere beyond point blank range (<50meters?).

I truly hope we won't get single shot slug LBX20. Three of those on a Daishi would mean half a year of P2W.

Single Shot is already confirmed as being called the Clan AC/20. It should have identical stats, as it is only because of technical issues that it is not the same weapon. You cannot just look at half the weapon and declare it will be worse.

#54 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

Just done some quick maths, On top of my current c-bills earnings which i've been furiously farming (without premium time) i might add but mainly with hero's i would have to sell my fully kitted out Awesome 8Q and my Quickdraw 5K minus it's xl engine to earn 60% of the cost of a timber wolf, meaning i'm gonna have to sell two decent mechs which i've spent a bit of time on and spend a load more time P'ing the wife off being antisocial to just about afford one.

I cannot see how this is gonna make for an exciting game as if i have spent that much time and effort saving up for a timber wolf i'll be dropping in it every game (and this is even before the debatable clan/IS balancing is taken into account, i.e. if an IS mech was as expensive as 24+m C-bills i'd still do the same). And so i imagine will everyone else if they can afford one. This will turn Mechwarrior online into iconic clan mech online (most probably the TW).

P.G.I. if you read this (please) don't be silly and make the clans so outrageously expensive that it leaves no real choice but to use hard earned.

Edited by mad kat, 10 June 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#55 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:45 AM

View Postmad kat, on 10 June 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Just done some quick maths, On top of my current c-bills earnings which i've been furiously farming (without premium time) i might add but mainly with hero's i would have to sell my fully kitted out Awesome 8Q and my Quickdraw 5K minus it's xl engine to earn 60% of the cost of a timber wolf, meaning i'm gonna have to sell two decent mechs which i've spent a bit of time on and spend a load more time P'ing the wife off being antisocial to just about afford one.

I cannot see how this is gonna make for an exciting game as if i have spent that much time and effort saving up for a timber wolf i'll be dropping in it every game (and this is even before the debatable clan/IS balancing is taken into account, i.e. if an IS mech was as expensive as 24+m C-bills i'd still do the same). And so i imagine will everyone else if they can afford one. This will turn Mechwarrior online into iconic clan mech online (most probably the TW).

P.G.I. if you read this (please) don't be silly and make the clans so outrageously expensive that it leaves no real choice but to use hard earned.

Well, I can not stand the Timber Wolf, so I guess that means it will be iconic-Clan-'Mech-Online-except-for-that-one-weird-guy-over-in-the-corner-with-the-funny-looking-'Mech. I think I will call it ICMWOEFTOWGOITCWTFLM. Phew. That is a mouthful.

On a serious note, I know quite a few people who will not be playing the Timber Wolf, and of course, it looks as if Clan equipment will be pretty much useless in competition excepting the Dire Wolf and perhaps the Timber Wolf. Gotta min/max 'em all!

#56 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

Well, if only the Clan warriors could pay them less since they should have one assigned to them like the House players..

But then, everyone would jump to the Clan factions. After all, you can just buy a Timberwolf and switch back to Marik/Kurita/Steiner whatever... ^_^

#57 KStormRaven

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

I just hope the cbill prices are reasonable because I'm not spending any more real money on this game. If they had released all of the mechs a year or two ago then I would have been willing to pay for a couple of clan mechs, but not now given the current state of the game.

#58 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostKStormRaven, on 07 July 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

I just hope the cbill prices are reasonable because I'm not spending any more real money on this game. If they had released all of the mechs a year or two ago then I would have been willing to pay for a couple of clan mechs, but not now given the current state of the game.

Cool Story Bro.....^^ :)

They will not be cheap (compared to IS that is), but I don't see PGI making them impossible for the casual guy to get there hands on one. As stated already most of the IS mechs like the D-DC are much cheaper then they should and im sure PGI will stick with the trend and standards they have already used.

Like i have already stated, if they resell for over 4mill (t-wolf) then i can bet it will be 15 or 20 mill to purchase it, x3 and their ya go. Will be 50Mill plus to get 3 TBR's setup and ready to master!

Edited by DarthRevis, 08 July 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#59 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 08 July 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

Like i have already stated, if they resell for over 4mill (t-wolf) then i can bet it will be 15 or 20 mill to purchase it, x3 and their ya go. Will be 50Mill plus to get 3 TBR's setup and ready to master!

Now THAT would be fine. I hope in CW Clan warriors will have access to them at much cheaper prices as their Clan may own a factory producing it (even if most Omnies are quite common in thanks to trade and isorla).

One of my biggest fears is seeing almost all the Spheroids using Clan 'Mechs. I understand salvage and the rest, i understand the pain of dedicated IS warriors who love our OmniMechs but too much is too much.

Edited by CyclonerM, 08 July 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#60 Astral Esper

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 51 posts
  • LocationChaska, Minnesota

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 July 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

Now THAT would be fine. I hope in CW Clan warriors will have access to them at much cheaper prices as their Clan may own a factory producing it (even if most Omnies are quite common in thanks to trade and isorla).

One of my biggest fears is seeing almost all the Spheroids using Clan 'Mechs. I understand salvage and the rest, i understand the pain of dedicated IS warriors who love our OmniMechs but too much is too much.

I believe Paul said that their most likely approach to CW is players will be limited to IS mechs or Clan mechs based on their faction (no Clan mechs for IS players and vice versa). I'm guessing that means there will be 2 ques, Community Warfare (the important que) and Casual (for players that want to use mechs they can't use in CW).

From http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users