How Much Will The Clan Mechs Be In C-Bills?

69 replies to this topic

#61 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostVertex99, on 08 July 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

I believe Paul said that their most likely approach to CW is players will be limited to IS mechs or Clan mechs based on their faction (no Clan mechs for IS players and vice versa). I'm guessing that means there will be 2 ques, Community Warfare (the important que) and Casual (for players that want to use mechs they can't use in CW).

From http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1
Spoiler

Well, true, i forgot that very importat bit of info lol.

However IS players will be able to buy them for casual drops outside CW.. And it should be very expensive anyway for them to buy and maintain a Clan OmniMech. R&R would have played such an important and useful role.. A big meh is due here.

#62 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Well PGI. have answered the question.

They appear to be sticking with the Sarna prices as last nights Kit fox flash sale had them for 15% off mc prices at around 2000mc putting their real MC price at roughly 2400mc which would equate to short of 6 million cbills (IS heavy prices) and keeping it in line with whats listed on Sarna for a KFX prime.

So they will be expensive, eye wateringly expensive. You can buy an IS heavy or three whole lights for the price of one clan light. I for one cannot play this game anywhere near enough to stockpile cbills without playing exclusively with hero mechs on premium time (which i wont use on principle due to the countdown timer regardless of actual play time) and i feel this game deserves no more cash considering the clans don't actually seem that much more powerful and their builds are somewhat constricted due to armour, engine and heat sink locations (fair enough). That tells me that they are massively over priced.

Now don't get me wrong i actually like the clan mechs and i think they've done a superb job in balancing them but c'mon PGI your taking the proverbial.

Think i'll give up on my clansman aspirations that i've had sine MW2 due to this game and defect back to the dirty IS scum that appear to have better mechs (in terms of flexibility, modifcations and engines). Or a refund and uninstall due to them breaking the game for me.

Edited by mad kat, 09 July 2014 - 01:01 AM.

#63 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

View Postmad kat, on 08 July 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

They appear to be sticking with the Sarna prices as last nights Kit fox flash sale had them for 15% off mc prices at around 2000mc putting their real MC price at roughly 2400mc which would equate to short of 6 million cbills (IS heavy prices) and keeping it in line with whats listed on Sarna for a KFX prime.

So they will be expensive, eye wateringly expensive. You can buy an IS heavy or three whole lights for the price of one clan light. I for one cannot play this game anywhere near enough to stockpile cbills without playing exclusively with hero mechs on premium time (which i wont use on principle due to the countdown timer regardless of actual play time) and i feel this game deserves no more cash considering the clans don't actually seem that much more powerful and their builds are somewhat constricted due to armour, engine and heat sink locations (fair enough). That tells me that they are massively over priced.

Now don't get me wrong i actually like the clan mechs and i think they've done a superb job in balancing them but c'mon PGI your taking the proverbial.

Think i'll give up on my clansman aspirations that i've had sine MW2 due to this game and defect to the dirty IS scum that appear to have better mechs (in terms of flexibility, modifcations and engines). Or a refund and uninstall due to them breaking the game for me.

Well, the new UI is meh, and CW has been put back a couple years, and there's still no SLI support, but at least I'll be able to grind for a couple months straight to be able to afford a clan mech.

EDIT: wait, that sucks.

Edited by Postumus, 09 July 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#64 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

View Postmad kat, on 08 July 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

Think i'll give up on my clansman aspirations that i've had sine MW2 due to this game and defect back to the dirty IS scum that appear to have better mechs (in terms of flexibility, modifcations and engines). Or a refund and uninstall due to them breaking the game for me.

Really?

Not to sound rude, but i guess you work and have a family, because otherwise it is very easy to collect 6 millions. Besides, you could just sell some of your IS 'Mech and all the stockpiled weapons and equipment you would not use anymore.

The Kit Fox costs a million more than the TT, but the heavier 'Mechs will cost less (the DW should be 30 millions in TT, so i hear).

To be honest, it seems a fair price for a Clan OmniMech. Only the most dedicated Clansmen should have them anyway in my opinion (rather than any spheroid who wants cool Clan 'Mechs :angry: ).

#65 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 July 2014 - 01:17 AM, said:

Really?

Not to sound rude, but i guess you work and have a family, because otherwise it is very easy to collect 6 millions. Besides, you could just sell some of your IS 'Mech and all the stockpiled weapons and equipment you would not use anymore.

The Kit Fox costs a million more than the TT, but the heavier 'Mechs will cost less (the DW should be 30 millions in TT, so i hear).

To be honest, it seems a fair price for a Clan OmniMech. Only the most dedicated Clansmen should have them anyway in my opinion (rather than any spheroid who wants cool Clan 'Mechs :angry: ).

Yes you are of course correct but at a 50% hit in cbills, while not in itself unreasonable most of my IS mechs are worth more kept than sold considering the vast majority of them are fully upgraded and about half of them with xl's and upgrades are wasted when sold.

Edited by mad kat, 09 July 2014 - 01:28 AM.

#66 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

[color=#959595]Adder - 7,021,688 CB[/color]

[color=#959595]Dire Wolf - 29,350,000 CB[/color]

[color=#959595]Kit Fox - 5,368,837 CB[/color]

[color=#959595]Nova - 11,586,250 CB[/color]

[color=#959595]Stormcrow - 14,771,112 CB[/color]

[color=#959595]Summoner - 21,320,834 CB[/color]

[color=#959595]Timber Wolf - 24,233,124 CB[/color]

[color=#959595]Warhawk - 26,425,323 CB[/color]

[color=#959595]All prices are for the Prime variants.[/color]

I thought you were supposed to just keep milking the cow, not eat it?

#67 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

well i checked my inventory and it says my sell value for my mad cat tbr c and s (chassis only with out omnipod and module) about 4,790,979 c .. my atlas as7 rs resell value (chassis only) about 2,959,321 c..(i bought the atlas just over 9 mil c....might give u a rough idea

Edited by Kivatu, 24 July 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#68 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:24 AM

I've said it before and I'll prolly say it again, PGI needs to offer, to those of us who have been with them since Closed Beta (Sorry Open Beta people thems the breaks!), the option to have our current and archived C-Bills tallied, then converted to MC (I remember seeing Russ Bullock saying that 1 MC=about 2500 C-Bills), then that number converted into Real World money (I'm in the USA so Dollars) so as to see which Clan Mech Package MECHS AND MECHBAYS (not the extras like the WarHorn and badges etc etc) they would qualify for. The Downside would be you lose all the Inner Sphere mechs and mechbays you have, you go back to having 0 C-Bills and the GXP and Mech XP used on the IS Mechs is removed (but not any GXP you have 'banked'). I'm pretty sure there wont be alot of people doing this and I'm not saying PGI needs to do it next patch either. With Kitfox becoming available in the 2nd Week of August (2 weeks from next week [since the 1st is friday] or since technically a week ends on Saturday this will be week 1 of August so next Tuesday the 5th?) and there cant possibly be another CBTer, thats still playing, that only has enough C-Bills to get that package, but for ease of inception grant the package on the day that mech goes on sale for C-Bills. (Im prolly the worst player [Hey Im a Black Sheep, we're your Drunken Dark Caste, you do not recognize we exist and we make do with funneling Black Market goods between you and the Spheroids and speak with contractions. Oh and have plenty of resources by taking our cut Off the Top on both sides of the conduit] and I have enough to get the StormCrow package! And would gladly give up what I have for it) It wont happen because not enough people will make enough noise for it to get PGI's attention, but I'm stupid so I still hope. :)

#69 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Figure I'll post the mathematically calculated prices, which were accurate for the Cute Fox and the Nova.

No TimberWolf will be over 16 Mil, and all of them are closer to 15 Mil, actually.

https://docs.google....RoSQ/edit#gid=0

#70 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

View Postvoodoolou kerensky, on 31 July 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

I've said it before and I'll prolly say it again, PGI needs to offer, to those of us who have been with them since Closed Beta (Sorry Open Beta people thems the breaks!), the option to have our current and archived C-Bills tallied, then converted to MC (I remember seeing Russ Bullock saying that 1 MC=about 2500 C-Bills), then that number converted into Real World money (I'm in the USA so Dollars) so as to see which Clan Mech Package MECHS AND MECHBAYS (not the extras like the WarHorn and badges etc etc) they would qualify for. The Downside would be you lose all the Inner Sphere mechs and mechbays you have, you go back to having 0 C-Bills and the GXP and Mech XP used on the IS Mechs is removed (but not any GXP you have 'banked'). I'm pretty sure there wont be alot of people doing this and I'm not saying PGI needs to do it next patch either. With Kitfox becoming available in the 2nd Week of August (2 weeks from next week [since the 1st is friday] or since technically a week ends on Saturday this will be week 1 of August so next Tuesday the 5th?) and there cant possibly be another CBTer, thats still playing, that only has enough C-Bills to get that package, but for ease of inception grant the package on the day that mech goes on sale for C-Bills. (Im prolly the worst player [Hey Im a Black Sheep, we're your Drunken Dark Caste, you do not recognize we exist and we make do with funneling Black Market goods between you and the Spheroids and speak with contractions. Oh and have plenty of resources by taking our cut Off the Top on both sides of the conduit] and I have enough to get the StormCrow package! And would gladly give up what I have for it) It wont happen because not enough people will make enough noise for it to get PGI's attention, but I'm stupid so I still hope. B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users