How Much Will The Clan Mechs Be In C-Bills?

69 replies to this topic

#1 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

As above, ive allready established that to buy a clan mech with mc i need to re-mortgage my house, sell my last remaining kidney, sell the wife, the car, both bikes and both cats to get one (ok its not that bad). But it begs the question how much are they going to be when a year has rolled by the dustcloud has settled everyone is spamming lrm boats to combat the clanners ER weapons. Will i be able to buy a clan mech for cbills this side of the price of an atlas. I would not be in the least bit surprised if the clan mechs were twice the c-bill price of their IS equivilant?

#2 Smudge504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 101 posts
  • LocationNewcaslte Upon Tyne

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:12 AM

All of the prices are available on sarna, for a mad cat your looking at 26 million cbills, but the lighter mechs are around 5 mil

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

Edited by Smudge504, 26 May 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#3 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

Well they will be around TT C-Bill level, so you should have a look at sarna.

But they may go from between 5 (kit fox) -30Mio C-bills (Direwolf.)

#4 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:41 AM

Ouch looks like i may have to go mc for my cherished timber wolf. I supose it will remain to be seen how pgi will balance, sorry ****** up the balancing for the clan mechs.

Either way to get my loki and my timberwolf i'm gonna have to sell most of my garage and half my xl engines!

#5 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

This is nonsense. The Clans don't use C-Bills. You should be required to pay MC for the privilege of fighting in a trial of position, with Clan Mechs awarded accordingly. <_<

#6 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:18 AM

View PostGI Journalist, on 26 May 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

This is nonsense. The Clans don't use C-Bills. You should be required to pay MC for the privilege of fighting in a trial of position, with Clan Mechs awarded accordingly. <_<

thats why it is so expensive, you need to chang your C-Bills ino some ressource of value and then convince some blackmarket mercenaries to get the clan stuff for you.

#7 Cryptic Gamer

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 48 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:27 AM

For The benefit of anyone wanting a quick price guide. (If PGI use Sarna Pricing)

Adder - 7,021,688 CB

Dire Wolf - 29,350,000 CB

Kit Fox - 5,368,837 CB

Nova - 11,586,250 CB

Stormcrow - 14,771,112 CB

Summoner - 21,320,834 CB

Timber Wolf - 24,233,124 CB

Warhawk - 26,425,323 CB

All prices are for the Prime variants. Hope this saves some people a few mins of their day <_<

#8 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

View PostGrimmrog, on 26 May 2014 - 02:18 AM, said:

thats why it is so expensive, you need to chang your C-Bills ino some ressource of value and then convince some blackmarket mercenaries to get the clan stuff for you.

Say just PGI.. It is shorter (but not cheaper).

Edited by Sky Hawk, 26 May 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#9 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:06 AM

I think it would be absurd to follow canon for Clan 'mech prices. I don't think PGI would make anyone grind for that long to get a Clan 'mech that's going to be equal but different compared to the IS 'mechs in-game.

Besides, the XL-engined IS 'mechs cost millions of C-bills less than they do in canon. Look at the AS7-K, CTF-3D, and TBT-3M, for example.

#10 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

CBill prices in tabletop and MWO have been off. Look at the AS7-D for example. Expect heavy and assault Clan mechs to be cheaper than listed whereas the lights and mediums might be about right.

#11 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostCryptic Gamer, on 26 May 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

For The benefit of anyone wanting a quick price guide. (If PGI use Sarna Pricing)

I really hope they do not though. The mechs we will be buying will not be as good as the ones on Sarna.

#12 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Here is what I posted in another thread about the price of clan mechs:

The Sarna prices use the TT pricing model so the MWO pricing model will be lower for the following reasons:
  • MWO has flat pricing for engines. Engine price in TT was determined by the weight of the mech and the rating. For example the 300 engine in a Dragon cost less than the 300 engine in an Atlas.
  • TT had a straight 25% increase in price over non-omni mechs. PGI might decide that there is no reason for this since they are supposed to be balanced.
With those 2 things in mind, the Timberwolf will be less than 20mil. For a good example of how much a Timberwolf might cost, go to Smurphy's and customize an Orion with the largest XL engine, Endo, Ferro, and Double Heat sinks. That build comes to 15 million. Once you add in the weapons and ammo you can see the price is going to be in the high teens.

#13 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostVanillaG, on 26 May 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Here is what I posted in another thread about the price of clan mechs:

The Sarna prices use the TT pricing model so the MWO pricing model will be lower for the following reasons:
  • MWO has flat pricing for engines. Engine price in TT was determined by the weight of the mech and the rating. For example the 300 engine in a Dragon cost less than the 300 engine in an Atlas.
  • TT had a straight 25% increase in price over non-omni mechs. PGI might decide that there is no reason for this since they are supposed to be balanced.
With those 2 things in mind, the Timberwolf will be less than 20mil. For a good example of how much a Timberwolf might cost, go to Smurphy's and customize an Orion with the largest XL engine, Endo, Ferro, and Double Heat sinks. That build comes to 15 million. Once you add in the weapons and ammo you can see the price is going to be in the high teens.

Except, I expect clan weapons will be quite a bit more expensive than their IS counterparts.

It may not be ~25-26 mil cbills, however, I could easily see the Timber Wolf being into the low 20s.

#14 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostGyrok, on 26 May 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

Except, I expect clan weapons will be quite a bit more expensive than their IS counterparts.

It may not be ~25-26 mil cbills, however, I could easily see the Timber Wolf being into the low 20s.

Since Clan mechs will be made to be on-par with IS mechs, I do not.

#15 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostNathan K, on 26 May 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

LOL...that is the rhetoric...we will see what actually happens...somehow considering the balance posts I have seen, and knowing PGI, "balanced" is a very subjective word.

Define your version of balance for me...because I bet my interpretation is different than yours, and PGI's version of balance comes from some place where math is a foreign concept...

#16 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostGyrok, on 26 May 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

I think the weapons will be the same price as the IS weapons, the only thing is that their weapons will be the expensive versions. They only have access to ER/UAC/LBX versions of the weapons. There is no reason to make them more expensive if they are be balanced with the IS and not be a straight up power creep.

#17 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostNathan K, on 26 May 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

'Mechs, maybe. Weapons, no. Clan LBX-20 is far superior to the IS AC/20, hands down.

#18 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

If anything PGI has stated time and time again that IS and Clan will not be balanced. Even in their plan they state they will start with a 1IS Ton = 1 Clan Ton but know they will have to up the IS ton to achieve a balance in gameplay. That alone tells us that a Clan Mech will be superior if not the weapons. The difference is they have stated that a Clan Tech will take more skill to use, anyone can pick up an IS mech but it will take a skilled played to achieve more damage and the benefits of clan mechs. Without that skill it will come off as being worse than an IS mech.

#19 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

Especially if they go ahead and give us the option of switching between slug and cluster munitions for the Clan LB-X-series autocannons as has been suggested.

#20 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:49 PM

View Post101011, on 26 May 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

'Mechs, maybe. Weapons, no. Clan LBX-20 is far superior to the IS AC/20, hands down.

Not if they give it double the reload time + half the ammo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users