7 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

Atlas DDC, ammo explosion in right torso with 2 LBXs inside. Both right arm and right leg intact with armor still on them. I'd really like to know if LBXs are exploding like Gauss now and if that was a stealth fix that didn't get into patch notes.

#2 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

Did your right torso still have armor left or did you get side cored (assuming you had ammo in right torso, if not, no ideas here)?

Just a thought.

#3 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

I think we would have to know where your ammo is being stored before we can provide any farther suggestions. And if you "think" you don't have ammo there, double check. I don't know how many times I screamed (not literally... okay, maybe literally) at my screen saying I didn't have ammo in my CT. Only to double check some time later and find out somehow one ton of ammo got placed into the CT and was killing me... :P

#4 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

How do you KNOW there was an explosion in your right torso?

I'm not sure but I think the end-of-round screen only says "Cause of Death: Ammo Explosion" not where it happened.
With 2LBXs in the side you obviously can't have ammo there and it can't have anything to do with an XL-engine either so ... do you store ammo in the other sidetorso or your center torso and did that one go boom perhaps ?

If you think strange things are happening, screenshots and/or videos are helpful in finding out if it's a bug or just a misinterpretation.

Edited by Ironwithin, 27 May 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#5 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

View PostTesunie, on 27 May 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

I think we would have to know where your ammo is being stored before we can provide any farther suggestions. And if you "think" you don't have ammo there, double check. I don't know how many times I screamed (not literally... okay, maybe literally) at my screen saying I didn't have ammo in my CT. Only to double check some time later and find out somehow one ton of ammo got placed into the CT and was killing me... :)

View PostIronwithin, on 27 May 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

I'm not sure but I think the end-of-round screen only says "Cause of Death: Ammo Explosion" not where it happened.
With 2LBXs in the side you obviously can't have ammo there and it can't have anything to do with an XL-engine either so ... do you store ammo in the other sidetorso or your center torso and did that one go boom perhaps ?

Both legs and head. RT shot from behind with a lot of MG fire, both LBXs critted then boom, ammo explosion.
Also, I think its rather obvious that if I have 2LBXs in there they take all crit slots availiable in RT.
RT was still yellowish-orange when ammo explosion happened, so it was smth in it, damage didn't start to transfer into CT or anything like it.

I've already heard from people I know that gauss ammo explodes when it should not so I'm not really surprised. Crit system being borxed just like the rest of it ...

Also ... 1 ton of NARC ammo exploded in the arm of my A1 Cat the other day ... killed side torso and then center torso with a standart 280 engine as well. Go figure, NARC totally does so much damage.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 27 May 2014 - 11:39 PM.

#6 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

How do you KNOW there was an explosion in your right torso?

Because I am paying attention to my weapons list and my paperdoll while I'm being shot?

If you think strange things are happening, screenshots and/or videos are helpful in finding out if it's a bug or just a misinterpretation.

Sadly, wasn't FRAPSing that match and was so pissed I forgot to take a screenshot. I'll try to reproduce the bug when I play the DDC next time.

#7 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:02 AM

Maybe it's a weird new version of the mechlab bug that re-attaches stuff to your 'mech. Did you try taking the 2 LBXs out to see if something was stored "under" them ? The program should throw an error and invalidate the build in that case but maybe it doesn't for some reason ...

In any event, autocannons are not meant to explode. There was no mention of that being changed anywhere so it probably wasn't changed (at least on purpose). If it happens again and you've got some more info/proof just submit a support ticket as it would obviously be a bug.

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 27 May 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

Also ... 1 ton of NARC ammo exploded in the arm of my A1 Cat the other day ... killed side torso and then center torso with a standart 280 engine as well. Go figure, NARC totally does so much damage.

If you check out the ammo-list on smurfy (http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ scroll almost all the way down) you can see what ammo types do what kind of damage when exploding. The given number is per shot left in the ammo-box of that type. NARC ammo is listed with 2 points of damage per round so a full ton of NARC ammo would do 24 points of damage to your arm's internals.

It's not so much any warheads of the ammo exploding as it is the propellent of the ammunition cooking off (hence gauss ammo never exploding), the weapon-damage was just used as a guideline to get to those explosion-values.

Also: anyone claiming gauss ammo explodes is either a ) lying or b ) mistaking the gauss rifle explosion for an ammo explosion, wich is an easy mistake to make as it only says "Ammo Explosion" as cause of death when it should say "Gauss Rifle Explosion".

Edited by Ironwithin, 28 May 2014 - 02:04 AM.

#8 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 28 May 2014 - 02:02 AM, said:

Maybe it's a weird new version of the mechlab bug that re-attaches stuff to your 'mech. Did you try taking the 2 LBXs out to see if something was stored "under" them ? The program should throw an error and invalidate the build in that case but maybe it doesn't for some reason ...

Possible. Very unlikely tho, I'll check as soon as I get back to gaming PC.

In any event, autocannons are not meant to explode. There was no mention of that being changed anywhere so it probably wasn't changed (at least on purpose). If it happens again and you've got some more info/proof just submit a support ticket as it would obviously be a bug.

Thats why I've started a thread ... if I had my leg blown off or even armor srtipped on it I'd totally understand, just not a torso with nothing but 2 LBXs inside.

It's not so much any warheads of the ammo exploding as it is the propellent of the ammunition cooking off (hence gauss ammo never exploding), the weapon-damage was just used as a guideline to get to those explosion-values.

You know what? This actually makes sense.

Also: anyone claiming gauss ammo explodes is either a ) lying or b ) mistaking the gauss rifle explosion for an ammo explosion, wich is an easy mistake to make as it only says "Ammo Explosion" as cause of death when it should say "Gauss Rifle Explosion".

Pretty sure they do have a video. I'll need to ask. It was specifically tested by putting gauss ammo into a certain location and critting it with no other explosive components such as gauss rifles or other ammo types.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users