Hiding The Trial Mechs

110 replies to this topic

Poll: Hiding the TRIAL Mech's from view (547 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in a feature that allows you to hide the TRIAL Mechs from view?

1. Voted Yes (535 votes [97.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.63%

2. No (3 votes [0.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.55%

3. Don't Care (10 votes [1.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 DrM3CH

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

Just wanted to post some ideas here.
One is for Mech selection and the other is to ask you to move the Group Play Icon to the top.

Pretty Please with a cherry on top ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Spiritwalker_

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

I support BLR3M's idea.

I hope PGI will make it a reality

#43 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostBLR3M, on 15 July 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

One is for Mech selection and the other is to ask you to move the Group Play Icon to the top.

*nice images*

I'd call the section "Favorites" instead of "Selected Only" but apart from that i fully support your ideas!!!

Edited by Myke Pantera, 16 July 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#44 Quasinerdo

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

This thread needs bumping. The UI is cluttered and unintuitive. Too many barriers to smooth navigation or activities.

A nice start would be a simple change to filtering to allow trial mechs to be hidden.

#45 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostBLR3M, on 15 July 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

So much win right here. Make it so!

Posted Image

#46 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

Agreed, we need this feature. We shouldn't even have to ask for it, it's such an obvious poor UI decision.

#47 ollo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostNinthshadow, on 03 June 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

A check box to hide trial Mechs is more or less essential now.

Letting Trials have their own section in the dropdown menu (Owned, Purchasable, Trial) also works.

Beginning or 'free' players (4 Mechbays) are now going to three times more trials than real Mechs in their owned tab at the moment.

Please introduce this.

Perhaps they could also add a 'playable' filter to get the current view back. AND SAVE THE LAST CHOSEN OPTION OR LET US SET A DEFAULT, YOU 101 UI/UX DESIGNERS AT PGI!

#48 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

Very much yes!

#49 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostArcturious, on 17 July 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

Agreed, we need this feature. We shouldn't even have to ask for it, it's such an obvious poor UI decision.

Or it's an obvious F2P gamedesign decision. Think of them like ads. They are here to stay - I don't like it either but I tend to see the whole picture there. F2P design works totally different from common retail gamedesign...

#50 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

I support this. Let's keep the trial mechs in the Trial tab and out of our overview.

#51 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

If I 'own' them can I sell them? Can I modify them? Can I paint them? Can I..

U get my drift.. as you purchase trial mechs, they should be obliterated off the face of my mech lab! Stop annoying your paying customers!

View PostMotroid, on 19 July 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Or it's an obvious F2P gamedesign decision. Think of them like ads. They are here to stay - I don't like it either but I tend to see the whole picture there. F2P design works totally different from common retail gamedesign...

as you purchase trial mechs, they should be obliterated off the face of my mech lab!

Stop annoying your paying customers!

#52 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostMitsuragi, on 22 July 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

I support this. Let's keep the trial mechs in the Trial tab and out of our overview.

It's obvious why PGI is putting them up there.. MONEY. We've been complaining about these trial mechs long before we had to see 12 of them flood our mech bays and they had many opportunities to remove them with every patch that made adjustments to the filters.

Thankfully this game ISN'T play-to-win and these trial mechs are part of the reason for this (and no, Clan mechs aren't pay-to-win, they go down almost, if not just as easy as IS mechs). They can't straight out admit it but it's about MONEY. So we should probably get used to them. I don't know what else to suggest. A boycott of the game? My suggestion at least is close to a COMPROMISE.

Another suggestion I made long-ago was to grant the ability to filter out trial mechs once a player reaches the $150 payment mark. This shows that the user is a loyal fan of the game and doesn't need to be fed adverts to spend money. It also gives more incentive to give real money towards the game we all love.

Do you have any suggestions other than a tab/filter?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 July 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#53 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 22 July 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Do you have any suggestions other than a tab/filter?

My tags show I'm a top tier supporter of this game. That said I'm 100% willing to compromise. If they can't leave the page with the mechs I own (including those very same champions they're trialing) they could at least group them together at the top of the page so I can scroll past them.

Edited by Mitsuragi, 22 July 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#54 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

How about adding a "Playable" and "Trial" filters to mechlab. Playable = trial + owned.

"Playable" should be the default filter, so nothing is changed at the first glance and people will not get confused.

But once a player changes to "Owned" it should filter out Trial mechs and it should stay that way. Just like you can now set what game modes you want to play.

Edited by Kmieciu, 23 July 2014 - 02:50 AM.

#55 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 23 July 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

How about adding a "Playable" and "Trial" filters to mechlab. Playable = trial + owned.

"Playable" should be the default filter, so nothing is changed at the first glance and people will not get confused.

But once a player changes to "Owned" it should filter out Trial mechs and it should stay that way. Just like you can now set what game modes you want to play.

Everyone will just click on 'owned' the second they log in. PGI wants to have trial mechs blasted in your face as adverts ALL the time. The other solution of adding a filter once you hit a certain 'payment' amount is a better compromise.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 July 2014 - 05:37 AM.

#56 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 23 July 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Everyone will just click on 'owned' the second they log in. PGI wants to have trial mechs blasted in your face as adverts ALL the time. The other solution of adding a filter once you hit a certain 'donation' amount is a better compromise.

No. You give them too much credit. The trials show up because the person who designed the UI has little to none in-game experience. They really don't know what an average player needs. For example, until recently we couldn't easily swap modules between mechs. You might argue that it was done on purpose to make us buy multiple modules. But they gave us this functionality, eventually. The UI guy probably didn't even know people would want to swap modules between mechs.

#57 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

Trial mechs are a cancer to my mechlab.

#58 Styxx42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPeterborough Canada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:19 AM

I am tired of seeing all that junk on my screen.
Lets clean it up.

#59 Styxx42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPeterborough Canada

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 23 July 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Everyone will just click on 'owned' the second they log in. PGI wants to have trial mechs blasted in your face as adverts ALL the time. The other solution of adding a filter once you hit a certain 'donation' amount is a better compromise.

Donate my @ss, I have paid over 200 bucks, GET IT OUT OF MY FACE

#60 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 23 July 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

No. You give them too much credit. The trials show up because the person who designed the UI has little to none in-game experience. They really don't know what an average player needs. For example, until recently we couldn't easily swap modules between mechs. You might argue that it was done on purpose to make us buy multiple modules. But they gave us this functionality, eventually. The UI guy probably didn't even know people would want to swap modules between mechs.

You give them less credit than they are due.. how many threads have been open about this one specific topic of Trial Mechs clogging the bay? They know it's an issue, they can't be that obtuse.. can they? :P

View PostStyxx42, on 24 July 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

Donate my @ss, I have paid over 200 bucks, GET IT OUT OF MY FACE

By donation I mean buying their stuff. Obviously you've shown you are a loyal fan to the game and your $200 would be more than enough to wipe those mechs off your mech bay.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 24 July 2014 - 05:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users