Serving House Kurita

30 replies to this topic

#1 GunnyKintaro 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Atlas Hunters are on the planet of Asgard ..
This planet is under watch of The Atlas Hunters..
Careful where you tread .. We are here to serve The Great House Of Kurita
We Look Forward To Being Employed By This Fine House

Posted Image

Edited by AH Osprey 02, 03 June 2014 - 02:08 PM.

#2 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

In the early morning light our drop ship could be seen touching down... As the crowd watched some of the most feared pilots made land fall.... The bay doors opened only to show The Atlas Hunters unloading Their Mechs with marking not seen in ages..
All who knew the story of the Atlas Hunters Knew then and there that Hell had landed on Asgard.. There would be War as the likes that had not been seen in years ... These Masters of war where back and in force!!!

Posted Image

Edited by AH Osprey 02, 03 June 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#3 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

Have you secretly been taking pictures of my Kintaro again? ;)

God bless the 1st Ghost Regiment. My brothers and sisters since 2012.

Nice Griffin pic btw.

#4 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostSennin, on 03 June 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

Have you secretly been taking pictures of my Kintaro again? ;)

God bless the 1st Ghost Regiment. My brothers and sisters since 2012.

Nice Griffin pic btw.

well.... kind of .... lol !

We looking forward to fight at your side with the upcoming Clan Invasion

Edited by AH Osprey 02, 03 June 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#5 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

+++
Begin transmission
Comstar HPG txt file com.
Origin: Andurien, Free Worlds League space
Destination: AH compound Outreach
+++
I think I found him, he doesn’t look the same and you would never mistake him for a mech
pilot by watching him. Looks like he was burned pretty bad sometime. Doesn’t talk or
socialize much, but I will try and confirm his identity. Marik intelligence seems to have
put the affair to rest and I don’t think extraction will be a problem. Will confirm upon
departure.
Falcon
+++
End transmission
+++
Falcon carefully examined the dirty large man sitting in the corner drinking ale. He had
replayed all the possible scenario’s over in his head and didn’t see any other option than
the direct approach. Osprey had warned him what to expect if it was Dano and he felt
threatened. “He has a fight or fight reaction, he was always found of saying that if you
ran it just meant you got shot in the back”. Falcon got up and approached the man watching
his reactions, “Mind if I take a seat here?” Falcon asked, “It’s not against regulations
so help yourself.” the man replied back. “Not exactly friendly are you” Falcon commented,
“Doesn’t pay to be friendly or ask questions here, Marik take trouble makers on this
planet seriously and the best option is to work hard, follow the rules, and keep your head
down. I’m nothing but an agro-mech driver name of George. I don’t use drugs, need women,
or want to overthrow the government, so unless you really want to waste your time way
don’t you just ****** off.” Falcon looked at the man and said “Well that’s not quite what
I heard Dano.” The man seemed to freeze, his eyes narrowed, muscles bunching and Falcon
was wondering if he had made a big mistake with this approach when Dano seemed to all of
sudden just relax and lean back in his chair. “That’s not my name and if it’s the guy I
think it is he died 10 years ago.” Falcon stared at the man and said “Well if you’re not
him you’re his twin brother.” The man took a long swig from his ale and fixed Falcon with
a stare as cold as ice. “Ok, I used to be called Dano a long time ago, now I’m George
agro-mech driver. I don’t want any trouble and if you’re with the Marik secret police,
might as well shot me now, cause I got nothing to say.” “Whoa hold up there, I’m not with
the purple chicken intelligence, I’m with the Atlas Hunters” Falcon explained. Dano popped
forward like a big cat pouncing on his prey and said in a low hiss, “There are no Atlas
Hunters, they are either all dead or scattered throughout the known universe.” Falcon
looked him straight in the eyes and handed him the note that Osprey had told him to use if
it got dicey. Dano took the thin scrap of paper and carefully started to read it, his eyes
got misty for the briefest second and then he crumpled the note and looked straight back
at Falcon saying “OK, who are you and what do you want from me?” Falcon visibly relaxed
and said “First I want to verify you are who we think you are and secondly I want to get
you off of this dung heap.” Dano looked thoughtful and scratched his chin, “Well I can’t
say that leaving this sector of space would cause me any anguish, but why go to the
trouble of getting a broken down old agro-mech driver off planet.” Falcon leaned forward,
“Ironhawk and Osprey have established a base and are collecting all the survivors to
restablish the company. Payback is due in full and it’s time to start with accrued
interest. They are also trying to gather all the intel they can about exactly what
happened to Eagle.” Dano sat back and took a deep draught from his ale then looked Falcon
hard in the eyes, “Ok, I think I can help you on both accounts. If you can get me off this
rock with all my personal possessions, I’m yours. If you can’t, then I’m staying.” Falcon
looked relieved, the toughest part of this mission might just be over. “Ok, that doesn’t
sound too unreasonable, we’ll cover the details of the liftoff last, just tell me
everything you remember about Eagle.” Dano leaned back and got a hazy look in his eyes as
if he were reliving the entire event. “I was in Gungnir lance with my JM6-A and Osprey
leading, when everything went to hell. I had to yank the cord out of my IFF to get
lockon’s on those Liao ********. Corey went down hard when Liao sprang the trap on us his
Raven took multiple AC-20 hits in the cockpit and the mech just exploded. Their were 3
lances of the Liao traitors on us and I was pounding any mech around Osprey as hard as I
could with LRM’s trying to keep them unbalanced. I lost track of Tengu and thought he
might have got out but who knows. Osprey was in that butt ugly shadowhawk of his the one
with the AC-5 and AC-2. Looks like he welded everything but the kitchen sink on it.
Anyways, he was running between them popping everything that moved and I was thrumming
them with missiles every chance I got. I saw Osprey drop a Raven, a Cataphract and an
Atlas before it got too hot for me. They had taken notice and I had an Awesome, a
Cataphract and a Hunchies coming round to take me out. Osprey was legged by that time and
I lost all track of him. I was busy circling the Cataphract pounding him with streaks and
medium lasers and punching at the Awesome with the LRM’s every time he got outside 180
meters. I killed the Cataphract and the Awesome looked like his front armor was gone and I
thought Dano you might just make it outta here when hell light up my cockpit. The Hunchie
punched my back armor out and blew the engine, I hit the ejector and guess what.
Nothing…that’s right freaking nothing. My mech falls hard on it’s side and the cockpit is
starting to burst into flames. The door won’t open and I’m starting to burn. I must have
been screaming over the comms because the next thing I see is Eagle coming barreling
through those Liao mechs in that light of his. I see him run right past them taking a
beating and coming right at me with those lasers locking onto my cockpit. I thanked God
that I wouldn’t burn to death and my release would come from the skipper. He was a father
figure to all of us and when the chips hit the fan, we knew he would always be there to
bail our asses out. He fired and I closed my eyes, but he didn’t hit the cockpit, he
blasted the bottom of it out and was able to snuff out the bulk of the flames while giving
me an escape hole. I moved through that rupture like a greased pig and got up to look
right into the lasers of that oncoming Awesome. Hell I thought, maybe it was better in
that cockpit when the mech’s chest just seemed to explode. Skipper took him down while he
was licking his lips to smack me. After that I started running for the crop fields, found
a place to lie down and hide and watched Eagle make snacks outta 3 more mechs and then ran
off again towards the smoke. I was able to find a sympathetic farmer that took me in hid
me and nursed me back to health. I’ve been working for him as an agro-mech driver ever
since. “ Falcon just stared at Dano for a few seconds and then said “Wow that’s an amazing
story, I’m sure Osprey and Ironhawk will want to hear it firsthand.” Alright, I have a
dropship at the port and we’ve got trade goods and supplies loading. We’ll be lifting at
dawn, will you be there?” Dano looked at Falcon and smiled and said “You bet your wings on
that, here’s the manifest for my gear, I have a 65 ton agro-mech all packaged up and
waiting in a cheap warehouse, it’s been there for the last 10 years waiting for the right
ship to come in. I’ll see you bright and early in the morning.”

+++
Begin transmission
+++
Found him alive and well… will be departing at dawn…. He said to tell Osprey he’s coming
in and bringing Cupid with him….said you would know what he means.
Falcon
+++
End transmission
+++

#6 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Story from Ironhawk

I promised you this many times. Telling my story. This is probably a good time. Nightsky
is inspiring. Besides, you guys were so generous with the drinks on this fine night.

Where to start...? It's not that easy to bring back that history. Those memories. Some
really bad moments you see.

Being a Brighton-born who had serviced in the 2nd Battalion of St. Ives's 2nd for a time,
was enough for paranoid, nutcase Romano Liao's Government to become suspicious of the
Atlas Hunters as they grew more famous with each successful mission. Eagle suspected
Thunderbird's Davion history as the probable source of our arguments with our employers
but I had confirmation from intelligence that my activities during the St. Ives rebellion
had been uncovered. Didn't do much except work on new paint designs for a few units,
really. I knew there was somewhat of a buzz around them (after centuries of ill-revised
paintschemes) but most of my inspiration came from a guy named Hayden, who was reinventing
the art.

It was Osprey who spotted me and recruited me. I had heard of 'em Atlas Hunters. Some said
they took their name on planet Atlas as a small defending Merc unit against impossible
odds during a surprise raid. Some said they developed this technique against the Steiners'
Atlas 'Mechs to quickly disrupt enemy assault forces. Eagle liked how Osprey and I
completed and challenged each other on the battlefield. So back in those days we saved
each other's ass more times than you can count. Together with guys like Eagle, Pope Pain,
Thunderbird, Raven and the other brothers, we could break any defense line, and the cash
poured in.

It may have seemed odd to many but we were proud to support the weakened Capellans for
three years before everything went the way it went. I mean we were well aware that all of
those corrupt and power hungry politicians would abuse and distort the Korvin Doctrine to
bring the masses to submission, but otherwise the Capellan people were both resilient and
kind. Eagle and his Atlas Hunters always had a soft spot when it came to defending the
underdog. And the Capellan regions were a fine prey during those years. In the end though,
we were less tolerant about the Liao B.S.; our missions made less and less sense. Come to
think of it, Liao spies may have intercepted our comms with the Kuritans. Though T-bird
wanted us to go Fedcom, they had little interest in a smaller unit like ours. Plus the
Combine was paying handsomely those Mercs who would support 'em. Half of the team came
from the FRR and didn't care much which way we'd go. Our three year deal was about to end.
We had to make a move.

Our very last discussions with Capellan observers weren't pretty. We were so young and hot
blooded... Could be that they just wanted to provoke us in order to justify their next
move.

Then there was our darkest day...

I can remember but mere flashes from that day, except maybe for just a few details, still
vivid in my nightmares. And maybe some of it got distorted ovet time. Dunno for sure.
Anyway. Our two companies were riding their 'Mechs into that radioactive metal
transformation facility when our comms got scrambled. We knew radioactivity would screw up
detection systems somewhat but this... Solar flare? Plausible in the Andurien system but
this was too sudden. Liao ECM and channel disruption. Had to be...

We all tried to stick to the plan and take our respective positions. But it was just too
late. We got attacked from every angle by what must have beem a full battalion of CCAF
forces plus another couple of Merc unit companies hidden among the abundance of obstacles.

The first volley hit us the hardest. There must have been a thousand missiles coming from
all angles. In four volleys we lost what I estimate was close to a company of 'Mechs. We
were disorganized, some following Eagle's predefined contingency command under such
overpowering circumstances: flee. "If we are overrun, I am dead serious. You just retreat.
Save your merc butts. No paycheck, no matter what the amount, is worth certain death. I
mean, Men." But most of us became brothers more than mercs over the years. The last Atlas
Hunters would make a final stand.

Can't recall the whole thing like I said. But sheer individual talent expressed itself
that day. Raven and Pope must have decimated two enemy companies by themselves before we
lost 'em. I had lost sight of T-bird when I noticed those Liao colored lights and medium
were all coming for Eagle. Our Colonel didn't have his best 'Mech in this mission, for
which he planned to play a supporting, suppressive role. Osprey and I tried our best in
our twin Shadow Hawks, but it was two late. Two more volleys of missiles and focused enemy
fire took him down, despite our desperate attempt to protect him.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I saw the Eagle fall. The cockpit was in flames. I could
never shake that vision away, nor can I to this day. He was like a father to most of us.

Osprey was the first to react. I could picture him raging as he knocked down three Liao
Mediums in a row with his Shadow Hawk, followed I am sure by three of his famous "Sit
down!" claims.

It came naturally. I turned around. Protected his back. Took deep breaths. Osprey was hot
blooded with rage. There were twenty more enemy brawling 'Mechs coming our way in a single
push. I had to compensate for Osrpey's rage as he cleared the threat at close range. Keep
calm. Give way to aumakua. Then it struck me. I hit a conduit near a reservoir with an
AC20 shell. When Osprey turned around, he knew what I was going for. He was the one who
hit the pumps' batteries. Sparks went in all directions. The gaping conduit leak lit up
the entire reservoir in a fraction of a second. Just as the pushing force advanced in
range they were engulfed by a gargantuan deflagration. We only had to finsih each one as
they came out ablaze a couple at a time.

I thought for a moment we could win this. But a few minutes later the whole thing was
over. There was another company along with a line of Saladin tanks coming behind us to
finish off the both of us. Death Commandos.

It ain't a pretty sound. Myomer twisting and crying as if in pain while enemy weapons hit
your prized, armor deprived avatar.

Only flash I've got after ejecting was the enemy infantry rushing at me. I was shocked to
see my pistol's ammo was gone. They had planned this whole thing from within. Could see
Osprey far away still standing, using martial arts and knocking out the Liao infantry
soldiers with his bare hands. Then it all went dark.

I woke up in prison. Or was it hell? The tried to break me. To kill me. Slowly. My
tormentors starved me. Tortured me for no reason. Poisoned me. Beat me. Spit at me. Put me
work on to impossibly dangerous mining tasks. Passing out from pain became almost a habit.
So many times I thought I would not wake up. They said: "you no hawk, you cat with so many
lives." As they laughed I hated myself for hitting that eject button.

One day an official figure came. Military. Must have been somewhat important. Somewhat
weird and blunt, but fair. He said he called himself Adridos. He came to commission me to
a massive repaint program of some of the most emblematic Liao units. There was no pay of
course but I'd be fed at least. And away from these saddistic creeps even if I remained
day and night under heavy guard. For countless months, I spent sleepless hours designing
new schemes and training many paint crew members. It's only when you have to repaint an
entire 'Mech that you can appreciate its gigantic size. I was treated like **** by the
officers but nonetheless had fun with the crew.

One day, they brought in an Atlas. The feeling was instantaneous. It vibrated in my soul.
In my mind. It reminded me of who I was. The one single 'Mech that would terrorize the
battlefields throughout the Inner Sphere. The one single 'Mech I had been conditioned by
Eagle not to fear. Thanks to this new opportunity, I got to study it all in its intricate
details. Its strong points. Its weaknesses.

Oh how I hated it. Oh how I loved to hate it.

Some of my best repaint designs went into that beast for that reason. It symbolized the
only thing left in me. Keeping my soul alive. It was at that point I swore to myself I
would re-assemble any surviving brother, recruit new brothers and bring back the Atlas
Hunters back to life. And get revenge.

To be continued...

Posted Image

Edited by AH Osprey 02, 07 June 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#7 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

“Why oh why did Osprey have to send me to this hell hole on a supply run. It’s not bad enough that I’m out on the rim with a 3 week transit, but this planet has barely cooled enough to be habitable”, Albatross said to himself. He had been sent on a supply mission to acquire some heavy metals and other items that the Atlas Hunters needed to continue the repair and refit of all the mechs that were suddenly being acquired. It was great to see that the company was expanding and old Hunters long presumed dead were starting to trickle in, but the mechs were in sad shape and needed a lot of TLC. Everyone had to have secondary duties Osprey had told him and since you love tinkering with the mechs and Chief McDonald is complaining that you spend more time in the repair bays than in the cockpit it just seemed natural to put you in charge of maintenance and procurement.
“Damn no rest for the wicked I guess”, Albatross mumbled to himself. It had been a long day and he felt good that all the stores he could carry had been negotiated at a fair price and were being loaded on the drop ship. Hell with a little luck we could lift off in 48 hours he thought. Early the next morning Albatross remembered that Ironhawk had mentioned that if he had time, to check in with the local military and leave the data cube in case they might have need of any of the company’s services. Albatross was discussing the Atlas Hunters with a bored looking captain who kept repeating that they were perfectly capable of handling their own problems. “Look sir, we are not saying that you and your men aren’t capable. We are just offering our company as a resource if you get stretched thin, or need some kind of supplemental aid.” The captain was thinking about this when the general quarters alarms started sounding off. He jumped up and started heading off towards his CIC and motioned me to follow him. As we came in to the crowded darkened room it became evident that a raid was underway. An unknown dropship was making it’s landing near one of the metal ore refinery stations. Captain Danko looked at me and said that he had more mechs than qualified pilots and would I consider assisting as a means of evaluating the Atlas Hunters as an outsourcing probability. “Sounds like a win-win to me Captain.” He quickly took me down to the mech bays asking what type of mech I was qualified in. I had no sooner told him a Jager when he sent me to mech bay 6 and the Jager there. I worried about the neurohelmet interface but there really wasn’t any choice. I climbed in and started out with the rest of the garrison. It took me longer than I thought to get semi acclimated to the neuro helmet and the rest of the lances had left me far behind. I could hear from there chatter that they were engaging the enemy in the volcano crater used for the metals smelting and since It was crowded there decided to go around the north side to make sure we didn’t get flanked. Suddenly in the low light my hud light up with the silhouette of a Spider. I must have surprised him as much as myself and instantly fired an alpha strike at him. “What the hell” I yelled as the entire Jager rocked and the Spider’s left arm blew off. I looked down to see that this Jager was packing an AC20 and 2 ER Large Lasers and in a hot volcanic world what were they thinking. I also noticed that it had been equipped with a cool shot….sissy juice to Osprey but I was damn glad it was there. The Spider ran for a few meters, stopped and fired off his Large laser…opps somebody forgot to tell him that when you lose heatsinks in a volcano that kind of laser is a no no. He shut down…”Looks like mother decided to leave me a gift” as I unloaded another AC20 round at point blank range and just watched the Spider explode…”won’t be much salvage there”. I kept going around the crater as my HUD started to spot enemy blips. I came to the ramp leading up and could see at least 2 blips on my radar. Oh well from the sounds of it the garrison was getting hammered pretty good, so up I went. “Oh love the gods of war are happy with me today” there in front of me was a Hunchback and a Wolverine pounding on the garrison and ignoring me. I closed to point blank and stagger fired the AC20 and lasers into the back of the Hunchie…..and he just stood there….again after the reload I fired and he went down hard. The Wolverine was still so occupied that he didn’t pay any attention. After my weapons cycled I again fired point blank into his back. He must have been smarter than his buddy because he turned around to face me…opps too late weapons are cycled. AC20 and two lasers for lunch buddy coming right up. While this hurt him it didn’t kill him and he tries to run and mother must have sucker punched him because he runs straight into a beam support. “Sorry buddy, but here comes desert….” Wham…the wolverine goes down hard.. All right I check my mech, almost no damage and ammo is still good. I could hear the garrison mechs in the crater shouting and heard the sounds of a fight still going on. Just when I decided to see if I could help a Commando comes zipping up in front of me, and then immediately swerves and launches himself down one of the lava slides….oh well can’t get them all I was thinking…well maybe I can as a Jester runs out of the crater and into me….opps alpha shot no time for staggering anything here. He must not have liked that as he jump jets over me…I follow him around and hit him again as he lands…my heat alarms are now screaming and I don’t know what this pilot is gonna do…I punch the sissy juice and am instantly relieved as the Jester starts hightailing it down the ramp as my temp levels plunge. I now start stagger firing into his back…tough mech here, takes me 3 volleys for him to go down. I keep looking around and wondering where my back up is…where are the other mechs for this garrison, I don’t know what’s left but hell I’m only one mech…well an Atlas Hunter so maybe more than just one mech. Just then a Jenner decides he will pop me with his 4 medium lasers….ouch that hurt but man you are way too close. I fire the AC20 and then both lasers right after..he is hurt now and starts backing up to bug out. “I’m yelling at the hud cycle, cycle, damn you cycle”, mother must have thrown a banana peel down behind the Jenner since next thing he backs into the side of one of the mountains and gets stuck….my weapons lights go green and that’s all I want as I put another alpha into the Jenner…some of the garrison mech’s must have hurt him cause he just bellied over on that one….whew I might just get off this world alive. That’s when bam my Jager rocks like it’s been hit with a mountain…”Damn where did that Awesome come from”. I don’t have him locked on and I don’t know how much damage he’s taken but another hit like that and It won’t be good. I wheel and pop him with an AC20 round at the far end of optimum range and then……it gets quiet. That’s right quiet….the Awesome slowly starts to fall forward and down on the ground….my body is steaming from the temp inside the Jager and I must have sweated off 5 lbs. I open the comms link and start asking if there are any further orders. Captain Danko comes online and orders the garrison to regroup back at base and that salvage and rescue teams are on the way for the downed mechs. Back at the base as I start to get out of the cockpit, I stumble and feel light headed,”oh my god”, the headache starts. Never never get in a mech with a neuro helmet not tuned to your brain…oh this is going to be one miserable trip home. I end up stumbling and falling on my fat ass on the gangway… I remember thinking now this is embarrassing. When the medic’s rush up and start working on me…ok so I was a little dehydrated, but really sticking iv’s in me in the repair bay…now that’s a little much. They finally help me up and take me to sickbay…I’m complaining all the way that I don’t need to be treated like a baby, just give me some beer and a steak and I’ll be fine. Nope they won’t go for that says that it’s their ass if something happens to me after that battle. I have no ideal what they are talking about but fine, it’s easier to go with them then argue. Damn one thing you have to say about the Kuritians is that if you do stick your ass out they remember it. Next day I am summoned to the Colonel’s office… Colonel Hiro Yakutza…oh yeah this guy is definitely not someone to piss off. I remember my training and bow to him. We then discuss the battle, my plans on lifting off at 1800 and finally before he dismisses me, he hands me a data cube and a long package. He grins and shakes my hand telling me that I have fully acquitted myself in the finest ways of a Bushido warrior and that the gift is fitting for the occasion. Once I make it back to the dropship I examine the package, man a Kuritian sword and not a ceremonial one at that…guess I will have to start back with the Kendo training…that I am not looking forward to, oh the bruises. I then access the data cube and read it, man will Ironhawk be happy about this…seems we have just been given preferred vendor status in this quadrant with a 10% discount on supplies… Wow, mother Freya really did me right by this one. I have never taken down 6 mechs ever and for the best fighting day of my life to be at the aid of the Kuritians, hell maybe this will get me off of Osprey’s **** list….probably not, but one can hope.

#8 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Part One - Heartbreak Hotel

Nockatunga City Space Port
Nockatunga
Duchy of Tamarind
The Free Worlds League
August 20th, 3032

With eyes burning from a mixture of sweat, battlefield soot and tears, Adam Baines gazed across the scorched, hot tarmac, numb. The Rangers had been his family. He had grown up with them, broken break with them, laughed and joked with them. He had also graced a few fellow warriors with the presence of his fist on their jaws after a long night of playing Four-Card Drax with one to many Timbiqui Dark’s consumed. He had also cried and shared the pain of loss with the rag tag, but resourceful, bunch. Now, all he felt was numb. The Cols. Blood feud with the Dragoons is what brought him to this place today, this place of senseless death and loss. He shared the Col. Hatred of the Dragoons, as any long time member of the unit did, especially those with long family ties like himself, but he also loved his family and his home. This last debacle was too much to bear. Too much had been lost because of hatred. The Irregulars, who defeated them on the battle field today, were not even the Dragoons for God’s sake!

It was just a loose association and whispers of closer ties to the Dragoons, but nothing more, that drove the Col. to wage war on Cranston's Irregulars today. That old goat Cranston Snord had gotten the best of the Rangers too, him and that daughter of his, Rhonda, who just loved to blast music over the battle field from specially attached speakers on her mech as she picked his brothers and sisters apart. Someone had told him the music was from an ancient Terran musician named Elvis. As much as he wanted to hate it, he had to admit that it had a good beat and he could dance to it. He knew he would never forget the haunting words of one of the songs that she was blasting while taking his lance apart:

“You make me so lonely baby…..”

Davidson’s Jagermech shuddered under the first volley of LRM 20 fire from the Pink Highlander, and then crumbled to the ground face first in the muddy field. No Scream, no yell for help, just silence. Rhonda Snord Advanced.

“I get so lonely…..”

A sonic slug streaked across the battle field connecting with Clarkson’s already damaged leg, shearing the Thunderbolts leg clean off. The precision of the gauss round belied the speed at which she continued to advance.

“I get so lonely I could die”

Never had Adam realized you could see fear in the movement of a mech before today. But he saw it for sure in the gate and movement of Bill Harrison’s Dragon as the Highlander turned its attention on him. The mech stuttered to a halt and froze, the shoulders of the majestic Dragon slumping as if resigned to it’s fate. Snord did not hesitate, loosing the SRM 6 and pair of medium into an already exposed center torso. The way the Dragon suddenly jerked uncontrollably and fell to the ground it was clear the gryo had taken its final hit, destroying the innards of the old family heirloom.

The Highlander turn to Baines in his Blackjack, nick named Bomb Digity, and had almost seemed surprised that it was there. It was as if the Highlander had just remembered to take out the garbage after getting side tracked with pulling weeds out of the garden. During the previous volleys with his destroyed lance-mates, Baines had swung wide right of the altercation, trying to close the distance to bring his AC20 into its most effective range while trying to get to the Highlanders blind side. He thought the liberal use of his jumpjets would help him go undetected. Apparently it was not. He knew he had only a few more seconds before the gauss rifle was fully charged to fire again, so he charged. Counting in his head the amount of seconds since the gauss had last fire, Adam ignited a short burst of his jump jets just when he thought the Highlander could fire the weapon again, drifting up and slightly to the left. The timing was perfect as Rhonda Snord discharged the gauss rifle, with the slug missing wide right. Still gliding a bit, but slowly coming down, Adam was within 12 meters now. Using all of the concentration available to him after a long day of fighting, he fire the AC20 right into the center mass of the Highlander followed quickly by the trio of medium laser from his right arm and torso. As he landed all he could see was smoke a dust in the air; the Highlander could not be seen through the haze. As he smile in triumph, his attention turned to his lance mates searching from them on his sensors. That’s when the world itself seemed to come apart in a split second, as if the Norse God Thor had smashed his hammer into the planet, bringing darkness to Adam’s consciousness.

He did not know how long he had been out, but when he awoke, he was on his back in his mech’s command couch. His head was spinning with sharp pains as he battled to retain his consciousness. After a moment his hearing began to return, and was greeted with the wailing of cockpit sirens and emergency beeps. His cockpit was lit up like a pinball machine. He had never seen so many warning indicators flashing at once. There was a large crack in the cockpit glass that smoke was escaping from. It must have started to rain during the altercation that he had not noticed before, as water was dripping from the same crack in the glass into his cockpit. After a moment of composing himself and opening and shutting his jaw a few times (it felt like there was something loose in there) he checked the status of his mech: Engine online but severely damaged, Sensors destroyed. He retained the AC20 and one medium laser but the AC20 was not going to fire anytime soon as it showed as jammed. As his head scream in pain he wondered what the hell had happened?

Battlecam footage from his mech and other mysterious sources that he saw long after the battle, would show that after firing his AC20 and landing, the Highlander emerged from the smoke, striding the few meters between it and his Blackjack like some sort of Avenging menace while he was unaware, and in one fluid motion pulled back its left hand and arm and delivered the hammer blow of Thor, striking his right shoulder, with the follow through clipping his cockpit.

Slowly testing his balance and footing, he began the process or standing his mech up. He must have had some damage to his neurohelmet as he felt unstable and a wave of nausea swept through him. Fighting it with all of his strength, he finally stood the mech up: Face to face with a ragged pink Higlander and three of its friends; an Archer, Thunderbolt and Marauder. Adam stood there in defiance not moving an inch, but feeling too sick to do anything else. The Archer, slowly striding a few meters forward and to the front of the severely wounded Blackjack regarded it for a moment. Then, as if coming to a decision raised its right arm and nudged the mech slightly as if in a friendly acknowledgement between two warriors, of Adam’s presence and spirit. With no arms to return the gesture Adam nodded the torso of his mech slightly to the Archer, practically vomiting in the process with all of the neural feedback rushing to his brain, and in turn to the Highlander who did not seem to notice or care. With that the foursome turned and strode into the smoke, out of his sight. Yet he could still hear the drone of that ancient Terran music as they walked away.

“Well, since my baby left me,
I found a new place to dwell.
It’s down at the end of Lonely Street
at Heartbreak Hotel”

That’s where the Rangers had found him and the remains of his lance; Heartbreak Hotel, in the middle of some field adjacent to a forest. Clarkson got away with just breaking her right leg, mimicking her Thunderbolts lost right leg. Bill Harrison was ok, but all shook-up. Davidson was not so lucky. One of the LRMs that had struck him hit an apparently already damaged cockpit, killing him instantly.

Sitting back on the tarmac as Waco Rangers began to board the dropships to boost off planet, all Adam could remember was the pain Davidson’s wife had when told of his death in the battle, in a senseless battle that did not have to take place, and that only took place because of Col. Wayne Waco’s rage at losing a son to the Dragoon’s 15 years prior. A blood score that the Col., god love him, could not let go of and was slowly driving him insane and crazy. Adam loved the Waco Rangers. He loved his family. Yet he could no longer go down the same insane path the Col. had started down and was unlikely to turn away from. Yes, Adam Baines still deeply hated the Dragoon’s as that is what his father and mother (rest her soul) had drilled into him at a young age, but not at the cost of his family and sanity. He will watch the Dragoons, follow them and when the opportunity arises fight them tooth and nail with all of his soul, but he would not let them rob him of his sanity.

It was time to move on from this family, the one he had known for all of his life and shared every experience with. He could not bear to watch it disintegrate from the inside out. He did not want any part in perpetuating the insanity. There was no changing the Cols. mind. It was time for a change, to search for new employment and hopefully another family and home.

#9 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Sure would not mind owning this !
Posted Image

#10 Khatib McKenna

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

Hope you lost a bet or something... looking awfully Jade Falcon.

#11 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

lol yea kind of !!!! long story but your kind of on track !!!

#12 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

i really liked this pic thought id share
Posted Image

#13 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

The Shin Legion Would be Happy to Hire the Claner Thugs of the Atlas Hunters....

The Shin are just the type of Mech Scum who Hire Mercenaries like you...

#14 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

View PostDarth Buddha, on 25 July 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

The Shin Legion Would be Happy to Hire the Claner Thugs of the Atlas Hunters....

The Shin are just the type of Mech Scum who Hire Mercenaries like you...

Well that make's me feel better !!! lol

#15 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

View PostAH Osprey 02, on 03 June 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

+++
Begin transmission
+++
I think I found him, he doesn’t look the same and you would never mistake him for a mech
pilot by watching him. Looks like he was burned pretty bad sometime. Doesn’t talk or
socialize much, but I will try and confirm his identity. Marik intelligence seems to have
put the affair to rest and I don’t think extraction will be a problem. Will confirm upon
departure.
Falcon
+++
End transmission
+++
Falcon carefully examined the dirty large man sitting in the corner drinking ale. He had
replayed all the possible scenario’s over in his head and didn’t see any other option than
the direct approach. Osprey had warned him what to expect if it was Dano and he felt
threatened. “He has a fight or fight reaction, he was always found of saying that if you
ran it just meant you got shot in the back”. Falcon got up and approached the man watching
his reactions, “Mind if I take a seat here?” Falcon asked, “It’s not against regulations
so help yourself.” the man replied back. “Not exactly friendly are you” Falcon commented,
“Doesn’t pay to be friendly or ask questions here, Marik take trouble makers on this
planet seriously and the best option is to work hard, follow the rules, and keep your head
down. I’m nothing but an agro-mech driver name of George. I don’t use drugs, need women,
or want to overthrow the government, so unless you really want to waste your time way
don’t you just ****** off.” Falcon looked at the man and said “Well that’s not quite what
I heard Dano.” The man seemed to freeze, his eyes narrowed, muscles bunching and Falcon
was wondering if he had made a big mistake with this approach when Dano seemed to all of
sudden just relax and lean back in his chair. “That’s not my name and if it’s the guy I
think it is he died 10 years ago.” Falcon stared at the man and said “Well if you’re not
him you’re his twin brother.” The man took a long swig from his ale and fixed Falcon with
a stare as cold as ice. “Ok, I used to be called Dano a long time ago, now I’m George
agro-mech driver. I don’t want any trouble and if you’re with the Marik secret police,
might as well shot me now, cause I got nothing to say.” “Whoa hold up there, I’m not with
the purple chicken intelligence, I’m with the Atlas Hunters” Falcon explained. Dano popped
forward like a big cat pouncing on his prey and said in a low hiss, “There are no Atlas
Hunters, they are either all dead or scattered throughout the known universe.” Falcon
looked him straight in the eyes and handed him the note that Osprey had told him to use if
it got dicey. Dano took the thin scrap of paper and carefully started to read it, his eyes
got misty for the briefest second and then he crumpled the note and looked straight back
at Falcon saying “OK, who are you and what do you want from me?” Falcon visibly relaxed
and said “First I want to verify you are who we think you are and secondly I want to get
you off of this dung heap.” Dano looked thoughtful and scratched his chin, “Well I can’t
say that leaving this sector of space would cause me any anguish, but why go to the
trouble of getting a broken down old agro-mech driver off planet.” Falcon leaned forward,
“Ironhawk and Osprey have established a base and are collecting all the survivors to
restablish the company. Payback is due in full and it’s time to start with accrued
interest. They are also trying to gather all the intel they can about exactly what
happened to Eagle.” Dano sat back and took a deep draught from his ale then looked Falcon
hard in the eyes, “Ok, I think I can help you on both accounts. If you can get me off this
rock with all my personal possessions, I’m yours. If you can’t, then I’m staying.” Falcon
looked relieved, the toughest part of this mission might just be over. “Ok, that doesn’t
sound too unreasonable, we’ll cover the details of the liftoff last, just tell me
everything you remember about Eagle.” Dano leaned back and got a hazy look in his eyes as
if he were reliving the entire event. “I was in Gungnir lance with my JM6-A and Osprey
leading, when everything went to hell. I had to yank the cord out of my IFF to get
lockon’s on those Liao ********. Corey went down hard when Liao sprang the trap on us his
Raven took multiple AC-20 hits in the cockpit and the mech just exploded. Their were 3
lances of the Liao traitors on us and I was pounding any mech around Osprey as hard as I
could with LRM’s trying to keep them unbalanced. I lost track of Tengu and thought he
might have got out but who knows. Osprey was in that butt ugly shadowhawk of his the one
with the AC-5 and AC-2. Looks like he welded everything but the kitchen sink on it.
Anyways, he was running between them popping everything that moved and I was thrumming
them with missiles every chance I got. I saw Osprey drop a Raven, a Cataphract and an
Atlas before it got too hot for me. They had taken notice and I had an Awesome, a
Cataphract and a Hunchies coming round to take me out. Osprey was legged by that time and
I lost all track of him. I was busy circling the Cataphract pounding him with streaks and
medium lasers and punching at the Awesome with the LRM’s every time he got outside 180
meters. I killed the Cataphract and the Awesome looked like his front armor was gone and I
thought Dano you might just make it outta here when hell light up my cockpit. The Hunchie
punched my back armor out and blew the engine, I hit the ejector and guess what.
Nothing…that’s right freaking nothing. My mech falls hard on it’s side and the cockpit is
starting to burst into flames. The door won’t open and I’m starting to burn. I must have
been screaming over the comms because the next thing I see is Eagle coming barreling
through those Liao mechs in that light of his. I see him run right past them taking a
beating and coming right at me with those lasers locking onto my cockpit. I thanked God
that I wouldn’t burn to death and my release would come from the skipper. He was a father
figure to all of us and when the chips hit the fan, we knew he would always be there to
bail our asses out. He fired and I closed my eyes, but he didn’t hit the cockpit, he
blasted the bottom of it out and was able to snuff out the bulk of the flames while giving
me an escape hole. I moved through that rupture like a greased pig and got up to look
right into the lasers of that oncoming Awesome. Hell I thought, maybe it was better in
that cockpit when the mech’s chest just seemed to explode. Skipper took him down while he
was licking his lips to smack me. After that I started running for the crop fields, found
a place to lie down and hide and watched Eagle make snacks outta 3 more mechs and then ran
off again towards the smoke. I was able to find a sympathetic farmer that took me in hid
me and nursed me back to health. I’ve been working for him as an agro-mech driver ever
since. “ Falcon just stared at Dano for a few seconds and then said “Wow that’s an amazing
story, I’m sure Osprey and Ironhawk will want to hear it firsthand.” Alright, I have a
dropship at the port and we’ve got trade goods and supplies loading. We’ll be lifting at
dawn, will you be there?” Dano looked at Falcon and smiled and said “You bet your wings on
that, here’s the manifest for my gear, I have a 65 ton agro-mech all packaged up and
waiting in a cheap warehouse, it’s been there for the last 10 years waiting for the right
ship to come in. I’ll see you bright and early in the morning.”

+++
Begin transmission
+++
Found him alive and well… will be departing at dawn…. He said to tell Osprey he’s coming
in and bringing Cupid with him….said you would know what he means.
Falcon
+++
End transmission
+++

new up coming story !!!

#16 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostAH Osprey 02, on 03 June 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Atlas Hunters are on the planet of Asgard ..
This planet is under watch of The Atlas Hunters..
Careful where you tread .. We are here to serve The Great House Of Kurita
We Look Forward To Being Employed By This Fine House

Posted Image

#17 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

Here to stay
Posted Image

#18 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostAH Osprey 02, on 03 June 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

In the early morning light our drop ship could be seen touching down... As the crowd watched some of the most feared pilots made land fall.... The bay doors opened only to show The Atlas Hunters unloading Their Mechs with marking not seen in ages..
All who knew the story of the Atlas Hunters Knew then and there that Hell had landed on Asgard.. There would be War as the likes that had not been seen in years ... These Masters of war where back and in force!!!

Posted Image

Today we embark on a war that none have seen the likes of....

#19 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Where going to be having some knock down drag out fights tonight stop on in and run a few !!!!

#20 Artur Valour

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts
  • LocationTexas, Holy Terra

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

This is one of the greatest RP backstory threads of all time. You guys have done a great job. I can't wait to read the rest of them, and am looking forward to more!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users