Warhorn Sounds And Option To Turn Them Off

83 replies to this topic

Poll: Warhorn Sounds And Option To Turn Them Off (400 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the option to turn of the warhorns in the sound options?

1. Yes (269 votes [67.25%])

Percentage of vote: 67.25%

2. No (131 votes [32.75%])

Percentage of vote: 32.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Ac3

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:53 AM

View PostCarnageINC, on 10 June 2014 - 07:49 PM, said:

I can't stand the warhorns...and after watching this video posted by AveDominusNox on OutreachHPG it makes me hate them even worse.

PGI just put in a toggle for turning off this stuff for those who don't want to be drowned in it. Why wait and see?
http://www.reddit.co...arhorns/ci4dj52

Holy crap, my immersion! This is terrible. If there was a Solaris 7 mod, then I'd expect it, but this... is just a cluster-foxtrot.

#42 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:19 AM

i like my war horn, its really obnoxious, and I imagine its both annoying morale breaking when my opponents hear it fire two or three times in the span of 15 seconds.

#43 Ac3

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 25 June 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

i like my war horn, its really obnoxious, and I imagine its both annoying morale breaking when my opponents hear it fire two or three times in the span of 15 seconds.

From the video, it doesn't demoralize. It just annoys. It makes me feel like being in a basketball arean, not in the heat of a pitched battle. And as a player, I don't want to play a game that annoys me.

#44 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:53 AM

View PostAc3, on 25 June 2014 - 03:50 AM, said:

From the video, it doesn't demoralize. It just annoys. It makes me feel like being in a basketball arean, not in the heat of a pitched battle. And as a player, I don't want to play a game that annoys me.

probably shouldn't have given pgi money then :D

#45 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

Are they really this much of a problem still? I've only heard about two warhorns over 4 days of 2-4 hs/day of play. I hear they Heavy Metal's music more because of its range.

#46 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

I don't even own a warhorn and I can tell this is just a dumb idea. It is the same as saying delete all warhorns. What's the point of having warhorns that can't be heard? lol

#47 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:34 AM

Wow, so much hate! I'm amazed that there are so many people that dislike warhorns. What's up with that? I thought they were a neat addition to the game and way better than a lot of the other cockpit stuff.

#48 Aesthir

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

Please for the love of everything that is holy, let us turn these obnoxious noisemakers off. Easily the stupidest thing to happen to MWO. At least ghost heat had a purpose. Warhorns are designed to do nothing but be annoying. It's like the person who thought them up only put them in the game because it was to hard to animate mechs teabagging each other.

#49 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

Wow, so many haters!

I say thee nay! Listen to the sound of my mighty horn as I slay thee!

...And if you don't like it, up your game so that I can't kill you. :)

#50 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:01 AM

NO! If you dont want to hear it,dont pay for it, dont use it, dont install it, period

#51 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:06 AM

View PostAesthir, on 23 November 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

. It's like the person who thought them up only put them in the game because it was to hard to animate mechs teabagging each other.

I CALL BS!! Go play HAWKEN all kinds of mechs there, smother play over all speed/lag/opponents ARE where they seem to be, and oh yah, they DO teabag taunt in HAWKEN, and bow, and take a dump(dirty dog taunt) face my Rocketeer and watch me t-bag your corps over n over and pimp slap you like a noob, and drop holographic taunts too, so nope your wrong, obviously not too hard sence someone else did it with mechs loooong ago

#52 XtrimeZ

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Warhorns would be perfect in arena type maps.
Posted Image
(IF WE HAD ONE!)

#53 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostYakkSlapper, on 09 December 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

I CALL BS!! Go play HAWKEN all kinds of mechs there, smother play over all speed/lag/opponents ARE where they seem to be, and oh yah, they DO teabag taunt in HAWKEN, and bow, and take a dump(dirty dog taunt) face my Rocketeer and watch me t-bag your corps over n over and pimp slap you like a noob, and drop holographic taunts too, so nope your wrong, obviously not too hard sence someone else did it with mechs loooong ago

'Mech is short for BattleMech. Those things in Hawken are mechanized, but they aren't BattleMechs.

And no, Warhorns aren't annoying. They only have a 35 meter range, IIRC, and they limit the number that can be played with a few seconds of each other.

#54 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

Warhorns are annoying nonsense.

If somebody wants to hear his warhorn in his cockpit - okay. But this crap of forcing other people to hear them too breaks the atmosphere of the game.

#55 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:25 PM

Only 2 players need to hear the War Horns. The player doing the killing and the player who fell.

#56 Codestar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

No all players in the area need to hear it. The point is it draws attention for your team and the opposition that someone has just gone down. It boosts/decreases morale. Confirms my kill. Annoys the OP!

It gives away attacker position too. Snipers with ecm and warhorns! :D

Video audio above is fake. Warhorns fade the further away you are from the killing mech.

Lets have a poll for turning off camo or custom colours too as its the same thing. I don't like other players style!

If the horns are annoying you then they are working well! Solution don't get killed!

I would be wanting a refund if this option was even considered by PGI!

Cheers

Codestar

#57 Latorque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostSantos Villalobos, on 14 June 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

We're going to have a battlefield full of silly, 80s-style honks, toots, and sirens, not to mention pilots with helmeted pugs, Canadian flags, and ice cream sundaes on their instrument panel. This takes immersion and smashes its head against the fourth wall.

Yeah, but the whole cockpit decoration stuff isn't actively shoved in your face. You'll have to spectate; and if you don't like it switch to the next cockpit. Besides, i find it pretty likely that pilots would decorate their machines.

But the warhorns... Jeeesus. I don't throw a fit if i hear a slide whistle when going down; but this really breaks immersion; and i'm not even a massive BT fan. Why not go the whole way and let me play this on speakers ingame when running in my SDR?

Voted solidly "yes" for the button.

#58 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

I dont get it - you dont like warhorn sound - then didnt use it! Simple. Why make more useless options when its already can be done?... Other players warhorns? Who care about it? Its like make on/off option for every effect in a game - can be done but its useless and take too much time and work...

Edited by MGA121285, 22 January 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#59 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

While we're at it, why not add an option to remove camos from other mechs. It breaks my immersion seeing pink mechs running around. Everyone should be dull green like me!

I'm being sarcastic, if you can't tell.

#60 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

I personally hate war horns. they are just noise pollution to me and should be able to turn it off in the options.
the WH is for those that bought it.
its not for others that didn't buy it.
so why should those of us that don't want to hear that pollution be forced to?

hell we can turn off the annoying voip and that [sarcasm]is more important[/sarcasm] than WHs are so we should have an option to turn it off.

Edited by VinJade, 12 March 2015 - 05:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users