ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostKoniving, on 08 June 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

Price, repair costs, jam risks (it's impossible to accidentally jam an LB. The Ultra though accidentally going Ultra mode is another story entirely).
But going through them one by one, the main thing was heat.

yes, heat. The LB-10X and the LB20X both are 1 pt lower of heat. Of course the 2 and 5 are the same. So which would you want, 1 pt less heat, or capability to double your damage in emergencies for the same tonnage and less space?

#22 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 June 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

yes, heat. The LB-10X and the LB20X both are 1 pt lower of heat. Of course the 2 and 5 are the same. So which would you want, 1 pt less heat, or capability to double your damage in emergencies for the same tonnage and less space?
The heat, because the RNG has an "if user = Sephlock" clause that causes it to jam my ultras after the first (second) shot.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

View PostSephlock, on 08 June 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

The heat, because the RNG has an "if user = Sephlock" clause that causes it to jam my ultras after the first (second) shot.

yes, I did ask the Devs to nerf you that way. It's tied right you your ISP. :ph34r:

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 June 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#24 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

View PostSephlock, on 08 June 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Relevant:

#25 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 June 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Personally lower heat.
PGI's jam rate SUCKS!

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostKoniving, on 08 June 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Personally lower heat.
PGI's jam rate SUCKS!

stop riding the trigger? Never how UACs were meant to be used in the first place.

*BTW, howdy Russ, I see ya down there. Pull up a seat and grab some popcorn! :ph34r:

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 June 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#27 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 June 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

Relevant:

THANK YOU! I've been looking for that video!

#28 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 June 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

*BTW, howdy Russ, I see ya down there. Pull up a seat and grab some popcorn! :ph34r:

Posted Image

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 June 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

stop riding the trigger? Never how UACs were meant to be used in the first place.

I only have to push the UAC/5 button once to jam in game. That's no second fire or anything. It's because my button will sometimes register two clicks despite only one. So I'll jam...before I can fire 1 shot.

Then again because of this and the way the server takes clicks as shots before shots occur, watch this insane crap.

Triple shot UAC/5 in a single cooldown, on BOTH UAC/5s.

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 June 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

I do need one of those. Much more than I do a Clan Standard AC. (unless they IDK; have it fires solid slugs, like the IS "standard " one? Then make it slightly shorter range, or hotter or both to account for the lighter weight)

View PostKoniving, on 08 June 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

I only have to push the UAC/5 button once to jam in game. That's no second fire or anything. It's because my button will sometimes register two clicks despite only one. So I'll jam...before I can fire 1 shot.

Then again because of this and the way the server takes clicks as shots before shots occur, watch this insane crap.

Must be a first world problem, bro. Down here in Mexico, I almost never encounter that. (Of course, that assumes PGIs servers or ISP allow enough traffic at peak hours for me to log in at all, not a given for some reason since the Launch Module patch. And that assumes those times line up with when my local ISPs are cooperating. Headache.)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 June 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#31 Reitrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

Given how long it took teh Command Console to get (any) functionality, i can see why people might get upset about the placeholder nature of the "standard clan ACs"

But, If they just shipped us the clan LBs and Clan UACs without the ammo switching, we simply have no choice. Its jam risk or bust.

Personally, i understand the WHY of it, All we can do is sit back and hope as hard we can for them to fix the Ammo Switching as soon as humanly possible (and keep us as updated as possible on that progress).

PS: I'm aware the canon states "slug" for the LB ammo switching capacity, but if that slug just turns it into a clan version of our standard IS Autocannons (As they currently are 1 shell full damage), Then who would (in the current meta lol) use the UACs when you combine an almost laser like DoT effect AND the jam? They'd never use the cannister shot anyway.

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostReitrix, on 08 June 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Given how long it took teh Command Console to get (any) functionality, i can see why people might get upset about the placeholder nature of the "standard clan ACs"

But, If they just shipped us the clan LBs and Clan UACs without the ammo switching, we simply have no choice. Its jam risk or bust.

Personally, i understand the WHY of it, All we can do is sit back and hope as hard we can for them to fix the Ammo Switching as soon as humanly possible (and keep us as updated as possible on that progress).

PS: I'm aware the canon states "slug" for the LB ammo switching capacity, but if that slug just turns it into a clan version of our standard IS Autocannons (As they currently are 1 shell full damage), Then who would (in the current meta lol) use the UACs when you combine an almost laser like DoT effect AND the jam? They'd never use the cannister shot anyway.

you only should risk jam on double taps. (Yes I know there are occasional bugs on that). Thus you can use it just like a "standard" ac. Until you want a double tap.

#33 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

Why do we need Ammo Switching?

Wouldn't it be easier to code up Clan LBX to be two different weapons? Being you put one in the mech and on the Weapon Grouping Screen you get LB-X Cluster and LB-X Slug entries added each time. So one weapon, linked cooldowns, linked ammo but two different entries?

#34 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

Targeting computer is going to make the clan Ac's real nasty, especially with the crit booster and projectile speed increase. 40 point Poptart meta has been around too long and no one remembers the age of dakka fracts and jagers.

#35 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

I plan to get very drunk on the 17th. This will be a patch for the ages. Quad UAC10 anyone?

#36 Chuck B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 08 June 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

I plan to get very drunk on the 17th. This will be a patch for the ages. Quad UAC10 anyone?

Hehe Ya its probable going to be the best AC Direwolf build Im going to nick name them A-10 Dire-Hog. they will rip anything in front of them to shreds in under 15 seconds. it scares me more then the 6 UAC2 or 3UAC20 builds I've made. It is just more heat effective then the other options.

#37 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Glad to see 10+ years later and all we have is a shinier more expensive MW4.

Edited by majora incarnate, 08 June 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#38 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 08 June 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

You had better not. You need to be awake, since there is going to be a hotfix (possibly within 24 hours) that will nerf Ultra autocannons due to crying about impulse values.

#39 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostManDaisy, on 08 June 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Targeting computer is going to make the clan Ac's real nasty, especially with the crit booster and projectile speed increase. 40 point Poptart meta has been around too long and no one remembers the age of dakka fracts and jagers.

Would love to see how a level 7 targeting computer and lb-10x will stack

#40 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 June 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Re-read what was written. What we will have is LB-X and inferior UACs that actually take up more room. Both the standard and uac are using the same burst fire mechanic. Thus even as a "placeholder" it is useless.

For now. Now imagine being able to switch ammo types in game. That's going to be good. This is just a placeholder for the people that want it now for some reason. So why are you guys up in arms right now?

View Postmajora incarnate, on 08 June 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Glad to see 10+ years later and all we have is a shinier more expensive MW4.

We have pinpoint everything? Where is this game that you're playing?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users