#41 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 08 June 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

For now. Now imagine being able to switch ammo types in game. That's going to be good. This is just a placeholder for the people that want it now for some reason. So why are you guys up in arms right now?

Because PGI placeholders have this habit of turning into permanent features. Assault game mode, IS LBX, flamer that does nothing, NARC that was worthless until not that long ago, command console that's still a placeholder...

And just how bad do you have to be at your job to NOT have all the features of your money making latest cashgrab done by its release? If they couldn't get it done themselves, they should have outsourced it.

The beta days are long since over. Clan cashgrab is basically an expansion pack.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 08 June 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#42 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 08 June 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

For now. Now imagine being able to switch ammo types in game. That's going to be good. This is just a placeholder for the people that want it now for some reason. So why are you guys up in arms right now?

Is a placeholder without a place. It serves zero purpose. At best a waste of programming resources, at worst, a noob trap.

#43 Dymlos2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 June 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Because PGI placeholders have this habit of turning into permanent features. Assault game mode, IS LBX, flamer that does nothing, NARC that was worthless until not that long ago, command console that's still a placeholder...

And just how bad do you have to be at your job to NOT have all the features of your money making latest cashgrab done by its release? If they couldn't get it done themselves, they should have outsourced it.

And now they are working on a lot of stuff. Pretty sure they are working on LBX switching even so. I wouldn't care to just have LBX spread and UCs. We get it Vass you hate MWO and try to pick fun at it at every chance you get. (ala SC and HG forums)

Edited by Dymlos2003, 08 June 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#44 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 08 June 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

We have pinpoint everything? Where is this game that you're playing?

I really think I would have noticed if we had mw4s jus, too........

#45 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 June 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

Is a placeholder without a place. It serves zero purpose. At best a waste of programming resources, at worst, a noob trap.

Oh well. If people want ACs without the double tap. There you go. Also the might have different stats we just don't know.

#46 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 08 June 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

And now they are working on it. Pretty sure they are working on it even so. I wouldn't care to just have LBX spread and UCs. We get it Vass you hate MWO and try to pick fun at it at every chance you get. (ala SC and HG forums)

I don't think it's possible to hate a videogame. It's a videogame.

I find it hilarious that despite being gone for almost 9 months, all of you still remember me, and white knights like you have some kind of serious problem with me returning to posting.

#47 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 June 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

I find it hilarious that despite being gone for almost 9 months, all of you still remember me, and white knights like you have some kind of serious problem with me returning to posting.

Not really a white knight. Just hate when people spew the same nonsense just to get a rise out of people. I also just hate negativity, it's rather annoying. You kinda have a trait of being a [redacted] on forums when you don't like something so it sticks with people who remember your name.

Edited by Egomane, 09 June 2014 - 08:59 AM.
insults

#48 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,496 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 08 June 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

We have pinpoint everything? Where is this game that you're playing?

Well considering the dominate meta is jumptards (meta for MW4 was either jumptards, or green lasers of death depending on which play mode you went with) and no switching ammo, which you think the infrastructure code would be there considering Clans weren't known for their plethora of different ammo types, the IS were (complete with placeholders for different ammo types). Yeah, sooooo much different than MW4, except we have consumables, variants that are more expensive than the expansion packs were, ECM that neutralizes half of a weapon type......this is actually worse than MW4 was.

Back to the pinpoint topic, isn't that one of the major contention points with MWO right now, pinpoint alphas that also happen to jump?

Edited by majora incarnate, 08 June 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#49 Dymlos2003

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

View Postmajora incarnate, on 08 June 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Well considering the dominate meta is jumptards (meta for MW4 was either jumptards, or green lasers of death depending on which play mode you went with) and no switching ammo, which you think the infrastructure code would be there considering Clans weren't known for their plethora of different ammo types, the IS were (complete with placeholders for different ammo types). Yeah, sooooo much different than MW4, except we have consumables, variants that are more expensive than the expansion packs were, ECM that neutralizes half of a weapon types......this is actually worse than MW4 was.

Gotcha bro. Good day.

#50 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 08 June 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

Not really a white knight. Just hate when people spew the same nonsense just to get a rise out of people. I also just hate negativity, it's rather annoying. You kinda have a trait of being a [redacted] on forums when you don't like something so it sticks with people who remember your name.

Yes, I can see the clan news have been met with overwhelming praise and cheers, so there's absolutely no reason for anyone to be negative - especially with the news that PGI intends to launch with several key items in placeholder mode. People love placeholders in general, but mechwarrior veterans simply can't get enough of them.

Really, now. You'd think that if people shell out 200+ dollars for your product, you'd at least make sure all the stuff is in place, ESPECIALLY when you make bold claims and assurances that everything will be delivered by the release date.

Edited by Egomane, 09 June 2014 - 09:00 AM.
quote cleaned up

#51 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 June 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

We aren't exactly getting a lot of new blood here...

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 June 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

Yes, I can see the clan news have been met with overwhelming praise and cheers, so there's absolutely no reason for anyone to be negative - especially with the news that PGI intends to launch with several key items in placeholder mode. People love placeholders in general, but mechwarrior veterans simply can't get enough of them.

Posted Image

Really, now. You'd think that if people shell out 200+ dollars for your product, you'd at least make sure all the stuff is in place, ESPECIALLY when you make bold claims and assurances that everything will be delivered by the release date.

Source for pic!

#52 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

View PostSephlock, on 08 June 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

but I'm just certain we are getting all kinds of new blood! Why aren't the CoD, BF, Hawken, Titanfall and other twitchy kids all just lining up to play? Wasn't that the grand plan with going all MechAssault 3pV uberGundam?

Oh....you mean it didn't work??

Huh. Who'd a thunk....aside from the hundreds of MechWarrior veterans who had been warning the Devs we were a fringe game since the first days of closed beta, of course.................

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 June 2014 - 08:27 PM.

#53 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 June 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

but I'm just certain we are getting all kinds of new blood! Why aren't the CoD, BF, Hawken, Titanfall and other twitchy kids all just lining up to play? Wasn't that the grand plan with going all MechAssault 3pV uberGundam?

Oh....you mean it didn't work??

Huh. Who'd a thunk....aside from the hundreds of MechWarrior veterans who had been warning the Devs we were a fringe game since the first days of closed beta, of course.................

FWIW CoD and BF were so awful this year that it's more a matter of Hawken and Titanfall :ph34r:.

#54 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 08 June 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Oh well. If people want ACs without the double tap. There you go. Also the might have different stats we just don't know.

They do have different stats. 10 and 20 rated Clan ACs generate less heat. Bishop just doesn't value that over double tap because he wants this to be a problem.

In other news: features that you don't plan to use, yet require no additional effort to implement ruin te game!

#55 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 08 June 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

They do have different stats. 10 and 20 rated Clan ACs generate less heat. Bishop just doesn't value that over double tap because he wants this to be a problem.

In other news: features that you don't plan to use, yet require no additional effort to implement ruin te game!

OHMAHGERD!!!!!! The ac10 and 20 make less heat!!! WOOT!!! That makes it all make sense.
back to the underhive ya go.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 08 June 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#56 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostSephlock, on 08 June 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

FWIW CoD and BF were so awful this year that it's more a matter of Hawken and Titanfall :ph34r:.

Hawken is practically dead.

http://steamcharts.com/app/271290

View PostSephlock, on 08 June 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Source for pic!

Some random animu that I can't for the live of me remember the name of right now. You could google image search the picture.

#57 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 June 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Some random animu that I can't for the live of me remember the name of right now. You could google image search the picture.

Maybe just Titanfall then :ph34r:?

#58 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

Look, if Paul thinks it's a good idea, it must be. When has he ever been wrong?

#59 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

This had the potential to be a suitable placeholder. If they had just had the rounds be solid slugs. .

Ammo problem could have been improved by making two different LBX-AC for each class. . One cluster, one solid, like current IS ACs.

Same weight, same size, different output.
LBX-AC 20 (cluster)
LBX-AC 20 (slug)

Maybe it was a posting error? Please?

#60 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 June 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

Tineye couldn't find it :).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users