Mechwarrior: Living Legends Is Not Dead...

793 replies to this topic

#41 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 10 June 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Its dead. The average amount of players day is about 30 (I am on a lot). It has died.

it is more than a full server! It has not died. And even if it was, i would give it a try anyway.

#42 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Its dead. The average amount of players day is about 30 (I am on a lot). It has died.

Well it's not dead if you can still get on and have fun. I'd say it's...on life support. That's much more accurate. Besides, the purpose of this thread is to address that problem; I already have acknowledged that MW:LL has a very small population.

View PostMarack Drock, on 09 June 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

Umm OP I don't know if you noticed but in 8 days the Clans arrive, and sometime in August or September we get Community Warfare. I think you need to keep up to date with current events cause PGI has been doing a lot more delivering lately.

Don't get me wrong, I sincerely hope that community warfare is implemented successfully and, for once, on time; but forgive me if I've lost a bit of faith on that matter.

Edited by LogicalTightRope, 10 June 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#43 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

this topic is like an 80yo ****** try to score a john in winter...please, just pull your dignity back up to your waistline and go back inside where its warm mwll

#44 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

Technically that is not dead - though that is more than has ever been on when I have looked.

Personally I am still hoping to give it a try.

Had to laugh at the sharper learning curve comment from Logic up there though.
When I was starting on MWO, I got to listen to lots of "vets" screaming about how MW:LL had a better and smoother learning curve. How dare PGI shut then down and all that. :blink: :D

View PostMarack Drock, on 10 June 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

The game is dying even with its life support.

And talking about that is not really helping much.

Keep it positive! :(

#45 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Does MW:LL still require crysis to be played?

#46 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostExilyth, on 11 June 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Does MW:LL still require crysis to be played?

No, you can get the whole thing in one free package now. There are details elsewhere on how to do this, but I don't have a link handy.

#47 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostHeffay, on 11 June 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

No, you can get the whole thing in one free package now. There are details elsewhere on how to do this, but I don't have a link handy.

But i have! http://forum.mechliv...ic,19022.0.html

I played a battle today and there were about 10-12 players online, mostly new names ;)

#48 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 11 June 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

But i have! http://forum.mechliv...ic,19022.0.html

I played a battle today and there were about 10-12 players online, mostly new names :)

Ooh that's good! We just gotta be ready to introduce a few new people to the game and all will be well for a bit longer.

As for the game being dead...think of Counter Strike. Lots of people still play it despite the fact that it isn't getting any new major development. The community's contributions (like organizing teams and tournaments, as well as things like map design) can really make a game thrive. MW:LL has an admittedly very small community, but they are willing to do things like put together tournaments and introduce new players - not to mention, a decent amount of maps have been made by the community (although, currently, most of the played maps are indeed official maps, which there will be no more of). So it's not dead...or, if it is, it doesn't have to stay that way. I'm not asking for a community with the size and dedication of Counter Strike's; just for some new faces and for more ease in getting a good round in.

#49 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

I wonder what would happen if MWO staff and MWLL modders met and decided to work together obviously on MWO and make it the battletech game it should be, Im personally not disappointed really with the progress but I still feel as though PGI needs more passionate developers who want to take it all the way.

#50 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

View Postjaxjace, on 16 June 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

I wonder what would happen if MWO staff and MWLL modders met and decided to work together obviously on MWO and .......

Several of the MWLL crew are already working on MWO.

#51 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

View Postjaxjace, on 16 June 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

I wonder what would happen if MWO staff and MWLL modders met and decided to work together obviously on MWO...

Things would continue to take forever, because PGI is a professional studio with a publisher who demands quality control and checks and balances. That's what keeps things slow, not any incompetence on the part of PGI.

#52 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

I'm considering checking it out. Could be interesting or at least a little fun if nothing else.

#53 girl on fire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

What do you need to run MWLL? Crysis 2? anything else?

#54 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

Greetings all,

Reference requirements for playing MW:LL.

There is a one stop installer that installs everything you'll need to be able to play this game.
- It uses the beta version of Crysis Wars as it's method of getting the elements into the Mod.
- There are step by step install directions on the site as well as the links to download this mod of a game.
See here: http://mw-ll.org/

Once installed the 'key bindings' are probably the most difficult part of the entire process, but default setting will still work.
- There are setups for Mech's, Vtols. Aerospace, tracks/wheeled vehicles, and Battle armour.
- Again the defaults will still get you into playing the game.
- Always a good idea to print off the 'key board layout' for reference, but after a few uses it's much easer to operate elements.
- The HUD's are interesting for all the elements, and there's a fix at the site for the 'floating' reticle.
- For 'online' play you can see the servers running and how many players are in each server, pick a low ping location, join, see who's on each team, how much time is left on that game, look at the map rotation list,
and even just use the 'spectate' to watch battles in progress. (free float camera is great.)

Maps are 'outstanding' in there diversity and size, some 8km by 10km. With every type of environment and terrain you could ask for, even low gravity locations of a rotating asteroid. (goes from +120C to -120C numerous times during the fighting.)

You can watch some of the latest videos on youtube, look for version 0.7.1 for the newest releases.
Forum location: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/
Main site: http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 19 July 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#55 Jesoo_Creesto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Ok, here is some useful stuff I already posted in another MWLL-related thread that was closed:

>MWLL Installation guide<

MWLL arm lock - better keybindings

TS3 server for MWLL players

MWLL Performance Booster

MWLL Web Server Lists

The Chaos March

#56 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:08 AM

Starting this thread up again we are pushing for more players too join MWLL we have had a increase but we are looking for more I will be on Comstar Na1 if you want any details.

#57 SharpEye4XX

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:20 AM

Alright, I'll give it another shot.

#58 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:58 AM

Please visit na1.mech-connect.net Mech warrior living legends Recruitment for all the details you need I will be there too help you with any thing you may want too know.

#59 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:56 AM

we had 3 full servers yesterday with 24 24 and 24 playing and its up too us those who are interested too spread the word.

#60 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:27 AM

MW:LL can´t die, Marack, as your pessimism towards it produces a stasis-field protecting it ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users