Mechwarrior: Living Legends Is Not Dead...

793 replies to this topic

#61 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

Greetings all,

Tried my older install on MW:LL, still 0.7.1.
- Would not work as no connection to any servers.

Read the latest about the new servers and how to setup the IP's.
- But the game tells me I have 'modified' files?
- Re-downloaded the latest install, and will start over.
(I don't remember installing any 'modified' files, would the steadied reticle be the issue? Sucks to have to download all those maps again, and set up the controls.)

Any suggestions before I delete and reinstall?

Update:
After a quick talk with Kh0rn on Ts, and some simple additions to the server list,
- MW:LL is fully functional now. (again)
Thanks again for the fast guide, and allowing me to watch some match's in spectator mode.
- Why are we not seeing the level of detail (in MWO) and some unbelievable maps as MW:LL has shown?
- How can one Mod get the scale so right and MWO not be able to do the same in the same engine?
(just comments, no response is required.)

Just glad there are more routes into the BattleTech Timeline and gameplay now. Keep up the push to bring MW:LL deeper into the publics view.

Thanks,
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 29 March 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#62 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

9er please hop over too teh na1.mech-connect.net teamspeak there you will find all the details in the MWLL recruitment channel I will help you with getting the game back on simple fix since gamespy shut down their servers also give you the link for all the brand new community maps some being remakes of the classic ones as well as the MWLL team speak and chaos March event details.

Edited by Kh0rn, 29 March 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#63 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

Since the other thread was closed we will be using this one for all MWLL related stuff thank you.

#64 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

View Post9erRed, on 28 March 2015 - 08:40 AM, said:

Greetings all,

Tried my older install on MW:LL, still 0.7.1.
- Would not work as no connection to any servers.

Read the latest about the new servers and how to setup the IP's.
- But the game tells me I have 'modified' files?
- Re-downloaded the latest install, and will start over.
(I don't remember installing any 'modified' files, would the steadied reticle be the issue? Sucks to have to download all those maps again, and set up the controls.)

Any suggestions before I delete and reinstall?

Update:
After a quick talk with Kh0rn on Ts, and some simple additions to the server list,
- MW:LL is fully functional now. (again)
Thanks again for the fast guide, and allowing me to watch some match's in spectator mode.
- Why are we not seeing the level of detail (in MWO) and some unbelievable maps as MW:LL has shown?
- How can one Mod get the scale so right and MWO not be able to do the same in the same engine?
(just comments, no response is required.)

Just glad there are more routes into the BattleTech Timeline and gameplay now. Keep up the push to bring MW:LL deeper into the publics view.

Thanks,
9erRed

No problem Red and it is really easy and simple as he said just install add a few servers and poof you are away.

#65 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:48 AM

Do not forget this week end is the chaos march event.

#66 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:23 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 04 April 2015 - 03:48 AM, said:

Do not forget this week end is the chaos march event.

Could you explain that for people who haven't followed LL?

#67 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

Its a community based event that goes into much like MWO community warfare, battling for planets but goes into a lot more detail such as tech limits, drop assets, Some times pure tech battles or 3060-370 mix tech battles.

Battles from late last year its a 7 month long event. Fighting for control over planets

https://www.youtube....JiK0QRBXPwIo7qr

Edited by Kh0rn, 04 April 2015 - 09:01 AM.

#68 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:33 AM

http://imgur.com/a/iai0e Brand new screen shots of our games. Please take a look

#69 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 01:51 PM

[color=#959595]This is just too show some visual footage and screen shots from the MWLL game I will be updating this with newer screen shots of games and videos as time goes on feel free too ask any questions.[/color]

http://imgur.com/a/iai0e
[color=#959595]Today's battles across a desert landscape.[/color]

https://www.youtube....JiK0QRBXPwIo7qr

[color=#959595]Chaos march event battles.[/color]

[color=#959595]hope you guys enjoy the content from the MWLL community. [/color]

[color=#959595]// Moved it here since I forget that only one thread for this is allowed any way enjoy the stuffs more footage in time. [/color]

#70 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:22 AM

Posted Image

Pictures of various mechs across the wide open maps of MWLL.

#71 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:45 AM

This week end proved too be a massive collide of forces on MWLL huge 16v16 14v14 as the we battled for control over a planet.

Please check out this awesome vid including others from this week ends massive chaos march event.

#72 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:24 AM

I'll give it a try provided other non-Europeans do, too. My biggest gripe has always been North American players are hard to find. But, it's like that in other games, too. North Americans have bad taste in gaming.

#73 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 12 April 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

hey blastman don't know if you do but: North Americans make up the majority of the gaming industry. The difference is you need to know where to look. There are huge American units and such on this game, and were tons on MW:LL and I will bet that any online game you play a good 40% will all be American. Its not that we don't have bad taste (although we do hence CoD even existing still) but we hide away in our own groups because tons of American's have prejudice against foreigners (huge amounts to the point that many games have divided servers to keep us alone). You won't find many on MW:LL. As Khorn said they had a top out of like 60 players that week during the planet taking so your chances are about 1 in 15 that you will find an American as MW:LL was released all over the world (its online). As MW:LL has a tiny population keeping it going you will be hard pressed.

I dunno man. The stuff I really like to play... stuff like Elite, Freespace, Space Sims etc., and combat flight simulators like Falcon 4.0 BMS, Rise of Flight, Cliffs of Dover, DCS, etc. etc.--are ALL dominated by European players.

That's fine. I think they're great. But... they go to bed before I can get online to play versus them. And that sucks. Americans typically play boring crap like Call of Duty or games that are simplistic, whereas I find my tastes are better aligned with those overseas. Nothing I can do about it, either... Unless I want to move there... and I don't... and don't want to get into (the political reasons) why. :)

#74 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:02 AM

The MWLL American player base has spiked in the last 2 months thanks too the community streaming and posting videos. Lots of people have no idea about the game. So we just spreading the where abouts of it. I believe there are a good few American servers running on MWLL with a mix of EU servers as well. But yes the player pop is small but it is growing no where near MWO tho. So if you want any details

mwll.mwmaster.net

na1.mech-connect.net

teamspeak 3 my channel is on mech-connect.

new video showing off the weapon systems in MWLL sorry for not the best quality. a new video is on the way showing the worlds of MWLL.

#75 Nam Neckcrit

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:35 AM

I want to play as well! :( need more players! neeed need!

#76 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:16 AM

Brem if you would like too join you know where too find us. And we shall help you. But remember the way we get players is by mouth so if you have any one interest tell them and tell them too tell others and so on.

#77 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:42 PM

http://imgur.com/a/5dtn1 New screen shots done today on TSA- Sandblasted.

And TC_Mirage. http://imgur.com/a/eZ0TD

Edited by Kh0rn, 17 April 2015 - 02:05 PM.

#78 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:19 AM

New chaos march events matches up on youtube several well played matches.

#79 Randall Flagg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

I think more people currently play Starsiege than MW:LL and that game was released in 1999.

#80 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:08 PM

Yes infact you are right old but gold. Just too let you all know as well chaos march is taking place right now if you wanna join please head over.

Edited by Kh0rn, 26 April 2015 - 02:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users