* * * * * 1 votes

Clan Logo Poll

376 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan Logo Poll (2313 member(s) have cast votes)

Which series of Clan Logos would you prefer to see used?

1. Voted Classic / Traditional (Proposed) (1677 votes [72.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.53%

2. Voted Modern / Re-imagined (Current) (635 votes [27.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.47%

Vote

#41 Scoots

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

Torn...
Old Ghost Bear
New Jade Falcon
Old Wolf
New Smoke Jaguar

The new Ghost Bear and Wolf Logos look kinda too detailed and therefore out of style.
The new Jade Falcon is just awesome and the Smoke Jaguar doesn't look like a drawing of a five year old anymore.

#42 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

Why not both? But if I have to choose, I will take the classical logos.

Don't like the new Smoke Jaguar and Wolf logo.

Edited by Steve Pryde, 10 June 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#43 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

God that's difficult.

I feel the Smoke Jags and Ghost Bear emblems are better in the classic mold by the Jade Falcon and Wolf are better in the newer rendition.

It's too hard. I'm abstaining and leaving it to the actual clanners to decide.

#44 arcangelS7

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

Old vs New:
Clan Ghost Bear: The traditional one is so much better. There is much more constrast better the various elements preventing it from looking like generic blob. The stright angluar lines draw the eye to the center of the logo where the face is the focus, where as the modern one lacks a centeral element to focus on, making the upturned face look like a mistake.

Clan Jade Falcon: This one is a toss up for me. Both look very good. I love the curve of the left wing in the modern version, but I think I perfer the high constrast in the traditional version and the highlighting of the talons and beak.

Clan Wolf: Again, both version as fairly good, unfortunately I really dislike the placement of the eye in the modern version. I have had dogs pretty much all my life, and when a dog is snarling and ready to attack, it is looking forward not across toward the viewpoint in the image. If the eye was in the right position, my choice would be much harder.

Clan Smoke Jaguar: This is one case where the modern version is about 90% better. My only real objective is that the jaguar should have a smoky colour, not matte black.

My vote went for the traditional, but some of the modern version were ok.

#45 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
Make T Shirts please

#46 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

Voted classic for ghost bear alone. I am not a part of clan sneezing bear

#47 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

I actually like the older style on the Smoke Jag and Ghost Bear, but that Clan Jade Parrot needs to go die in a fire. I picked new set just because of that alone.

#48 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

View PostCimarb, on 10 June 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

That's a hard choice....

Love the Ghost Bear classic head - MUCH better than the overly tilted modern version - but I like the rest of the modern version better. Torn on my vote.

Clan Wolf classic is immensely better across the board. Higher contrast and the background smaller. Definitely a vote for "classic" there.

Clan Jade Falcon... My vote would be modern, just because the classic bird looks so... I want to say dumb but that sounds insulting... Maybe bland is a better word? I like the increased contrast on it, but I have always disliked how that bird looked... My vote would have to be for modern on this one.

Clan Smoke Jaguar modern is much better to me in general, but I do like the "smokey" color of the Jag in the classic version. Again, a little torn on this one, but I think my vote would be for the modern version.

That all being said, the only two that I would ever actually wear as a faction would be Wolf and Ghost Bear, so I have to disqualify CSJ and CJF from my voting. That makes it a toss up for CGB and "classic" for CW, making my vote have to go for "classic" this time.

Still love having a vote at all! Thanks PGI (and especially Dennis and crew, as I know having your art critiqued is VERY personal, no matter how much you try to make it not be).

My thoughts exactly. Voted for the redesigned classics. Thank you very much PGI for giving us this option.

Edited by Regulus1990, 10 June 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#49 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

View Postblacklp, on 10 June 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND
Make T Shirts please

Offtopic, but will never happen because PGI has no license to create physical goods, only virtual ones. But you can always print it out and go to a shirt shop for 10$. ^_^

#50 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

I doubted i would ever say it, but THANK YOU PGI! :P

The traditional ones are really as gorgeous as P.D. says.

Those are the emblems you should have gone with at the first time. Gives back to the game a bit of BT feeling indeed :D

View Postshad0w4life, on 10 June 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Clan wolf, honestly take the new logo, remove the eye and give it its classic Gilbert Gottfried face and I'd of liked it, maybe change banner colour as well as make stars 1 solid colour like before.

Than you might just pick the classic one.. :D

My only complaint is that the section with the stars is too small compared to the wolf but it is pretty minor ^_^

Edited by CyclonerM, 10 June 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#51 Lichas The Spartan

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 10 June 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

Voted classic for ghost bear alone. I am not a part of clan sneezing bear

same XD

#52 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Voted for the new ones, the Falcon and Jaguar are much better then their predecessors. The Bear is overall a better image, I just think its head needs a slight tilting downwards. The Wolf is the only one I prefer the original.

#53 Kragmore

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Redesigns of Ghost bear and Jade Falcon looks better imo.
The original Wolf head is far superior to the redesign.

And Smoke jaguar looks quite Meeeeh in both cases... would like to se a total revamp on that one.

#54 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

The CSJ is a design improvement over the classic, although the jaguar is black rather than smoke... as in smoke jaguar. The modernized ones otherwise all look cartoony, the jade falcon one reminds me of pokemon and I might see the ghost bear and star wolf in a kids cartoon. Not to say any of that art is bad, it just doesn't fit the style of mechwarrior.

Good art on all but the mild refresh fits the theme better for mechwarrior online.

#55 MightyBolamite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Don't get me wrong, Nikolai, I love the look of the new logos and the thought of the new logos.
I just feel that you didn't touch the Houses' so the Clan's shouldn't be either. It would just feel wrong.

#56 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

I love the new ones, but in terms of compatibility to being small in game, the classic designs are much better.
These designs have to translate well to 16x16px

#57 Calamus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Voted Classic.

#58 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

Classic all the way, 3 out 4 redesigns look inferior to classics. CJF thou have fabulous parrot and lost it sword somewhere on the way - yet best of the bunch. ^_^

#59 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

No school like the old school. Classic, if you please.

#60 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

I voted new, only because the new Jade Falcon is more detailed and 'poppy'. The others, well, I don't care about you, and Clan Wolf isn't smelling another wolf's rear, that would make it more realistic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users