* * * * * 1 votes

Clan Logo Poll

376 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan Logo Poll (2313 member(s) have cast votes)

Which series of Clan Logos would you prefer to see used?

1. Voted Classic / Traditional (Proposed) (1677 votes [72.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.53%

2. Voted Modern / Re-imagined (Current) (635 votes [27.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.47%

Vote

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Greetings MechWarriors,

As you may have previously heard, a hot debate grew out of the initial release of the Clan logos. We are happy to announce today that we have finalized a second batch of logos for your consideration.

The first column presents the proposed classic logos. The second column presents the current re-imagined emblems.

------------------Proposed----------------------------------------Current--------------------
-------------Classic / Traditional----------------------Modern / Re-imagined------------
Posted Image

While there are aesthetic benefits to each design, it is ultimately you MechWarriors who be wearing and seeing these colours in action: We leave it in your hands to decide whether we stand with the modern or the traditional design.

This poll will remain open until Monday 16th of June, 2014 6 PM PDT / 9 PM EDT,

Please note, in the circumstance that the Proposed design is the winner of this poll, be aware that release of the new design in-game has an ETA for the next available patch, and similar changes to in-game cockpit items included with the Clan Collections further down the line.

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Much better. A couple tweaks I think. Ghost Bear's paws need to be a tad larger, and wolf should have 5 stars behind it, not 6. Five is the Clans magic number. Otherwise a hell of a lot better.

*edit* My mistake. Wolf has 6 stars behind it.

Edited by CoffiNail, 10 June 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#3 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

That's a hard choice....

Love the Ghost Bear classic head - MUCH better than the overly tilted modern version - but I like the rest of the modern version better. Torn on my vote.

Clan Wolf classic is immensely better across the board. Higher contrast and the background smaller. Definitely a vote for "classic" there.

Clan Jade Falcon... My vote would be modern, just because the classic bird looks so... I want to say dumb but that sounds insulting... Maybe bland is a better word? I like the increased contrast on it, but I have always disliked how that bird looked... My vote would have to be for modern on this one.

Clan Smoke Jaguar modern is much better to me in general, but I do like the "smokey" color of the Jag in the classic version. Again, a little torn on this one, but I think my vote would be for the modern version.

That all being said, the only two that I would ever actually wear as a faction would be Wolf and Ghost Bear, so I have to disqualify CSJ and CJF from my voting. That makes it a toss up for CGB and "classic" for CW, making my vote have to go for "classic" this time.

Still love having a vote at all! Thanks PGI (and especially Dennis and crew, as I know having your art critiqued is VERY personal, no matter how much you try to make it not be).

Edited by Cimarb, 10 June 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#4 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

Honestly think the classic fit in better with current IS designs.

#5 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

Ideally, I would like to see the high contrast version as the in game logo (player icon and mech decal), but the high detail version on forum icon and any cockpit items...

#6 Kojin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Voted redesigns, but only really for the Jades and Jags. The 'Bears' new one needs a face abgle shift but otherwise is fine, but the Wolf's is what needs taking "back" more closer to the original.

I suspect your poll may be skewed due to the popularity of the Wolves opposed to the others, but the Jades might skew it back enough....

#7 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 10 June 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Much better. A couple tweaks I think. Ghost Bear's paws need to be a tad larger, and wolf should have 5 stars behind it, not 6. Five is the Clans magic number. Otherwise a hell of a lot better.

Wolf has always had 6 stars.

#8 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

IMO keep the new (current clan) and do updated versions of the IS too!

#9 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Voted!

#10 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

I wouldn't mind being able to keep the new falcon, ghost bear, and wolf. I think they look pretty alright. Old Smoke Jag all the way though.

#11 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

Classic. Thank you.

#12 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

Is there some virus spreading out or why is there this amount of community interaction at the moment?

#13 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Way to waste resources.

#14 NguTron

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

I was hoping we'd be able to vote individually on each one instead of all or nothing.

Because I like the new Jade Falcon, and decently like the changes for Ghost Bear, but I still really dislike the new Smoke Jaguar and prefer the old Wolf logo (though the new one isn't bad)

#15 GridIroN

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

I did not think this was going to be as hard a choice.

The new Ghost Bear symbol is terrible and makes me cry myself to sleep, but the others are a bit nicer than the classics when you put them side by side....and I was one of the people preaching not to change these flags... :/

#16 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

I like the old Jade Falcon, it signifies weak cowards quite well. New one was too good for them

Clan wolf, honestly take the new logo, remove the eye and give it its classic Gilbert Gottfried face and I'd of liked it, maybe change banner colour as well as make stars 1 solid colour like before.

New smoke Jaguar is worlds better than old, the old one was TERRIBLE.

Ghost bear meh.

Edited by shad0w4life, 10 June 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#17 mihali4

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 92 posts
  • LocationArdoz (GMT4)

Classic

#18 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Its 6. It has always been 6. It will always be 6.

#19 Demoncard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 138 posts

The reimagined Clan Wolf logo has more teeth than is canon.You can't fool us, PGI. We all know it only has two, one on the top row, and one on the bottom.

The proposed one's much better.

#20 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Actually the Clan Wolf logo has 6 stars. 5 for the pentagon worlds and 1 to represent Kerensky. Know your lore, Oathmaster.

Edited by Saber Avalon, 10 June 2014 - 11:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users