Post Your Usable Troll Builds

73 replies to this topic

#61 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

I prefer this: DWF-B Chain the UAC5s and just don't stop till you release the trigger.

Hell, you could even go this: DWF-B and tape the trigger down.
I reckon you could go damn near half the match before you run out of ammo.

#62 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

View PostOvion, on 04 September 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

I prefer this: DWF-B Chain the UAC5s and just don't stop till you release the trigger.

Well that one likely does more damage. As i said, mine was mainly designed as a "I shall have my Revenge!!!" build.

Though. surprisingly, it works rather well in terms of actually being useful to the team. (ive lost count of how many arms/legs ive blown off when ive caught people broadside.)

Edited by ShadowWard, 04 September 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#63 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

LOL-PPC Battlemaster (Sorry if someone has already provided). Works great for taking out 1, sometimes 2 if your heat management is lucky enemy mechs. Of course you can always chain fire it, if you want to do some damage before committing heat assisted kamikaze.

Demonstration:

#64 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostShadowWard, on 04 September 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

Well that one likely does more damage. As i said, mine was mainly designed as a "I shall have my Revenge!!!" build.

Though. surprisingly, it works rather well in terms of actually being useful to the team. (ive lost count of how many arms/legs ive blown off when ive caught people broadside.)
Yes and no.

Each 'shell' is basically an AC 1.6 (closer to the IS AC2 :P) and due to firing in a stream, the 5's are basically a massive endless AC2 on chain, with less weight and more ammo tons.

I do want to try an UAC2 build though.
Or better yet, an CLBX2 build! :D
I know what I'm doing next week!

#65 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

View PostOvion, on 04 September 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

I made the DW with 5 AC 5, its laods of fun to have a walking giant MG xD.

Also my nova

4 CERSL in each arm to chained fire. Thsi way you cna keep 2 beams cosntantly for a LONG time. and if you reahc heatcap, you can shut off one side and you can sustain one constant beam + slowly cooling down. usability is a bit on a borderline. But its loads of fun to hunt for lights who seem to panick by being udner cosntant laser + MG fire XD.CERSL laser + MG module5 of course. if they really implement RoF modules for wepaons, maybe this build will work with 3 CERSL per arm. then one mor ton can go to another heatsink. to increase the amount of time to spam 2 lasers constantly.

#66 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

Punch SHD-2D2.

Worked well before the clans came.

#67 Powerbomb256

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:28 PM

Steiner Scout Atlas. Same loadout as a normal hunchback, but in an Atlas with a standard 400 engine.

#68 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

This is surprisingly playable. I couldn't make it go slower to carry more ammo w/o running out of internal space though.

Hmm, it looks like a 235 xl would work actually.

AC 20 RVN-4x

Edited by terrycloth, 07 September 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#69 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

Introducing: The Flamer Flame

This is the thing you pull out when you just want to mess with everyone else. Set them on fire and watch as they try to outrun you. I've seen Timberwolves turning their backs on me and running away at full speed just to not get caught up by my flamers. Always fun to declare "Beware of the fire breathing Dragon!" into [All] and then actually getting at least one kill. Average damage has usually been around 150, due to me underestimating exponential heat from using 4 flamers at once for several seconds which has caused several badly timed shutdowns.

#70 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:31 AM

Your Stalker has too much ammo. What I mean is that Smurfy seems to have bugged out a bit for your build. You only have 13 critical slots allocated to "dynamic structure." Go ahead, count them. And notice that if you eliminate one ton of ammo, you still have 0 slots available. So you're over by one slot, which means you need to take one ton of ammo out in order for the build to be playable.

That being said, you also really shouldn't have all your ammo in one place. Especially in a side-torso on a Stalker. In case you weren't aware, PGI changed the way actuators work. They now count towards critical hits, meaning that legs and arms are now the safest places to store ammo, especially if they're carrying something else (weapons, heat sinks) as well. Here's a safer version of your Stalker build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...004acc2d8bae17d

Again, note that even though this only has four tons of ammo, you have not actually lost any. Your original build simply had more than it could carry, for whatever reason. Also, the arms may SEEM like a terrible place to put ammo, seeing as they only have two armor. But first, as noted before, they Shoulder and Upper Arm Actuator components actually now absorb critical hits, in addition to the enormous LRM-20. Second, Stalker's arms are rarely ever targeted. All shots will land on your side-torso. And third, even though the effect is rather minor considering you only have 2 armor, your arms get a 10% armor boost while the doors are closed.

At any rate, I ran a similar build a few times. At first I too used Artemis on it. It also had a BAP. Space concerns forced me into using single heat sinks, as well as a STD-100 engine. That's right, a 100. Smallest engine available in the game, on the biggest 'mech able to actually install it, making it the slowest possible mech in the game. Top speed: 21KPH, with Speed Tweak. So slow that it was literally incapable of reverse movement. If you hit reverse, it would simply stand still and moan :) Even so, it performed fairly decently, considering its major weaknesses in agility and durability.

After a while, though, I chose to remove Artemis. Although this does free up five more tons and slots for ammo, that wasn't the motivation. The motivation in removing it was that Artemis only provides a benefit if you have direct line-of-sight to the target. If you are firing at target locks provided by teammates, Artemis literally does nothing. It is dead weight in that situation. Seeing as the only situation in which this build would be facing enemies head-on is if something went dreadfully wrong, Artemis served no real purpose. So out it went. The upside is this allowed me to re-install DHS, as well as upgrade the engine and put in a bit more armor: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...30b95a3c2ad7cac Armor has a strong focus on the torso, as with yours, but even more so along the CT. The reason is that although the Stalker takes a lot of hits to its side-torsos from lasers and bullets, LRMs almost exclusively hit the CT. Since you'll ideally be playing this build from the rear lines, most of the damage you receive will probably be from LRMs(especially now that they're meta). So, your CT needs most of the armor. And yes, 1 point of armor for your head and rear torsos. If something - anything - gets behind you, you're dead anyway. That 1 point is just to keep the enemy from realizing you have no armor when they see your paperdoll.

#71 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

Now, this one's a troll build not so much in the sense that it's not viable. But it is an epic troll build in the sense of confusing and angering your enemies: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...02b221ac6d64e98

The four SRM-2s are meant to be chain fired. Run up into the enemy's face, and then run circles around them unleashing a non-stop barrage of missiles. This will knock their cockpit around, and your armor values will keep you alive. Twist to expose your left side, but once it's down, keep your right torso facing your target. You need to maintain DPS, and this is why the armor allocation is so wacky. I had one match in Caustic Valley, at the oil drilling base, where a Summoner and, I think, Warhawk were dancing with me. I took one down and almost got the other before his friends arrived, but it took a few minutes. During which I saw a chat line pop up: "HOW ARE YOU NOT DEAD" lol

#72 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

There's also this... thing: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9b2fca4d375827a
Lots of posts on this forum debating the merits of an XL400, and where (or even if) it can be used. Here you have a STANDARD 400 :D I don't actually own a Boar's Head, but I did manage to try this baby out on the test server when they had the new factory map going. Quite fun!

#73 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

And here you have the TROLLTANK: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=32&l=e11b68de0af3933032d31cd78dcb22414aa74a53
The two medium lasers are expendable, just something to give you a little extra damage and reach for as long as they last. The CT has a lower rear armor value than the STs because they will be sacrificed via twisting, but your front CT gets an armor boost since you're an Awesome. That means the 90 front armor actually becomes 99 front armor :) They'll assume you have an XL since you'll be going as faster than most heavies, and once they knock off an ST (preferably only after shooting your arm off first, use them!) and see you keep plugging away, without any threat of overheating, they may just become a teensy bit... frustrated.

Edited by Bloodweaver, 12 September 2014 - 07:13 AM.

#74 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:14 AM

I have the most fun in my A/C5 Huginn....

3x Mg's
1x A/C 5
No jj's tho.... <_<

and as much ammo as you can fit....I run I think 3 tonsA/C ammo and full armor (or close to).

Get a few kills here and there...I usually go for sneaky attacks and flanks try to find open back armor and crit torso's. Best game DMG wise was just going for Arms and Legs with the AC till armor is gone then MG's blow em off pretty quick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users