Clan Collection Package Details

72 replies to this topic

#21 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

also @80% on Social Reward, wow went up fast :| think we make 100% by tuesday :D?

#22 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 12 June 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

I'm just going to throw this out there... PGI, if you have some self-professed marketing expert working for you or on contract, find someone else to give you advice. This constant hide everything up to the last minute marketing scheme is probably hurting your bottom line.

Definitely not probably.

#23 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostBelorion, on 12 June 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Can you guys confirm that the Clan Mechs can only be used in CW drops by the clans?

No, because that's not the case at all. ANYONE can drop in a Clan Mech. Only Clan mechs, however, may use Clan Tech.

#24 falknir

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

So instead of giving clan collection buyers redeemable clan medal tokens for the hanging items they want like the Phoenix collections. They have to buy a specific clan collection of potentially greater cost to get one hanging medallion of their chosen faction...

Are "A La Carte" mech purchases coming with their chosen mech's badge as well since it would seem a bit silly not to?

#25 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

So they have already produced cockpit items with the inferior art clan logos? Why didn't they wait until the community approved classic refresh version? Wasted time, wasted effort.

#26 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

I wonder....will you be able to buy any of the War Horns with MC down the road?

#27 Mahrexen

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Too little to late information wise for me.

I already dropped $80 on this game, and wish I could refund about $20.

#28 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Nice teaser video. Enjoyed that.

#29 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 12 June 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

No, because that's not the case at all. ANYONE can drop in a Clan Mech. Only Clan mechs, however, may use Clan Tech.

Not according to Russ in this podcast:

http://www.nogutsnog...hp?topic=1847.0

around the 22 min mark

Edited by Belorion, 12 June 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#30 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostBelorion, on 12 June 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Not according to Russ in this podcast:

http://www.nogutsnog...hp?topic=1847.0

around the 22 min mark

Didn't say anything of the like, really grasping for straws. Was purely talking factions and said clanners would have to play clan mechs. I'd view that more as clanners viewing IS mechs as garbage/shameful to use.

Edited by shad0w4life, 12 June 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#31 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 12 June 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Didn't say anything of the like, really grasping for straws. Was purely talking factions and said clanners would have to play clan mechs. I'd view that more as clanners viewing IS mechs as garbage/shameful to use.

:lol: He is totally saying that the mechs played will be faction appropriate, and that if they balance 10 v 12 then that is where they will do it.

I transcribed it best I could:

Then of course there is the Greyed out factions tab, that is where Piranha will create the type of systems that you are talking about. Meaning that is where you go where you will have to be a Clanner if you are a Clanner, and play a clan mech, and you know visa versa if you are a Kurita or whoever, and get involved in those battles, and those situations with rules, and role playing. At that point we assume that if you are a player and click on the faction tab you will exist in those rules sets and know how to exist in those rule sets but we are not going to expect people to exist in those rule sets in public play.

Edited by Belorion, 12 June 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#32 CdtWeasel

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 12 June 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

So they have already produced cockpit items with the inferior art clan logos? Why didn't they wait until the community approved classic refresh version? Wasted time, wasted effort.

I am sure they made these around the same time as the avatar logos. They didn't know there would be a bunch of whiny fanboys asking for the old designs. If there was no outcry, there would be no wasted time.

#33 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Should be able to pick which clan badge you want. Just give more with each tier.

#34 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 12 June 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

because they were already created previous, to the poll and backlash

Also 100% social reward yay wub wub sonic boom :|

#35 Bad Haircut

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

Is there any info on the loyalty reward coffee cups? I know I should be getting a founders coffee cup but I'm interested in how do they decide who gets the clan faction logo cups.

#36 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 12 June 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

because they were already created previous, to the poll and backlash

And it gives something to those who liked the newer designs ;)

#37 Kooky Carter

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

I think it's weird that we are not able to choose which hanging medallions we get. Personally, I was hoping to choose 4 of Clan Jade Falcon - I can guarantee that I will not use the other three at all. I imagine it's frustrating for the Clan players.

Any chance we'll be able to choose which medallions we get like we did in Project Phoenix?

#38 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 12 June 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Starting from 20 minutes...

Paraphrased
"Pub(lic) matches, everything is mixed. There isn't any time to segregate it and you can't force someone in various ways. What we can't do is create another game so it won't be "Mechwarrior Online: Clans." It's a big mixup."
"Pub(lic)s are pub(lic)s. Private matches, you get whatever you want."
"Then there's the Faction tab. That's where you gotta go to have to be a Clanner and if you're a Clanner. If you're Kurita and teamed up with Kurita. Etc. That's where we'll have those factional rules."
"But we do not expect players to be forced under these rules in 'public play'."

#39 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

There are lots of people convinced it will be both ways... So someone will be upset at the end. I am taking the pod cast to mean the only people running clan mechs in cw are clanners... Therefor the clan pack isnt for me.

#40 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 12 June 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

A Warhorn is a mounted cockpit item that has a physicalrepresentation in your cockpit. When you destroy another Mech on thebattlefield, the Warhorn will sound to ALL NEARBY PLAYERS. The Heavy Metal HeroMech has a built-in Warhorn that is overridden with the sound of a mounted Warhorn.

Go to our SoundCloud playlist to hear all of the individualWarhorns! https://soundcloud.c...r-warhorn-sound

First off the Heavy Metal has like six externally mounted stadium sized speakers on it. So why are these dinky internal cockpit speakers going to be heard by all nearby players?

Secondly... if this is as annoying as I think it's going to be... I... I just don't know what to say other than there better be a way for us that don't want to hear them, not to hear them. If people want to hear those sounds, more power to them. However I already know I do not want that from my experience with the one singular Mech that does this right now. I can't even begin to imagine this on a larger scale with more varied sounds with any kind of positivity whatsoever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users