72 replies to this topic

#41 Hador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 12 June 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

First off the Heavy Metal has like six externally mounted stadium sized speakers on it. So why are these dinky internal cockpit speakers going to be heard by all nearby players?

Secondly... if this is as annoying as I think it's going to be... I... I just don't know what to say other than there better be a way for us that don't want to hear them, not to hear them. If people want to hear those sounds, more power to them. However I already know I do not want that from my experience with the one singular Mech that does this right now. I can't even begin to imagine this on a larger scale with more varied sounds with any kind of positivity whatsoever.

In several matches on the testserver I never heard it more than 2-3 times per match...and mostly I didn't even have time to listen because of Betty's warnings and shells and missiles impacting on my mech... :)

If the majority of the players really thinks them annoying, do you think that still all 24 will equip those speakers?

#42 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Yeah I didnt have time to complain about the Psychological warfare willst shooting and dodging Inc fire, people just like to assume the worse and complain just because someone said "the sky is falling"

#43 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

View PostSapstengel, on 12 June 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

Lol, well played PGI.
Exactly the module I wanted (Radar deprivation) and Warhorn I found least annoying (Sonic Boom) isn't included in the package.
Well played indeed.

YAAY, mindless entitled Whine FTW. *facepalm*

Sonic boom is a social reward and isn`t included "by default " in ANY of the packages, and the sale page makes that very clear and has since the `Horn was revealed.....

If not enough sell on time, nobody gets one, period.

Want to make sure you get it? Then buy more packs or get more people to buy packs.

Some people here really need to start the engine before flooring the accelerator :D

Edited by Zerberus, 13 June 2014 - 01:45 AM.

#44 mechbane

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

so much hate, ok I agree with everyone saying they should be able to choose the hanging cockpit items but all in all well done PGI the clan mechs are balanced enough for IS mechs to have a fighting chance, the warhorns are designed to be intimidating and annoying that's why its called "WARHORN" and not just a horn, if you don't want to hear it then don't equip it! or avoid getting owned by someone who has one, There is a faction tab on the drop menu, IE if you are in a clan faction (one of the new 4 factions) then you use a clan mech, if you are a IS faction then you use a IS mech, its not hard to understand people, if you just want to drop willy nilly then just do a standard public drop and drop in any mech you feel like. PGI have done a great job all in all on implementing clan mechs into an already established game, I can only imagine the balance problems they have over come.
BRING ON THE CLAN WARS!!!!!

#45 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 12 June 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

I'm just going to throw this out there... PGI, if you have some self-professed marketing expert working for you or on contract, find someone else to give you advice. This constant hide everything up to the last minute marketing scheme is probably hurting your bottom line.

I come from a marketing background myself and can only concur. It's practically suicidal chaps. You need to get someone else in on the job.

#46 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

View PostHador, on 12 June 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

If the majority of the players really thinks them annoying, do you think that still all 24 will equip those speakers?

I put mine on because I know its annoying; they are easier to overlook in the middle of a fight than I imagined but some are still pretty derpy.

#47 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostZerberus, on 13 June 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

Sonic boom is a social reward and isn`t included "by default " in ANY of the packages, and the sale page makes that very clear and has since the `Horn was revealed.....

Well we hit 100% on phase 4 last night - so everyone (who bought clan packs) is getting sonic boom now.

#48 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 13 June 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

Well we hit 100% on phase 4 last night - so everyone (who bought clan packs) is getting sonic boom now.

Man honestly the Sonic Boom horn looks awesome and meshes with the new Hud Interior on the Clan mechs but the sound is so god awful PGI GIVE US A REAL SONIC BOOM NOISE! :D

#49 Seregka971

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hurry already out!

#50 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

So, the radar deprivation module was only for Gold Mechs? LOL...

Looks like if you buy the Warhawk pkg for a mere $240, you get a great deal on the clan mechs, but all the useless modules...

*sigh* I guess there is always a catch...in that case, hope we get some ECM hardpoints available soon then...GG PGI.

Edited by Gyrok, 14 June 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#51 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostGyrok, on 14 June 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

So, the radar deprivation module was only for Gold Mechs? LOL...

Looks like if you buy the Warhawk pkg for a mere $240, you get a great deal on the clan mechs, but all the useless modules...

*sigh* I guess there is always a catch...in that case, hope we get some ECM hardpoints available soon then...GG PGI.

They put the Kit Fox C arm in. ECM and 3 AMS. They already solved the ECM problem by that evil little machine. Plus that module is available for 6 million Cbils for anyone ready to purchase it on Tuesday if you got the GXP to unlock it. So, GG to you good sir!

#52 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostBlue doqyn, on 14 June 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

They put the Kit Fox C arm in. ECM and 3 AMS. They already solved the ECM problem by that evil little machine. Plus that module is available for 6 million Cbils for anyone ready to purchase it on Tuesday if you got the GXP to unlock it. So, GG to you good sir!

Ahh...well good then...I was away on business during the public test, and so was unaware of what parts had been placed in, if any...

#53 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostGyrok, on 14 June 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

Ahh...well good then...I was away on business during the public test, and so was unaware of what parts had been placed in, if any...

Fear not. This package they are running is well worth every cent you put into it. The Clans are beautiful, the extras are solid and noticeable, but its FAR from pay to win since everyone will get them :)

#54 Demoncard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

How many shades of black paint do you own, and are you trembling with anticipation of an additional two that won't be much different from the clans?

#55 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

If there isn't a personal dedication on the "signed" digital concept art I will be really disappointed.
:)

#56 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Wait, so If i spent $55 on a mech a la carte, I don't even get the $30 icon and title?

#57 Nordmanne

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

I have a Question.

When i buy the 60 Dollar Blackhawk collection and after 2 days i buy the 120 Dollar Daishi Clan Collection. Do i upgrade the package from Blackhawk to Daishi and must pay 60 dollar or the full 120 Dollar?

#58 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

You only pay the extra $60. Think of each package is a 30$ increase. It should tell you that on the tab when you go to buy - they should say "OWNED" where you bought, and have adjusted prices going up.

View Postqki, on 17 June 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

Wait, so If i spent $55 on a mech a la carte, I don't even get the $30 icon and title?

And yes, because a la carte allowed you to buy out of sequence, those bonus's required you to spend a certain amount of money, so you could not just buy the warhawk and get the $240 bonuses at $55.

#59 IrishAce

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:25 AM

What up with the Web Site it not let me buy The Clan Collection I am trying to buy $240 pack I have try Internet Explorer and Google Chrome

Edited by IrishAce, 04 September 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#60 Angry Kylo Ren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 120 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:29 AM

THink they mentioned the clan package purchasing is down temporarily due to the server migration.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users