Invitation To House Kurita Units - Saturday Night Fun Drops With The Arkab Legions

16 replies to this topic

#1 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

Greetings to all our fellow House Kurita samurai and friends:

Since the advent of private lobbies, the Arkab Legions have been gathering regularly on our unit teamspeak server (ts3.arkablegions.com, no password for now) on Saturday nights (such as today!) for "fun drops", where teams are picked school ground style and then go at it!

We strongly encourage people to leave their "try hard" and "meta builds" at home for the night, and bring out some of the brawling/goofy/fun mechs that they haven't had a chance to play in quite some time.

Now, we are pleased to extend this opportunity to meet other House Kurita pilots (and if unaffiliated, check out the Arkab Legions, a non-competitive House Kurita unit, for potential membership) and foster the intra-House links that will stand us all in good stead in the future.

Plus, have a bunch of laughs, drink some beers, and have a good time! Posted Image

We typically start around 9pm, Eastern standard time (USA), or 6pm US/California.

So please, come and join us! If you have trouble logging into the server, please email arkab.legions@gmail.com

Thanks!
-Shahadet (Commanding Officer, Arkab Legions)

Edited by Shahadet, 14 June 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#2 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:33 AM

I work Saturdays unfortunately, Otherwise I'd be game.

#3 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

The 9th Sword should have some members there.

#4 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

Thanks 9th Sword for giving us Nights Scorn guys a heads up. We had quite a bit of fun last week.

#5 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

Sounds like fun but 9 PM EST is a bit late for us (3 AM CEST). But i wish you all much fun and kill some clans for me :D

#6 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:28 AM

Just a friendly bump - thanks to all the Kurita warriors and friends who showed up last weekend (we had 9th Sword, Ronin Legion and 3rd Dieron represent for sure, and I think some Night Scorn too?) We had 24+ players all having a great time, and have plenty more room on the server if others would like to drop by!

We will be hosting again this Saturday, June 21st, at 9pm EST.

Apologies to our European friends - we realized that this was a bad time for you all, but it seemed like evenings were better for many of the U.S. players, and 9pm est is the same as 6pm for the west coast U.S. players (of which we have quite a few in House Kurita it seems).

However, we have players (both U.S. and Europe, as well as other countries) on our TS pretty much all day long, every day of the week, so we welcome any House Kurita players to drop by ANY TIME, to join up and at least join a 4 man for the public queue, rather than PUG alone.

And if enough people are on the TS at any given time, they are always welcome to form up lobbies and have fun!

==========================

On a side note, if the various TS server maintainers for the various units could send me their unit icon .png files, we would be happy to put them on our server so that visitors may display their unit colors with pride while visiting (rather than the generic DCMS dragon symbol that we currently use for guests).

These can be emailed to arkab.legions@gmail.com

===============================

That is all for now - good night and hope to see many of you soon!

#7 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

Fun dropping with you guys today!

#8 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Bows

Sori I missed it this week, had a late arriver at work and took me too long to "get rid of them" (hehe)\

so not home till 8:30 pm (pst)

next week

Muskrat

#9 Terradj

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for the drops peeps, had a blast in the few I got in for.

#10 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

Apologies from the 3rd Takata, I didnt get the email till getting back from being away, and hence was unable to forward it on or remind other unit members.

#11 Khatib McKenna

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

Happens every Saturday at 9 PM EST, so feel free to stop by next weekend.

Thanks to the 9th Sword and Night's Scorn for the big turnout this weekend. Had some fun Arkab vs. 9th/NS matches and Clan vs. IS theme battles this past weekend. We even managed to have both of 12 man teams thoroughly stomp some random Clan Wolf team in between while trying to sync drop 12s over the public queue. Not sure the final score of the 9th/NS matchup against them but the Arkab won 12-0 in just over 7 minutes.

Glory to the Dragon!

#12 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

9pm Eastern is a bit of a time stretch for me presently but I will remind my unit members its available

#13 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

The usual weekly bump:

The Arkab Legions invite any interested House Kurita pilots and their friends to join us for our weekly Saturday night "Fun Lobby Drops/12 mans".

The "official" start time is 9pm EST, June 28th, 2014

However, we have people hanging out on the TS all day long on Saturdays, so I hope our European friends will take the opportunity to stop by in the morning and afternoon and have some fun lobby drops and meet some new people too!

We usually all collect on the TS, pick teams school-yard style, and then have at it!

Last week we had 36 pilots hanging out on the TS, doing drops, drinking beers, and having fun. Hopefully more will stop in tomorrow night! We run pretty late, so even if you get in late, swing by the TS and see if people are still playing - you may get a pleasant surprise!

TS address is "ts3.arkablegions.com" , no password is set.

Cheers and hope to see many of you soon!
-Shahadet (CO, Arkab Legions)

Edited by Shahadet, 27 June 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#14 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

The usual weekly bump:

The Arkab Legions invite any interested House Kurita pilots and their friends to join us for our weekly Saturday night "Fun Lobby Drops/12 mans".

The "official" start time is 9pm EST, July 5th, 2014 (for those wondering, EST is -4:00 GMT)

However, we have people hanging out on the TS all day long on Saturdays, so I hope our European friends will take the opportunity to stop by in the morning and afternoon and have some fun lobby drops and meet some new people too!

We usually all collect on the TS, pick teams school-yard style, and then have at it!

Last week we had 30+ pilots hanging out on the TS again - still looking to break the 40 mark!. Hopefully more will stop in tomorrow night! We run pretty late, so even if you get in late, swing by the TS and see if people are still playing - you may get a pleasant surprise!

p.s. I myself will be a little late, as I am participating on Team "Drunken Samurai,Hidden Dragon" in the BeerWarriors 4v4 tournament. Our team is an allied contingent of Arkab Legions and 9th Sword, so I hope all of House Kurita will cheer us on. You can watch it live (I hope!) at www.twitch.tv/shahadet (barring any technical difficulties). After our fight is over, I'll be on for the usual fun drops, either to exult in our tremendous victory, or needing to drink beer and blow mechs up to cover my sorrow at losing! LOL

#15 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

The usual weekly bump:

The "official" start time is 9pm EST, July12th, 2014 (for those wondering, EST is -4:00 GMT)

With the new matchmaker, people have just been piling into big groups and launching into the public queue, but I know many pilots still enjoy the Private Lobbies, so absolutely speak up and get a bunch of people to pick teams school-yard style, and have at it!

We usually have a fair sized (30-40) group of pilots on at a time, so absolutely stop by and enjoy in the fun!

p.s. I myself will be absent due to being out of town, but I look forward to killing a bunch of you in the future! And make sure to check out the Dragon Drop event that is happening next Friday! Flame is 50% right now, or grab some regular Dragons for the free cbills/spacebucks!

#16 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Konban wa, fellow DCMS pilots! Just the usual friendly bump and reminder that the Arkab Legions will be hosting their "Fun Drops on Saturdays" as usual this week, at 9pm EST on July 19th.

TeamSpeak server info is : ts3.arkablegions.com (no password)

Just log in, and jump into the room with a big pile of pilots (or 2 rooms if they are in the middle of a drop!). We pick teams "playground style" and then have at it!

====================================

On a related note, the Arkab TS is the host for this week's "The Dragon Roars" weekly Friday night event. So stop in TONIGHT, 7/18, any time after 5pm EST, to enjoy the "Dragons for the Dragon!" event (full rules below - thank you ManaValkyre!)

Dragon Drop Friday

The Dragon Drop event is a classic HK event, the premise of the night is to run Kurita specific mechs only, so Dragons, Dragons, more Dragons, Kintaro's, and any K variant IS chassis only. The format for the drop will be custom lobby matches, with random game mode and map types to keep it interesting. Teams will be evenly split, ideally till we get multiple 12 vs 12 matches running.

Don't be afraid to drop with random players from other units and have some fun showing how good your skills are and try to work with other unit members.

The rules for this event are:
1. Only Dragons, Kintaros or K Variant Chassis allowed. (Only exception is for new players still using trial chassis)
2. Only playing in private lobby's
3. No Artillery, No Air Strike allowed - This is for fun not competitive dropping
4. Hero mechs that fit the above criteria above may be used. (Fang, Flame, Golden Boy, Jester, or champion mechs of the appropriate chassis).

#17 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

I have some narc / tagging mechs I need to level. I need to stop by soon :wacko:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users