41 replies to this topic

#41 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 11 July 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

The Madcat is the single best Heavy in the game. It's as fast as a medium, has jets, and can carry as much (or more) firepower than most Assault mechs. It can survive more damage than any other Heavy trying to match it's speed or firepower thanks to the Clan XL. It is very clearly P2Win for the time being, and if you can only buy ONE Clan mech, it's the one.

The Clan lights are slow compared to IS lights, the Nova and Stormcrow are ok (but maybe not good enough for $55+), the Summoner is a joke, and the Direwolf is a slightly more mobile turret emplacement.

If you are going to spend money, get the best one and don't look back.

Apart from not being able to poptart and bunnyhop, the Stormcrow is easily one of the top 3 mediums in the game and arguably the best of the lot. On a per ton basis, it's also probably one of the best mechs overall.

#42 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Only have the Timberwolf at the moment.  Builds that worked well for me, in order from best to ok:
  • 1 Gauss, 1 PPC, 3x erML, targeting computer 1, 2xJJ - near meta but works a bit better for brawling situations.
  • 1 Gauss, 2 PPC, 2x JJ - Meta
  • 4x erLL, 2x JJ with mark 2 targeting computer and adv zoom - best sniper T-wolf but cannot quite stand up to meta.
  • 2x Gauss, 1xJJ, 50 rounds ammo - pretty good but lacks ammo
  • 2x LRM30 with  SL backup and 1xJJ - not bad at all if you have a team that can get you locks.
  • Various laser, AC, and SRM combos - not bad for brawling but you have to get pretty close, and SRM hitreg is still wonky for me.
You can run all of these builds on any madcat as long as you swap out the omnimodules.

Edited by JigglyMoobs, 13 July 2014 - 02:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users