• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Dudes, do you even CBT Lore? :angry:

I'm going to shove all the IS 'mechs I've liked into a Brain Cache. The others will get recycled so I have resources to make more parts for my Omnis.

#42 Tetryon88

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Going to sell my Jenners and probably my catapult and Centurion.
Will keep my Ember, Mastered Orions, and mastered Thunderbolts, though I doubt I'll ever use them.

#43 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

Mine are prepped for storage in my Clan's primary Brian Cache, ready to serve if needed.

#44 ArcLyght

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

I am keeping all my battlemechs, there will be opportunities to use them in future personal 1v1 duels, group action ...etc

#45 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

I'll keep my Inner Sphere mech's.

They served me well.... And most of them have c-bill bonus. :)

#46 Doughbag

• PipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

I'll hang to them, at least for a while, just to be sure.
Most definalty will see how the IS Mechs do in future battle.

#47 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

I regret selling some of my old mechs, even bought back some. I've kept some mechbays free for clan mechs, so i wouldn't need to sell those i currently own.

#48 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

I will be keeping mine. I have a rule against selling mechs because sure enough if I sell one I will want to play it a week later. I learned that the hard way.

#49 jdtonks

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

I'll be keeping my IS mechs, since I can't afford clan stuff

#50 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:47 AM

Forced to hold onto my IS mechs... for now. RHOD rules do not preclude the use of Clan mechs, but it requires I jump through hoops to do so. Not that I would not try for it, but what a pain in the ass.

#51 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:56 AM

Short answer: No, I won't be selling my IS mechs.

Long answer: It's a terrible idea to sell mechs in MWO period, even those which aren't "Meta" or even particularly "good". Given that weapon tweaks and other such tweaks can turn a formerly non-viable chassis into an absolute monster or vice versa (see: LRMpocalypse, etc.), any mech has the potential to become great. Besides that, you really don't get enough cbills from selling a mech to justify its selling, especially when it's another chassis you can play, really says something.

Besides that, I can't wait for the Bushwacker. I intend to play IS for that specific reason.

#52 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:17 AM

I never quite liked the bushwacker, weird mech, that one...

#53 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

No, nothing will be sold as this would be an unexcusable inefficiency and waste of CBills/MC/time invested .
Also, memories of good times .

#54 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:54 AM

Keep em for Events ...and some are better than the Clan Mechs. There is no Counterpart for the Spider ECM mech...

#55 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:58 AM

Bushwacker???? lol that mech sucked!! Its armor is as thin as paper and even in normal mode on MW3 I still have problems with it. Nice weaponry but can't take a beaten. Bushwacker...horrible mech

#56 Toiletbrush

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBEHIND YOU!!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:03 AM

all i can say is.....enjoy
enjoy while it lasts,like there is no tomorrow
just keep in mind that clans did the blitz to inferior IS with new better tech,but they failed
do you think IS brainiac wont come up with modernized mechs and tech in about a year or two
yes,sell inferior IS,sell them all

#57 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 19 June 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

Keep em for Events ...and some are better than the Clan Mechs. There is no Counterpart for the Spider ECM mech...

The Kit Fox with ECM. It can easily mount 2 ER LLs and snipe better than the Spider with 1 ERLL, plus offering a solid AMS cover.

#58 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 19 June 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

Bushwacker???? lol that mech sucked!! Its armor is as thin as paper and even in normal mode on MW3 I still have problems with it. Nice weaponry but can't take a beaten. Bushwacker...horrible mech

Well, it may not be to your tastes, but I'm rather partial to it. An advantage to piloting IS is that we can actually change stuff like armor type and structure type to accomodate whatever we want. Swap the structure to ES and the armor to standard and it frees up a huge amount of weight for more armor.

#59 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:53 AM

View PostPando, on 17 June 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

im going to make a video....the video will reflect over 100 inner sphere battlemechs scrapped and a clean inventory of champions, hero's and CLAN battlemechs

Hail,

I would like to watch this, right now I sit at 106 Mechs and organizing them is a pain. Will start stripping first, then possible leave the chassis to collect dust.

Will keep Heroes.

Seyla,

#60 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Some perspective from the other side.

I don't own any Clan 'mechs at this time as I did not buy into any of the Clan Packs or Al La Carte. I do however, plan on buying a limited number of Clan 'mechs.

These being the:

Timberwolf (who doesn't want a heavy Chassis with the versatility of a swiss army knife? and the iconic look doesn't hurt :))
Nova
Direwolf (Yo dawg, we heard you like weapons so we put weapons on your weapons so you can shoot things while you shoot things.)

I'm honestly not as interested in the Clan 'mechs as I am the Inner Sphere ones due to how the IS chassis work compared to the Clan ones. Well, also I'm an IS player in any form of Battletech/Mechwarrior, but I like to keep my options open for the sake of strategy and tactics. Buying the Direwolf and Nova are mostly just to have fun as I can only really see myself using the Timberwolf. I'd rather run an Atlas then a Direwolf and the Nova isn't as fast as I'd want a medium to be so it's generally going to just be for fun.

This isn't to bash the Clans, no, but to highlight that just because a 'mech is derived from one faction or another that it might be prudent to keep them. Not all, mind you, but some. IS lights right now (and will probably remain until specific Clan lights get introduced,) are better in the scout role then Clan ones are. Flip side...Clan lights are a great deal more dangerous weapon wise and act more like light strikers then scouts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users