#1 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

So, big question, will you be selling your inner sphere Mechs or just cache them and let them collect dust?

I have sold most of my chassis already in preparation of tomorrow and launch of the Clans. Aside from hero, Phoenix primes other hero's, Founders and a couple special chassis.

How about you brothers and sisters of Kerensky. What will you do with the second line Battlemechs that our gene Founders would have piloted during their retaking of the pentagon worlds.

#2 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

I will be selling that IS junk, except for those i paid MC and i may keep a hero mech or two. Just the HUD display and sound of the clan weapons got me to love the clan mechs in addition of how powerful they are

#3 whackasnake

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

i think I may sell some of my IS mechs but I have a few I will keep

#4 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

I bought 15 bucks of mc to convert everything to GXP then I sold just about everything but my phoenix and Hero mechs
Zellbring it

#5 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

I've quite a bit of my inferior tech, though there are a couple that I'll keep. I paid MC for 90% of my mechs since I didn't play that much, so we'll see when tomorrow comes and I have to look at trial, IS, and clan mechs in my bays.... ugh...

#6 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 June 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

Keeping them because I couldn't afford to get any Clan packs or la Carte.

Yes but after you have the cbills for the Clan mechs?

#7 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

I figure that I will keep them but they will definitely be collecting dust. I think that I will keep them around like museum pieces to remind me of good times. :P

#8 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

We can just give them to the Solahma warriors let them do one last death charge into battle LOL

#9 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

I will keep them and once more Clan Mechs are out, I will sell all the Locusts I have and never took for a ride.

#10 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

I'm keeping all my Mastered, Atlas's, Locust, Hunchbacks and Catapults Chassis.

Aside from Mastering the Kitfox, Summoner & Mad Cat-apult.
The other clan mechs are probably going to collect a ton of dust.

I actually can't wait to be killing timber wolves in my atlas.

#11 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

I've sold 12, still have 38. Once I get my clan mechs I'll see if there is purpose overlap, and wherever there is I'll figure out which one does it better and re-purpose the inferior one. If the inferior can't be be re-purposed, it'll be sold (which will most likely be the IS mech).

#12 GZBLASTERMASTER

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

I will be keeping mine, especially my Yen Lo Wang and 3L. It would be smart if PGI allowed Clan affiliated to upgrade IS mechs to their refitted IIC variants for MC. If they ever field the Warhammer or Marauder for the IS (which they are beyond late doing already), those will be the first two to get my money. Also, you never know if a campaign requires you hold a garrison on a newly conquered world and if IS Merc or House troops command circuit in to retake, you just may have to hop your trueborn a** in a Jenner or Awesome and do your job. Don't turn your nose up at them yet. I guarantee CW will require both IS and Clan to utilize the opposing factions tech in certain instances. Also, think of all the IS mechs that haven't been released yet. I'm pretty sure there will be one or two that will look appealing.

Still waiting on them to incorporate aerospace fighters, Elementals, Battle Armor, LAM's (Phoenix Hawk), and Hovertanks. MWO can last for a long time, they just have to keep updating.

#13 xDAMAGEx

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 20 posts
  • Locationchicago

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

Keeping all my mechs gonna open a museum and once n awhile I might knock the dust off them and take em for a spin.

#14 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

They shall stand as testament from whence I came. Those Battlemechs have earned as much honor as I, while piloting them, thus they deserve no less than to remain in my hangar and upon special days they will be allowed to know honor and glory once more.

Edited by Saber Avalon, 16 June 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#15 whackasnake

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

you mean coming out today now (its 12:11) Am here

#16 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

Thinking of starting my own Brian cache...

#17 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

Going into cache for now...it seems the conflict in the Free Worlds League requires Trothkin to drive the wretched Inner Sphere filth for the sake of fairness...

#18 F R A N C I S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

I've pre-ordered my clan mechs... I'm keeping all mine IS mechs... they won't be collecting dust for me and will probably get more IS mechs.

Don't forget about CW. The IS mechs by the sounds of it will be weaker than their clan counterparts, but there is still merit to them.

Having said that, there are some IS mechs that I got purely for mastery, which will go once I need mechbays - but this has nothing to do with clan.

I'm hoping people hold onto their IS mechs, it would be sad if no one played IS.

#19 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

Due to limited play time, I paid MC for every single IS mech I have bought so far , simply can't afford buying with cbills :) .
I shall keep them and will continue to use them. Clans despise waste after all, every thing that shoots freebirths shall be used. ;)

#20 Raiyuken

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

Meta-mechs such as RVN3L, FS9, SHD, CTF, VTR, HGN still can compete so there is no point throwing out any of them other than those you bought just to get master on another chassis. With that said, personally I only pilot my FS9K and COMTDK, I am strictly a light pilot and would play the KFX-S almost exclusively unless I feel the need to blow stuff up on NVA-P.

TBR-P, DWF-P and WHK-P are way too mainstream.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users