New Forum Faction Tags!

Answered

6 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

This is for constructive feedback for PGI and the one of them who designed the faction tags we now have.

Dear PGI:

Thank you very much for listening to the community and changing the Faction Tags. It is great to see that you stood up and listened to what we had to say about them. I am deeply grateful for it as I for one found the redesigned ones to be too far out.

Understand me right, the design for them was great. They look beautiful and complete but they did not fit the context of the universe. Great effort on your part and good initiative. You tried to do something new and there is nothing wrong with that. The new classic ones we have now are much better than the modern ones you made first and a lot closer to the truth.

I wonder however how much time you used to make the modern Clan logos and the old Inner Sphere Great House logos. To me it feels that the new classic logos have been rushed through the process. I wrote about this concern here in the Clan Logo Poll. They look like they have been finished on a tight schedule compared to the Inner Sphere ones and to me therefore do not look like a finished product. To me, they appear to be a final draft version. Due to that, I also offered to send in my own take on the classic redesigns.

Due to these concerns and me burning for this subject, I got a few question for you:

- Are these Clan Logos the finished product or do you have plans to edit them again at a later time?
- What guidelines did your designers have to redesign from FASA classic to new classic logos?
- How was the design process surrounding the logos?
- How much time was used to create;
1. Inner Sphere Faction Tags
2. Modern Clan Faction Tags
3. Classic Clan Faction Tags
- Are you open to receiving artwork from fans and consider them for use?

Again, thank you so far for what you have done with the Clan Faction Tags.

Hoping for a positive response.

Vincent V.

#2 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

The "refreshed" original Clan designs are pretty much spot on with the classic designs...and are of the same quality as the current IS banners for MWO...at least as much in my not-so-humble opinion. :ph34r:

They are visually compatible with the art style of the current IS banners...unlike the wildy re-imagined Clan banners they first introduced...which were pretty cool in their own right, but did not fit in with the established art style of the rest of the IS banners.

#3 Antagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

This is going to sound weird, but how do you select the classic faction tags? I only see the old IS ones and the reimagined Clan ones when I try to change them?

EDIT: I should maybe just clear my browser's cache, quiaff?

Edited by Antagonist, 18 June 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#4 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 17 June 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

The "refreshed" original Clan designs are pretty much spot on with the classic designs...and are of the same quality as the current IS banners for MWO...at least as much in my not-so-humble opinion. ^_^

They are visually compatible with the art style of the current IS banners...unlike the wildy re-imagined Clan banners they first introduced...which were pretty cool in their own right, but did not fit in with the established art style of the rest of the IS banners.

I agree with you on that part but it seems like something is missing from a few of them. Besides, I am just trying to feed my own curiosity.

View PostAntagonist, on 18 June 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Aff, that or refreshing the page might be a good idea Trothkin. :blink:

Edited by Vincent V., 18 June 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#5 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostAntagonist, on 18 June 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

:blink:

#6 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 19 June 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

You might have missed my message in the poll :)
The Art team may take a few opportunities to adjust the icons based on player feedback as they are further adapted into the game, otherwise, the icons as they are now will remain in place mostly as is.

Thank you for your response but do you think you could answer the rest of my questions too? :)

Edited by Vincent V., 19 June 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#7 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 19 June 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

You might have missed my message in the poll :)
The Art team may take a few opportunities to adjust the icons based on player feedback as they are further adapted into the game, otherwise, the icons as they are now will remain in place mostly as is.

Hmm, still no response to the rest of my questions? I would love if you could answer these too! :)

- What guidelines did your designers have to redesign from FASA classic to new classic logos?
- How was the design process surrounding the logos?
- How much time was used to create;
1. Inner Sphere Faction Tags
2. Modern Clan Faction Tags
3. Classic Clan Faction Tags
- Are you open to receiving artwork from fans and consider them for use?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users