The Invasion Is Here!

153 replies to this topic

#141 Vidarok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationVestibule of Creation

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

I assume the clans are invading... umm... our maps? Our matches?

Can't help but feel there is -SOMETHING- missing. Something that should've been here before clans arrived.

#142 Garrond

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

The title of this thread is a blunt lie. The clan mechs are here, yes, but not the invasion. This would have been the right title if we also got CW and a big release event. But I don't consider a longer then regular patchday + 2 extra forum posts with a video a big release event.

Hurry and bring CW soon™ and everything shall be forgiven. Until then I feel ashamed of myself for I got fooled again and even bought a clan mech pack. Guess I'll never learn.

Edited by Garrond, 21 June 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#143 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostGarrond, on 21 June 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

The title of this thread is a blunt lie. The clan mechs are here, yes, but not the invasion. This would have been the right title if we also got CW and a big release event. But I don't consider a longer then regular patchday + 2 extra forum posts with a video a big release event.

Hurry and bring CW soon™ and everything shall be forgiven. Until then I feel ashamed of myself for I got fooled again and even bought a clan mech pack. Guess I'll never learn.

We got these Videos!

#144 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 June 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

Well it has been a rapid development cycle but we now have the Clan Invasion underway. While it wasn't as smooth as we had hoped, a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into getting these new 'Mechs into your hands and we already see the dynamics of gameplay changing on the battlefield. This venerable force returning to the Inner Sphere homeworlds is the biggest event to happen on the BattleTech timeline and we, at PGI, are glad to be able to bring the beginning of this experience to you.</p> <p><span style="background-color: transparent;">It is now 3049 on the timeline and the remainder of this year is going to see a lot of new developments both in game and in lore. It is at key turning points like this that allow us to bring new systems on-line and address the needs of the network of features required for the upcoming Community Warfare push. We're pleased to let you know that the first module entering development is Unit Creation.</span></p> <p></p> <p><span style="background-color: transparent;">Units, being the MechWarrior Online equivalent of guilds, will be a new way for friends and like-minded players to get together in both a social and game affecting manner. Social interaction, member management, Unit ranks and specialized chat channels are some of the key features within this module. This in turn will be the gate for the bigger features of Community Warfare like faction combat, planetary control and partaking in the giant battle for the Inner Sphere.</span>
</p> <p></p> <p><span style="background-color: transparent;">This is a very exciting time for us as it is the first step in the even more exciting times coming in the near future. We raise our glasses to our community and supporters who have been here with us and we look forward to bringing you the content that we all want that will make MechWarrior Online the game we want it to be.</span></p> <p></p> </div>
I am happy to read this post... But I almost LMAO when I read the first sentence. Rapid? Honestly we have been waiting for this since BEFORE the launch party. Glad I am to read something again about the games development but rapid would have been a year and a half ago.:-D

#145 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

I had a chuckle too.

#146 Talrich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostHeffay, on 20 June 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

And again, UI 2.0 wasn't just about a UI. Which, by the way *works* even if you don't like the particular implementation.
I judge a UI by whether it functions as a user interface. For that reason I consider UI 2.0 to be a failure. It is pretty, but is less intuitive and takes twice as long as before to perform tasks.

I can't see UI 2.0's architecture. I can only judge it by it's visible performance.

#147 Raigner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Yep had a chuckle as well love PGI sometimes and for me the clan update was mostly a positive one however they are moving along at a snails pace. but hey i guess 2 miles per hour is pretty rapid for a snail. as for community warfare I don't care when it comes out so long as it dose and has the level of quality put into the clan content. i can see the need to WANT the clans in place BEFORE putting out the CW system, but you COULD have made some QOL improvements while we waited 7 months for you guys to finish building, textering, animating, coding, testing,scripting,and balancing eight new battlemechs and there associated weapons for them. that being said I know you are moving ahead to CW but I would recommend fixing UI 2.0 first.

Others have made many comprehensive lists about why they don't like it but ill sum it up like this. ANY UI that takes far more time to use AND delivers less information then its predecessor is a case example in bad UI design. showmanship should never trump usability. the last UI was not pretty but it as usable and informative.

On an unrelated not please fix the Awesome's torso. the greatest sin of MWO in my opinion was taking the Awesome, a titan of battle in lore and in the previous mech warrior games, and turning it into an obscure, and sub-par assault mech, entirely becuse of its heat problems and that in practice it has all the survivability of an icecube in a firestorm. collapsing the center torso, making the arm hit box's actually the whole arm, and providing some cooling, and fire rate perks would go a long way to bringing this assault mech back up to standard.

Edited by Raigner, 21 June 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#148 Bad Katz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

Glad to see more of the Universe represented. Now if us Periphery Pirates could get our tags and representation that would be awesome!

#149 T FreeLancer

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 66 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA, Earth

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

-------- RECOVERED MESSAGE ----------

ATTACHMENT 372-004925-B0H7:

DATE: JUNE 16th, 3049
MESSAGE TO: Unknown
ORDER: Civilian

RE: MAYDAY

To anyone who can assist... we are under attack from unknown forces. markings unknown.

--------- END OF MESSAGE ---------

#150 Vehement

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

Have been waiting for the clan mechs for months... literally counting the days. I gotta say I am very happy with the new content as it completely exceeded my expectations. Well done, AGAIN IGP and Piranha hames!

#151 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

View PostRaigner, on 21 June 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Yep had a chuckle as well love PGI sometimes and for me the clan update was mostly a positive one however they are moving along at a snails pace. but hey i guess 2 miles per hour is pretty rapid for a snail. as for community warfare I don't care when it comes out so long as it dose and has the level of quality put into the clan content. i can see the need to WANT the clans in place BEFORE putting out the CW system, but you COULD have made some QOL improvements while we waited 7 months for you guys to finish building, textering, animating, coding, testing,scripting,and balancing eight new battlemechs and there associated weapons for them. that being said I know you are moving ahead to CW but I would recommend fixing UI 2.0 first.

Others have made many comprehensive lists about why they don't like it but ill sum it up like this. ANY UI that takes far more time to use AND delivers less information then its predecessor is a case example in bad UI design. showmanship should never trump usability. the last UI was not pretty but it as usable and informative.

On an unrelated not please fix the Awesome's torso. the greatest sin of MWO in my opinion was taking the Awesome, a titan of battle in lore and in the previous mech warrior games, and turning it into an obscure, and sub-par assault mech, entirely becuse of its heat problems and that in practice it has all the survivability of an icecube in a firestorm. collapsing the center torso, making the arm hit box's actually the whole arm, and providing some cooling, and fire rate perks would go a long way to bringing this assault mech back up to standard.

What he said concerning the Awesome please!

#152 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:54 AM

Greetings all,

Has anyone noticed that the background on the primary image does not match any of our current maps.

There are similar structures with the 'Caustic' map but nothing as intense or compact as what is displayed here.
- This must be a sneak peak of the dedicated Attack/Defend map called 'Mech Factory'
- Lore wise, these types of Factories were normally fully automated, with Tech's only needed to install the final computer programs of intelligence and specialized software depending who the final Customer was.

PGI has (2) maps that were listed as 'in production', 1. Jungle, 2. Mech Factory.
- with some form of terrain collision and breakable items hopefully included in the Jungle map.
- And there should be lots of automated and moving components built into the Mech Factory features.

Funny there has not been a peep mentioned about either map, till this image.

9erRed

#153 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

9erRed,

Good eye buddy! Good eye!

You just made my day.

#154 Ulvar

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:45 AM

View PostGarrond, on 21 June 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

i felt like that back when i buyed phönix. i haven't played since a while and tried some matches yesterday. well it was fun to play with nerfed is-weapons versus all this clantech. so much fun that i've decided to prolong my break for some more months.

basically this game is the same since the start of "open beta". only thing we've got are some maps and loads of mechs. new is that for real money now you can buy better tech than for in game currency.
these IS hero mechs where ok and didn't counted really as pay to win for me. but this? no thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users