- - - - -

Feature Request Poll

253 replies to this topic

Poll: Feature Request Poll (2043 member(s) have cast votes)

Which feature/change would you be MOST interested in seeing?

1. Voted Add Betty Voiceovers such as Target Destroyed (148 votes [7.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.24%

2. Add In-Game Toggle for AMS (167 votes [8.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.17%

3. Update Gauss Explosion text represented as Ammo Explosion (8 votes [0.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

4. Add slider for Field of View in options menu. (84 votes [4.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.11%

5. Add weapon location to HUD weapon lists. (80 votes [3.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

6. Add zoom functionality to the minimap (47 votes [2.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

7. Add option to switch in-game paper-doll for a HTAL diagram (125 votes [6.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

8. Add scale indicators to battle maps (11 votes [0.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.54%

9. Voted Add toggle for chat window. (18 votes [0.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

10. Add colour coded Death Messages in-chat (48 votes [2.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.35%

11. Add Kill counter to the main HUD on Conquest mode (40 votes [1.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

12. Add Missile Door Indicator on HUD (25 votes [1.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

13. Add Option for group chain fire (202 votes [9.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.89%

14. Add customizable hardpoint ordering (394 votes [19.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.29%

15. Voted Add a mouse wheel binding in control options (144 votes [7.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.05%

16. Voted Add ability to see where lances will start before a match (112 votes [5.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.48%

17. Update sound effects for ammo explosion (21 votes [1.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

18. Add option to automatically re-stock consumables (333 votes [16.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.30%

19. Update damage/incoming indicators to make them more noticeable (28 votes [1.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.37%

20. Add toggle function for friends list. (8 votes [0.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

Which other features/changes would you be otherwise interested in seeing?

1. Voted Add Betty Voiceovers such as Target Destroyed (846 votes [6.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.32%

2. Voted Add In-Game Toggle for AMS (917 votes [6.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

3. Update Gauss Explosion text represented as Ammo Explosion (437 votes [3.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.26%

4. Add slider for Field of View in options menu. (712 votes [5.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.32%

5. Voted Add weapon location to HUD weapon lists. (735 votes [5.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.49%

6. Add zoom functionality to the minimap (468 votes [3.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.50%

7. Add option to switch in-game paper-doll for a HTAL diagram (571 votes [4.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

8. Add scale indicators to battle maps (428 votes [3.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.20%

9. Voted Add toggle for chat window. (380 votes [2.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.84%

10. Add colour coded Death messages in-chat (590 votes [4.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.41%

11. Voted Add Kill counter to the main HUD on Conquest mode (714 votes [5.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

12. Add Missile Door Indicator on HUD (773 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

13. Voted Add Option for group chain fire (827 votes [6.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.18%

14. Voted Add customizable hardpoint ordering (915 votes [6.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.83%

15. Add a mouse wheel binding in control options (768 votes [5.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.74%

16. Add ability to see where lances will start before a match (844 votes [6.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.30%

17. Voted Update sound effects for ammo explosion (659 votes [4.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

18. Add option to automatically re-stock consumables (921 votes [6.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.88%

19. Voted Update damage/incoming indicators to make them more noticeable (556 votes [4.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.15%

20. Add toggle function for friends list. (327 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Danielius

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Thanks PGI for asking us, the gesture is highly appreciated!

Not sure if this has already been suggested, since I didn't read the whole thread, but I'd like there to be an option to "superimpose" those HTAL-bars (as seen in the screenshot provided by RedDragon) on the paperdoll, so that for example, if a completely undamaged left arm would have 50 armor points and 50 internal health points, then graphically it'd be shown so that the left arm is filled from the bottom to halfway with red color (internal health). and from halfway to top with yellow color (armor). Because for at least myself, it's a mental challenge to link each bar to its respective part on the mech without seeing their physical arrangement.

Of course, the ideal option would be to replace the paperdoll with an exact copy of the target's 3D model (like in MWO3) that rotates and "getures" like its counterpart does in real-time, and damage is shown with deepening red hue in the respective areas. (And with all kinds of cell-shading extravaganza, I'm sure the armor damage could be represented as a color-changing outlining around the edges of each part.)

#182 Ranger Aodhan

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

View Postaniviron, on 18 June 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Very much this- I don't think we need new ammo explosion sounds, we just need the old ones back. When you heard the first thunk and shake, you might go, "Well maybe it's just a stray autocannon round hitting me," but when you hear thuthuthuTHUNKTHUNKTHUNK accompanied by violent screen shaking moments later... yeah, that was terrifying, and one of the better pieces of mech immersion this game has ever had. I'll try to scrounge up a video.

That said, there's a LOT in that video that I want back, and the whole thing is worth watching. I miss the sounds, the textures, the weapon effects (especially the missiles!), the way the map actually had some visibility, and especially the inverse kinematics on the legs (they bend instead of just going through or floating above the ground) and, oddly enough, the HUD font. Can't tell what we're using now, but it's an uninspiring sans-serif; the old one was quite legible, and had some nice personality to it as well.

I agree with a few of these, The PPCs look more like lightning than a giant supersoaker. The mechs do look much more grounded because of the "inverse kinematics" very much unlike the mechs now especially the clan mechs and most definitely the Dire Wolf which skips around like a 100 ton little girl! The font was also better, why did they change it in the first place? I do like how the missiles work now though, they seem fair enough.

#183 Andross Deverow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

Either get rid of the smoke in the mechlab at the bottom of the screen or change the color of the text regarding Mech Weight, Heat Efficiency etc. You cannot read the yellow text when that stupid smoke effect rolls across the bottom of the screen. ;)

Regards

#184 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

I feel that this vote should have been on the main screen for the game and the website considering it's importance... here are a couple of others that would be good inclusions:

a feature that lets you toggle an option for the ammo display list that will set it so that you only see the ammo types for the weapons you have equipped, probably best set in the in game options menu;

the ability to scroll back the chat while in game so you can see what you missed while in the heat of combat when you find you are in a lull in the fighting;

the ability to transfer the leadership of a group without having to break the group up... not everyone wants to be responsible for launching the group, or it cold be that one of the folks in the group has more folks on their list to invite than the current group leader... and sometimes folks don't want to add someone to their friend list that they may group with only once or twice...

#185 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

Ability to torso twist independent of the mouse would be good.

#186 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

"Update Gauss Explosion text represented as Ammo Explosion"
This is a "feature"? Seriously?

Was expecting a lot more from this poll.

#187 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostFut, on 10 July 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

"Update Gauss Explosion text represented as Ammo Explosion"
This is a "feature"? Seriously?

Was expecting a lot more from this poll.

The items put on this poll were culled from user generated posts. It includes bugs as well. It's just to prioritize things, not to identify it as a "feature" update.

#188 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostHeffay, on 10 July 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

The items put on this poll were culled from user generated posts. It includes bugs as well. It's just to prioritize things, not to identify it as a "feature" update.

Some of this stuff is so minor that it should be fixable in less time than it would to tally its placement in this poll and decide to fix it.

#189 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostRoland, on 10 July 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

Some of this stuff is so minor that it should be fixable in less time than it would to tally its placement in this poll and decide to fix it.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

#190 Niklaus Kotare

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico, USA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

I think the feature I'd most like to see is as follows:

We've got a lot of mechs and some pretty balanced and dynamic combat mechanics. How about a feature where it all means something more than wash, rinse, and repeat incessant pick up game combat simulations?

It's time to add some depth don't ya think? I'd like to actually invade and conquer some planets.

#191 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

being able to change who the group leader is prior to dropping so that if the person who is currently group lead doesn't have to drop group and get reinvited just to change group lead... another good idea is where is someone is afk for a good reason ( ex: bio, someone at door, safe grab of munchkin, etc ) that if they are afk through the match, they don't get killed, but counted as an auto kill for the other team; this should prevent everyone elses time from being wasted looking for them... as well being afk for the match ( or even the majority of it ) they don't get anything for being there since they effectively didn't participate... no reasonable movement, no weapons fire, no useage of consumables... why should you get paid or exp for sitting there?

they also need to fix the buggering of the weapon groups... getting sick and tired of having to check the status of my weapon group for mechs I haven't played that day yet...

#192 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

So, any word on the devs' selection and timeframe of these ideas? I believe I read 2-4 weeks somewhere...

#193 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

I like the ammo explosion sound effects option. But to take it up a notch, I think each type of component should have a different effect (sound and graphic) when destroyed.
When a heat sink goes down a burst of like green coolant mist. A static discharge when a PPC is destroyed. A loud metal clunk when a cannon is disabled. Some weird capacitor-discharge sound when a gauss explodes. Stuff like that.

#194 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

I would like two see a hud update to include UI tracking of lance and drop leaders icons

Posted Image

Esp since with 5+ people you might be split in other lances its hard to tell where 'your guy' is.

#195 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

Wtf is this thread, Everything on that list should be done.
Most of it is cosmetically useless but still, how lazy is your coder that he's got time to TYPE UP all this crap and send it to Niko?

Get it all done, get the game to a playable level.

#196 Codeine Radick

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 84 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty (Alberta)

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

I would like to see the Clan 'Mechs with different start-up dialogue.

MW2 style where instead of telling you which different things are online, the Clan 'Mechs give you the Planet, Ambient Temperature (very relevant), Local Time (Perhaps read from your computer clock) and of course a systems check where Reactor, sensors and weapons are all bundled up into one compressed sentence "All Systems Nominal"

It would give an auditory contrast to the Inner Sphere 'Mechs much like the different Cockpit HUDs.

#197 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

How about maybe features we want and are asking for (new maps, new gameplay modes, objective-based gameplay, immersion, CW...) instead of ones we are vehemently opposed to?

It has the advantage of never being tried before.

#198 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

So, any developments with these features?

#199 Nooee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Where is the Poll on Paul's termination as Lead designer?

#200 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

Oh man.

I would definitely run 2ppc + 1 erml on my summoner, instead of just dual ppcs, if I could make the ppc be the weapon on top..

Would also love it if we could control the ammo use order.

Having it used in the opposite order that it is added to the mech in... How did this request get missed? I hear it mentioned all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users