- - - - -

Feature Request Poll

253 replies to this topic

Poll: Feature Request Poll (2043 member(s) have cast votes)

Which feature/change would you be MOST interested in seeing?

1. Voted Add Betty Voiceovers such as Target Destroyed (148 votes [7.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.24%

2. Add In-Game Toggle for AMS (167 votes [8.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.17%

3. Update Gauss Explosion text represented as Ammo Explosion (8 votes [0.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

4. Add slider for Field of View in options menu. (84 votes [4.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.11%

5. Add weapon location to HUD weapon lists. (80 votes [3.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

6. Add zoom functionality to the minimap (47 votes [2.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

7. Add option to switch in-game paper-doll for a HTAL diagram (125 votes [6.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

8. Add scale indicators to battle maps (11 votes [0.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.54%

9. Voted Add toggle for chat window. (18 votes [0.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

10. Add colour coded Death Messages in-chat (48 votes [2.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.35%

11. Add Kill counter to the main HUD on Conquest mode (40 votes [1.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

12. Add Missile Door Indicator on HUD (25 votes [1.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

13. Add Option for group chain fire (202 votes [9.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.89%

14. Add customizable hardpoint ordering (394 votes [19.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.29%

15. Voted Add a mouse wheel binding in control options (144 votes [7.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.05%

16. Voted Add ability to see where lances will start before a match (112 votes [5.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.48%

17. Update sound effects for ammo explosion (21 votes [1.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

18. Add option to automatically re-stock consumables (333 votes [16.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.30%

19. Update damage/incoming indicators to make them more noticeable (28 votes [1.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.37%

20. Add toggle function for friends list. (8 votes [0.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

Which other features/changes would you be otherwise interested in seeing?

1. Voted Add Betty Voiceovers such as Target Destroyed (846 votes [6.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.32%

2. Voted Add In-Game Toggle for AMS (917 votes [6.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.85%

3. Update Gauss Explosion text represented as Ammo Explosion (437 votes [3.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.26%

4. Add slider for Field of View in options menu. (712 votes [5.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.32%

5. Voted Add weapon location to HUD weapon lists. (735 votes [5.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.49%

6. Add zoom functionality to the minimap (468 votes [3.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.50%

7. Add option to switch in-game paper-doll for a HTAL diagram (571 votes [4.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.27%

8. Add scale indicators to battle maps (428 votes [3.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.20%

9. Voted Add toggle for chat window. (380 votes [2.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.84%

10. Add colour coded Death messages in-chat (590 votes [4.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.41%

11. Voted Add Kill counter to the main HUD on Conquest mode (714 votes [5.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.33%

12. Add Missile Door Indicator on HUD (773 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

13. Voted Add Option for group chain fire (827 votes [6.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.18%

14. Voted Add customizable hardpoint ordering (915 votes [6.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.83%

15. Add a mouse wheel binding in control options (768 votes [5.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.74%

16. Add ability to see where lances will start before a match (844 votes [6.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.30%

17. Voted Update sound effects for ammo explosion (659 votes [4.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

18. Add option to automatically re-stock consumables (921 votes [6.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.88%

19. Voted Update damage/incoming indicators to make them more noticeable (556 votes [4.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.15%

20. Add toggle function for friends list. (327 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:55 AM

This whole poll confuses me. We should have every single choice already. Asking us to select the 18 improvements we are willing to live without in exchange for getting 2 of them is just cruel. Give us every single option listed. Give them to us in whichever order will get them implemented the fastest.

#222 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:38 AM

How about adding an on-HUD NARC indicator, to show when we've been NARC'd?

#223 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostSamziel, on 18 June 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Mouse wheel binding. In MW4 I always had weapon group 4 at up and 5 down when scrolling the wheel. Of course this is not necessary for those who have more buttons on their mouse, but it would help with zoom as well.

I would love to bind zoom to the mousewheel (including advanced zoom if equipped it would just be the "maximum zoom") so I could free up "clicking" it aka Mouse 3 to use as a weapon group. My mouse has about 6 buttons on it including Mouse 3 but two of them being on the side really disturb aim when lining up a long shot or using lasers at range.

#224 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostSmith Gibson, on 12 September 2014 - 02:55 AM, said:

This whole poll confuses me. We should have every single choice already. Asking us to select the 18 improvements we are willing to live without in exchange for getting 2 of them is just cruel. Give us every single option listed. Give them to us in whichever order will get them implemented the fastest.

That's exactly what they're doing. Nobody EVER said you're only getting 2. We've gotten five of them in the intervening months.

#225 Mekwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

Please make the missile bay door indicator a priority. For anyone who is slightly colourblind (and I believe that is a lot of people) the current indicator (a tiny light that changes colour) is too hard to see.

The change doesn't have to be fancy, if they simply made either a hud indicator or changed the light to on/off to indicate open and closed instead of a slight colour change that is hard to see.

#226 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

Please please do weapon locations at LEAST in the mechlab when assigned weapon groups, it is needed!

#227 Tethyss

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

This poll should have a few options, 3 or 4. Asking for the MOST requested feature and then presenting 20 options is a poorly designed survey. Also it does not take into account player preference for options not listed.

Collect the population of answers ranked by the customers, 1-20, then you can sort and analyze. Present an option for ad hoc feedback. This is a better way to gauge customer opinion if that is your true intention. Please consider this feedback for future surveys as well. Thank you.

Edit: Pardon I forgot to add, and as I've stated previously, if you truly desire active player feedback then consider adding surveys to the client app during login/logout instead of buried within your 80 forums and subforums. It will be better and easier all around for both parties.

Edited by Tethyss, 10 October 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#228 costi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:59 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 18 June 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Way too much fluff.

How about a proper in game chat system? So I don't die telling someone they are NARC'd.

How about you finish UI2.0, fix the mech lab and add the social features you said you were working on?

All of the stuff in your poll should take a month max if you have decent programmers. So I refuse to vote.

Oh yeah... New maps. Every month. Like you said you would... Half a freaking year later.

This, a hundred times this.

And on top of this... "zoom feature for the minimap"? More like "unzoom", the map covers way less terrain that I can see from my cockpit.

As much as I hate to say this - go play World Of Tanks, PGI. They really nailed down minimap interaction and functionality and quick comm system.

#229 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 22 September 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

How about adding an on-HUD NARC indicator, to show when we've been NARC'd?
Russ just expressed night-before-last, on Twitter, that he has approved this. Thank you, Mr. B.

#230 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 18 June 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

Several members of the community recently offered us a list of features and changes they felt would greatly improve the game. We took it upon ourselves to review this list and generate a poll for you to help us assess desirability on some of the listed items.

As we analyzed the list, our focus was to to be on features which were low-risk, could be easily accomplished en-route to CW, and/or were not otherwise earmarked for later in the pipeline.

To give us an idea of which feature requests to focus on and their priority, we have two similar questions posed before you. The first asks which you would like to see most of all (single-choice). The second asks which others are of great interest to you (multiple-choice).

We are eager to see your votes! We will be closing this poll next Tuesday at approximately 4PM PDT.

Could we have a new poll list, this one is very outdated!

#231 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hardpoint ordering is the biggest thing on that list, and shoul be priority #1. If my mech has 3E points in a torso, at various elevations, I should be able to choose which is in the highest hardpoint, instead of trying to game the mechlab by adding the weapons in different orders.

#232 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

View PostKevjack, on 30 October 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

Hardpoint ordering is the biggest thing on that list, and shoul be priority #1. If my mech has 3E points in a torso, at various elevations, I should be able to choose which is in the highest hardpoint, instead of trying to game the mechlab by adding the weapons in different orders.

Its also something that requires UI work to get the menu's and everything to sort that kinda stuff.

Naturally, the UI designers are probably tied down with CW. So I wouldn't expect this or any other feature like the FOV slider to make it into the game any time soon.

I'm sure they are well aware of it on the poll as a requested feature, but in this case, CW is probably requested more, so naturally takes prioraty.

I wouldn't be surprised though if this doesn't make it into the game a few months after CW fully launches. (either after phase 2 or 3.)

#233 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

Two additions I think the game could use - but not on the list.

First off, more info for teammates. We know far more about the enemies we target than the guys we're standing shoulder to shoulder with. Sometimes when we see teammates at 80% we assume they're healthy - when they're actually already CT cored and one hit from death. Anything to put more info on our teammates into our hands in games would help.

Second, I'd like to see the ability for lance/drop commanders to "call" targets. It's no secret that the main reason organized group teams are better than solo teams is because of how easy it is to focus fire that way. If you could "designate" targets for your team, I think it would go a long ways towards cleaning up some of the poor gameplay you get in pugville. If you could do that by lance, it'd also help emphasize more on lance-level gameplay and reduce the dependency teams have on just deathballing en masse...

#234 Senor Cataclysmo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

More Bitchin' Betty please! Although there are loads of other great suggestions.

#235 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

Would be nice to see a "groups" total tonnage before launch.

#236 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

For those of us who don't 'math' so quickly, this would be awesome.

#237 MindWalk3r

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:08 AM

Any idea on an ETA for hardpoint ordering? or when the next ui update with this feature is scheduled to release

#238 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

The heat override Mechanic needs to be on a toggle so players have a choice

They can either have the override turn off automatically or stay on

#239 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:10 PM

Game play balance..

#240 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:03 PM

You forgot the one about giving us back control over game mode instead of this voting mess

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users