#2 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

wut O.o

MWOGuilds? :) also

On a side note, I've seen the rumblings of people thinking that mixed teams of Clan and IS 'Mechs will be the norm from here on out. This is not the case. Faction (IS/Clan) combat is a big part of Community Warfare as are the skirmishes between the Houses themselves and the Clans themselves. This requires additional work to the database, player data and match making systems and will come out at a later time.

If you guys are thinking that having mech types (Is or clan) locked to your faction in terms of CW you might as well put a fork in it now cause next they will be rumbling over faction oriented mechs (IE Kintaro and Dragon being kurita centric, ect ect). Not to mention this would cause a massive influx of players to the clans, many people have outright sold their IS stuff at this point.

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 18 June 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#3 Surtosi

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

This is an awsome announcement! Just what I wanted to hear, bought a clan pack today from this info. And there is no way anyone is going to take my spiders or awsomes away from me, a dozen clan kills and counting baby woo!

#4 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Tax, member min/max limit, rename unit, Faction/Clan/etc....?

#5 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Is this still going to be on the time-frame as of this posting...

Russ Bullock said:

The only items really remaining from the Community Warfare pillar are two items, although pretty big ones. They are what we can call “Association” which is further connecting factions and the idea of Loyalty points and “Inner Sphere Planetary Conquest” which of course is competing over territory. I have not listed off dates for these systems because we don’t have as precise of estimates quite yet. But we can for the first time based on the January-April development schedule provide a more accurate estimation then we have in the past. Below are some conservative estimates of the remaining Community Warfare features that I think we can probably beat.

Conservative Estimates:
- Association: July-Aug
- Planetary Conquest: Sept-Oct

Confidence is very high that worst case scenario is the completion of the entire Community Warfare feature set as we currently understand it by Early to Mid-fall.

This is, of course, from... http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3002261

Also,

Units can collect a communal C-Bill coffer through donations from its members.
What, precisely, will we be able to do with the C-Bills we collect?

Edited by Kay Wolf, 18 June 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#6 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

sell my I.S. mechs NOOOOO WAY. I love my I.S mechs and will never sell any of them for clan mechs. once i get all my clan mechs maxed out ill be back in my mara.... errr Orion ON1-K, ILYA, And slap some clans my big fat AC-20 Wang Yen Lo-

#7 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Any rough timeframe for this feature? July, perhaps?

#8 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

So what happens if a member is recruited, puts into the Group fund and then thrown out what happens to his contribution, or the leader decides to raid the bank and leaves?
I ask this because a system very similar to this is in place on STO, it is widely abused.

Edited by N0MAD, 18 June 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#9 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 18 June 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

So what happens if a member is recruited, puts into the Group fund and then thrown out what happens to his contribution, or the leader decides to raid the bank and leaves?
I ask this because a system very similar to this is in place on STO, it is widely abused.

Then they post the story on the forums for some good ol' fashioned EVE style entertainment! Bring on those shenanigans I say!

#10 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Is this now or later, because I'm not seeing it

#11 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Also a good way to exploit/farm the beginners bonus, start new account, join your own group, get that bonus and deposit, start new account.... rinse repeat.. you get the picture.
Also a door for Chinese Gold farmers...

Edited by N0MAD, 18 June 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#12 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

C-bill pool.
So awesome.
You can give c-bills to friends!

#13 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 18 June 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

This requires additional work to the database, player data and match making systems and will come out at a later time.

IOW: "Soon"™

#14 Astral Esper

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 51 posts
  • LocationChaska, Minnesota

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

A Clarification:

On a side note, I've seen the rumblings of people thinking that mixed teams of Clan and IS 'Mechs will be the norm from here on out. This is not the case. Faction (IS/Clan) combat is a big part of Community Warfare as are the skirmishes between the Houses themselves and the Clans themselves. This requires additional work to the database, player data and match making systems and will come out at a later time.

So wait, does this mean IS players aren't going to be able to use Clan mechs and vice versa? Doesn't that go against what was said earlier and more importantly make a large amount the player base pretty upset, or does this mean there are going to be two matchmaking ques, "Community Warfare" and "Casual" where in CW, players have to use IS or Clan mechs based on their faction but have freedom in casual que? Wouldn't that make less people participate in CW because they don't want to be limited on what mechs they use, or is everyone made to participate in CW meaning if they are IS and bought Clan mechs, too bad for them, or would players have to choose both an an IS faction and a Clan faction and they participate in CW by what mech they choose when dropping in a match? What about Lone Wolves and Mercs? Would they just have free reign over mech choice? If so, then I imagine a large number if not most players would go that route so they're still able to use all of their mechs.

Some clarification on the clarification would be nice because I'm really confused.

#15 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 18 June 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

There was talk some time ago about possibly requiring MC to create a merc unit to curb this behavior. I also think they planned to make it so that the pool could not be given all to one player somehow. Bryan wrote a bunch about "Association" back last fall and some other posts elsewhere. Don't know where they all are now.

View PostN0MAD, on 18 June 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

Also a good way to exploit/farm the beginners bonus, start new account, join your own group, get that bonus and deposit, start new account.... rinse repeat.. you get the picture.
Also a door for Chinese Gold farmers...

I'm sure they will have some kind of "gateway" set up to limit this along with tools to find alt accounts.

View PostVertex99, on 18 June 2014 - 06:57 PM, said:

So wait, does this mean IS players aren't going to be able to use Clan mechs and vice versa? Doesn't that go against what was said earlier and more importantly make a large amount the player base pretty upset, or does this mean there are going to be two matchmaking ques, "Community Warfare" and "Casual" where in CW, players have to use IS or Clan mechs based on their faction but have freedom in casual que? Wouldn't that make less people participate in CW because they don't want to be limited on what mechs they use, or is everyone made to participate in CW meaning if they are IS and bought Clan mechs, too bad for them, or would players have to choose both an an IS faction and a Clan faction and they participate in CW by what mech they choose when dropping in a match? What about Lone Wolves and Mercs? Would they just have free reign over mech choice? If so, then I imagine a large number if not most players would go that route so they're still able to use all of their mechs.

Some clarification on the clarification would be nice because I'm really confused.

It's been stated that there will be different levels of participation. merc units are the most involved, then faction loyalists, then pugs or whatever they call it.

Also, it's quite possible that they might open up the restrictions the farther into the clan wars we get as the IS was able to salvage and use clan tech.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 18 June 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#16 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

:P

By default, the Unit will be populated with basic US military ranks.

That's cool for starters, but I'd love to see this customize eventually to reflect the House/Clan you represent. :P

#17 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Whats to stop people from just grabbing up unit names to stir up trouble ?

#18 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Nothing. Who says they cant use whatever name they want? Lore names will be reserved of course.

#19 Naduk

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

so this is separate to merc corps and houses/clans yes ?
so my unit can establish its self and then .... as a unit .... join a merc corp later on ? (as member's or allies)
please let it be so

#20 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, that'd be my understanding. Though of course you shouldn't be able to give yourself a 'FedSun' tag and then join a Capellan loyal unit.

You should however, be about to join a Merc Unit while representing one of the great Houses.

Edited by Monsoon, 18 June 2014 - 08:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users