• Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostErtur, on 22 July 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I wanna buy my own dropship. Do I need a mechbay for it?

you need 2 new mech bays you have to pay MC for :)

#222 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostErtur, on 22 July 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I wanna buy my own dropship. Do I need a mechbay for it?

Aside from the fact that you would need a TON of C-Bills to buy one, probably a three century-old one, you just cannot put a DropShip in a mech bay, it is phisically impossible :)

Where do you think are the mechbays you use in your game menu? ;)

#223 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 July 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

it astounds me how many assumptions are made around here about other players based on a post
.I could care less which way they do it. I got no dog in this fight. I'm pointing out what's going to happen if they do that. I promise you there will be a meltdown. I'm trying to help them avoid that because I personally don't want to listen to it for the next 6 months or until the new mech pack distracts people from it.

So maybe stop with the attitude?

Dude!
Are you delusional?!?
WHY are you posting "don't do what I think is bad?" posts?
It's bizarre.
You post "I'm pointing out what's going to happen if they do that. I promise you there will be a meltdown."
Why would they do as you suggest? Your suggestion is bizarre. No one would do as you suggest.
Even Climarb is skirting your bizarre take on Unit Creation.
Occasionally you must let common sense intrude.

#224 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 22 July 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Dude!
Are you delusional?!?
WHY are you posting "don't do what I think is bad?" posts?
It's bizarre.
You post "I'm pointing out what's going to happen if they do that. I promise you there will be a meltdown."
Why would they do as you suggest? Your suggestion is bizarre. No one would do as you suggest.
Even Climarb is skirting your bizarre take on Unit Creation.
Occasionally you must let common sense intrude.

uhm where in the world did I make a suggestion?

What part of "if they do that" (referring to what OTHERS HAVE SAID in regards to splitting clan and is players) is a suggestion.

Some players are arguing for "no mixed tech", I'm pointing out what will happen if PGI implements a system like that and all these IS players who dropped hundreds (up to $500, FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS, I'll let that sink in for a second)

on these shiny new clan mechs. Do you REALLY think that John Doe is going to be ok with spending $500 on a shiny gold mech and then being told they can't use it unless they leave the unit they've been a part of and building for 2 years? If PGI goes with something like "IS faction players can only use their clan mechs in private matches, or some quasi public match outside of CW (which I still haven't seen anything from the devs regarding this, just conjecture from players)" then you're going to ahve a major meltdown from those players.

I don't understand what's "bizarre" about that. Common sense?

Common sense to me says, if you tell customers who just dropped a few hundred bucks on your game that they're severely restricted in how they can use those items they just dropped hundreds of dollars on, they're going to be pissed

#225 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Maybe your'e misunderstanding what I've said?

#226 Mad Pig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 487 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

I don't understand any of you.

#227 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostMad Pig, on 22 July 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

I don't understand any of you.

Ok, some are saying that they don't want mixed tech
meaning
they don't want IS and Clan tech dropping on the same team. They want IS factions to be allowed to have IS mechs only and vice versa, clans only get clan mechs to drop with.

I'm pointing out that if PGI were to do that and tell all these people who just dropped hundreds ($500 in some cases) of dollars on their shiny new clan mechs, that they could not use them without leaving their IS faction that they've been a part of, in many cases, for 2 years, they are going to have a meltdown with their customers getting pissed.

Jon Doe spends $500 on a gold mech
Jon Doe is an IS player and belongs to Faction X.
Jon Doe has played with Faction X for years now and belongs to an IS unit.
If PGI tells Jon that he can't use his clan mechs in CW without leaving his faction, he's going to be pissed.
Jon is then going to take to the forums and you'll see every other player like Jon do the same and they
will
be
PISSED

I don't see how PGI could think players would be ok with that.

#228 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

need to reevaluate

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 July 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#229 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 July 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

Let me answer this one for anyone who is confused. They will not be running strict tech. Even promoting the idea around as if it is a possibility is a bad route to take. They have already made It clear they are not going to take anyone's mech away from them so That throws this bad scenario out the window. Stop trying to spark the flames.

citation needed

because the last word we actually got on that is "I've seen the rumblings about mixed tech. I can assure you that won't be the norm"

#230 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 July 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

citation needed

because the last word we actually got on that is "I've seen the rumblings about mixed tech. I can assure you that won't be the norm"

yea, i needed to reevaluate what I wrote. The game will be switching to Clan vs IS but no one will be forced to play strictly I.S or Clan.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 July 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#231 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 July 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

yea, i needed to reevaluate what I wrote. The game will be switching to Clan vs IS but now one will be forced to play strictly I.S or Clan.

no but they'll be forced to leave their faction and teammates to use one tech or the other. which is exactly what I said above...

which is exactly what the example I gave was...

which would lead to a meltdown from playes who spent hundreds of dollars on clan mechs.

View PostPaul Inouye, on 18 June 2014 - 05:06 PM, said:

On a side note, I've seen the rumblings of people thinking that mixed teams of Clan and IS 'Mechs will be the norm from here on out. This is not the case. Faction (IS/Clan) combat is a big part of Community Warfare as are the skirmishes between the Houses themselves and the Clans themselves. This requires additional work to the database, player data and match making systems and will come out at a later time.

http://mwomercs.com/...-unit-creation/

#232 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 July 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

no but they'll be forced to leave their faction and teammates to use one tech or the other. which is exactly what I said above...

which is exactly what the example I gave was...

which would lead to a meltdown from playes who spent hundreds of dollars on clan mechs.

http://mwomercs.com/...-unit-creation/

you are skipping way into the future their, with not enough information.

Faction players know what mechs to use as well as clansmen. The only ones free of choice is the merc players. You are jumping to conclusions with limited Information. I can assume If I am playing for the steiners I would be using I.S mechs. Then again we do not know much. It is silly to start another argument without a good basis. Not to mention the Clan/IS matching is mainly for community warfare.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 22 July 2014 - 06:56 PM.

#233 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Pugging won't go away. You can use mixed tech there.
If they have any degree of intelligence they'll come up with a Solaris mode (with Duncan Fisher!!!! omgfangasm) where you can use mixed tech (and Duncan'll tell you that he doesn't like people using Clan tech).
For CW, though, it is entirely appropriate to say if you are in an IS group it's IS tech, and if you're in a Clan group it's Clan tech. In fact if we had a fan war over it, many more fans would want that seperation than wouldn't.
But that's just CW. Which is, so far as I can tell, entirely optional. Do it if you want, don't if you don't.

Also, I don't know anyone who got rid of their IS mechs because they got Clan mechs. Because the Clan mechs came with their own mechbays it strikes me as a profoundly stupid thing for someone to do. If anyone actually did that. Which I doubt.

#234 Dirgez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 July 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

Ok, some are saying that they don't want mixed tech
meaning
they don't want IS and Clan tech dropping on the same team. They want IS factions to be allowed to have IS mechs only and vice versa, clans only get clan mechs to drop with.

I'm pointing out that if PGI were to do that and tell all these people who just dropped hundreds ($500 in some cases) of dollars on their shiny new clan mechs, that they could not use them without leaving their IS faction that they've been a part of, in many cases, for 2 years, they are going to have a meltdown with their customers getting pissed.

Jon Doe spends $500 on a gold mech
Jon Doe is an IS player and belongs to Faction X.
Jon Doe has played with Faction X for years now and belongs to an IS unit.
If PGI tells Jon that he can't use his clan mechs in CW without leaving his faction, he's going to be pissed.
Jon is then going to take to the forums and you'll see every other player like Jon do the same and they
will
be
PISSED

I don't see how PGI could think players would be ok with that.

so you assume that the 4 clans that are currently represented are not considered factions?

#235 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 July 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

Faction players know what mechs to use as well as clansmen. The only ones free of choice is the merc players. You are jumping to conclusions with limited Information. I can assume If I am playing for the steiners I would be using I.S mechs. Then again we do not know much. It is silly to start another argument without a good basis. Not to mention the Clan/IS matching is mainly for community warfare.

I'm not jumping to ANY conclusion. There are plenty of players saying PGI should make it like what I've described. I've explained that I can't see PGI doing that for the reasons I stated. I don't know what they'll do, I just know that IF they went in the direction some players are wanting them to go, their would be a lot of pissed customers. That's all. No dire predictions, no jedi future meditation sessions. I'm not saying they're going to do one or the other. I'm simply stating what would happen if some on here got their wish

View PostWM Dirges, on 22 July 2014 - 07:42 PM, said:

so you assume that the 4 clans that are currently represented are not considered factions?

not at all, the exact opposite. each clan will be its own faction just like the IS factions. That's kinda the point. The people asking for no mixed tech are not taking into account that if that's the case, there would be a lot of IS players that bought clan packs that are not going to be happy about it. They aren't going to want to leave their units just to use their clan mechs. That's why I can't see PGI doing something like that.

I can see PGI allowing that option in private matches for player run leagues who want no mixed tech, but I can't see that being how they do things for the CW queue.

#236 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hahaha, people expect CW to be more than, Chose a faction (i expect people will be able to chose multiple).
Some periphery planet will be under attack (chosen by the game) you can chose a faction for that battle and drop into pug matches to decide its fate. At some given number the planet is either taken over or defended, yay some one has won, move onto the next planet/moon the game has decided is next.
You expecting more than that, hahaha.

#237 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

also, how would it make sense for an IS player to "switch" to clan faction for CW, fight against the same unit he just left, taking back the same planet he just took?

#238 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 22 July 2014 - 06:50 PM, said:

There is a a lot that PGI has to consider, and I hope that this long delay on specifics is because they ARE considering these issues.

To make CW successful, there will have to be some sort of economy to make planetary control and faction MEAN something. To have a proper economy, I really think they need to bring back Repair and Rearm and add some sort of Salvage System to give a means of "unlocking" technology that you will eventually be able to use cross-faction.

Speaking of faction, the key for me will be whether it is Clans vs. IS, as far as technology, or if there will be differences for Kurita and Davion, Wolf and Bear. I want my specific faction to matter - not just whether I am Clan or Spheroid.

Lastly, mercs should not have access to Clan tech. Lone Wolves? Possibly, but not mercs.

#239 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

View PostCimarb, on 22 July 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

There is a a lot that PGI has to consider, and I hope that this long delay on specifics is because they ARE considering these issues.

To make CW successful, there will have to be some sort of economy to make planetary control and faction MEAN something. To have a proper economy, I really think they need to bring back Repair and Rearm and add some sort of Salvage System to give a means of "unlocking" technology that you will eventually be able to use cross-faction.

Speaking of faction, the key for me will be whether it is Clans vs. IS, as far as technology, or if there will be differences for Kurita and Davion, Wolf and Bear. I want my specific faction to matter - not just whether I am Clan or Spheroid.

Lastly, mercs should not have access to Clan tech. Lone Wolves? Possibly, but not mercs.

:P

#240 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

lol i dont get the problem.. start pure tech and if a IS unit salvages a clan mech, it might be used in battle again... maybe even some raid/loot/theft operations ?

use the lore to solve the problems^^

this is like we solved this matter in ISW and guess what? Clan units even sometimes do theft drops vs IS untis to get some fast scouts ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users