Publictest Matchmaker Update

112 replies to this topic

#101 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

ok.. i don't need an incentive to test... but i tell you what i do need.. time... you guys want people to test for you but only open up the servers for 4 hours and expect people to get on... for a matchmaker test...

just a thought... but if you want people to test then you need to have the test longer... make it a 24 hour period and you will get your data

#102 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

View PostKarl Berg, on 24 June 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

Yes, I will definitely be bringing up incentives the next time we consider running a PTS that requires a large population turnout.

edit: And to everyone else with similar feedback, thanks for your suggestions as well! I will certainly be passing them on.

Smart response. I personally can't justify running PTS while at the same time my premium time burns down in PROD.....

#103 Davic Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 66 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 26 June 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

So the over whelming comments are, give us free stuffs or screw your testing.
MW deserves a better community.
You reap what you sow PGI.
This is the community you dumped your dedicated MW fanbase for...

This was the same reason why SWG became the way it was ... Sony listened to the wrong group and got fried when they implimented the NGE.

Read on it PGI, because it was a valuable lesson learnt by many companies afterwards .. especially when such a mistake cost Sony just shy of three quarters of it's player base.

Edited by snessuk, 26 June 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#104 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:00 AM

View Postsnessuk, on 26 June 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

This was the same reason why SWG became the way it was ... Sony listened to the wrong group and got fried when they implimented the NGE.

Read on it PGI, because it was a valuable lesson learnt by many companies afterwards .. especially when such a mistake cost Sony just shy of three quarters of it's player base.

SWG.... what an innovative original desgin. Then they wrecked it... I paid $10 for the beta CDs (to beta test it) back in 2003 and still have them :)

#105 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:50 AM

wait so is my locust going to continue to get hurt in the leg by falling off a pebble when this is patched?

#106 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:54 AM

They said they had designed this new falling system to alleviate that problem, and I honestly didn't bring my Locust out to test it, but I would be surprised if it worked. Did anyone test the Locust, by chance?

#107 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostCimarb, on 27 June 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

They said they had designed this new falling system to alleviate that problem, and I honestly didn't bring my Locust out to test it, but I would be surprised if it worked. Did anyone test the Locust, by chance?

I think a few people have, but they probably don't post here.

If there are no changes made, let's just say Lights will self-leg themselves quite a bit... similar to the days where they added leg damage to mechs in Open Beta. Nothing good came out of that.

#108 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 27 June 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

I think a few people have, but they probably don't post here.

If there are no changes made, let's just say Lights will self-leg themselves quite a bit... similar to the days where they added leg damage to mechs in Open Beta. Nothing good came out of that.

i read this today in the feedback for the falling damage and if this end up being true....I agree with all feedback that lights will be useless because they'd be even more fragile...they better not let that happen as I am one of the seemingly few (based on those percentages) that actually use light mechs and I use them almost exclusively. Locust being one that I used the most.

Edited by Bigbacon, 27 June 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#109 Tynan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 277 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostNRP, on 25 June 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

I'm sorry to pick your post as an example, but quite frankly I find this type of selfish, self-entitled attitude to be disgusting. This game is Free to Play, which means you get nearly everything . . . FOR FREE!!! Yet people like you seem to just want handout after handout after handout . . . .

If you feel entitled to complain about the matchmaker or the game mechanics, then you kind of have an obligation to help PGI test changes to said game systems. Being able to help test this game is a privilege, not a mere burden on your goddamn precious time.

/rant off

I was personally on public test for this and every other one I was able to play for. This isn't about *me* specifically, it's about getting a large population to play this. And frankly, I've sunk more money into this game than any other single game in my life, so this isn't about wanting a damn handout. I was attempting to offer a suggestion as to what would get more people to actually test if in fact the goal is to get large numbers on there.

Fact is, a lot of people aren't going to test if a) the gameplay isn't any more than marginally different from production and :P they're not accumulating CBills and XP at the same time. You can argue all you want that people *should* test without needing incentives--and I agree!--but the fact is they're not, clearly, and I was really just trying to come up with something that wouldn't cost PGI anything and might get more people on test.

#110 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostTynan, on 27 June 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

I was personally on public test for this and every other one I was able to play for. This isn't about *me* specifically, it's about getting a large population to play this. And frankly, I've sunk more money into this game than any other single game in my life, so this isn't about wanting a damn handout. I was attempting to offer a suggestion as to what would get more people to actually test if in fact the goal is to get large numbers on there.

Fact is, a lot of people aren't going to test if a) the gameplay isn't any more than marginally different from production and :blink: they're not accumulating CBills and XP at the same time. You can argue all you want that people *should* test without needing incentives--and I agree!--but the fact is they're not, clearly, and I was really just trying to come up with something that wouldn't cost PGI anything and might get more people on test.

Cbills and xp aren't the issue really if you are F2P only. However those like myself who are losing premium time to do so is. For a straight F2P player you are losing just grind time. I on the other hand am losing paid time.

Simple solution: Each PTS = 1 day premium time

#111 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 26 June 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

So the over whelming comments are, give us free stuffs or screw your testing.
MW deserves a better community.
You reap what you sow PGI.
This is the community you dumped your dedicated MW fanbase for...

Neg. Equivalent exchange should suffice. Sure mech bays or bonus stuff is nice, but all I want is to get back what I give in premium time.

Burning a day of premium time should equal gaining a day of premium time. Give X days premium time to those who participate in Y number of matches. There's a few ways you could do this... but all in all, what I want is just to be reimbursed the time I spend testing to be given back in premium time somehow.

#112 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

Yeah, I agree here. If you take time out to play the PTS and you are using Premium time, you should be compensated for the time. Otherwise, you don't deserve anything - although perhaps they could give you a million c-bills for helping or 5000GXP (which is useful for some folks).

Frankly for me, if you want this to work do it over a full weekend. Open it up, see what the data shows. Window was ill timed and too short and I didn't log in.

(quick edit: realizing this would be abused, you should also require a minimum number of drops or time logged in, otherwise folks would log on once, play one game for premium time and go back to the regular server, also defeating the purpose)

Edited by Why Run, 30 June 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#113 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

they already had a 'play 5 matches get a day of premium time' test.i got into 1 match in 90 minutes of trying, thats when i uninstalled the test server.i wasnt going to try for 5 matches in 7.5 hours.if clan mechs were patched into a test instead of owners redeeming them it wouldnt stress the system, and people might test them and maybe even have purchased them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users