#41 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 July 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

More official events are en route. For now, please do keep in contact with me with regards to Community Created Events and I will be promoting these in the meantime. :)

Niko, dont get me wrong, we love PGI Events, we do.
the problem is there just isnt enough of them.

Not everything you guys do come up with need be "huge" event.
Its the little things that matter, like the change of the turret markers in the mini map, now they really look different than the base. Its a small change, but a damn good one.

having a few 'mini' events is cool to. Stealth events are also cool (the ones where players dont even know they are "in" the event).

Everyone wants to win something. Little give aways go a long ways.

#42 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 21 July 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Oh, you mean like LOYALTY POINTS

You know, those things that were sold as part of the Phoenix pack, were never delivered, but they were always in the game from the start, but they just don't work.

Don't make me laugh.

NikoLIE is just carrying on with the same ol' same ol' company line:

"SOON"™

then please talk about that in a thread pertaining to LP this is about events, not LP :)

View Postvettie, on 21 July 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

Niko, dont get me wrong, we love PGI Events, we do.
the problem is there just isnt enough of them.

Not everything you guys do come up with need be "huge" event.
Its the little things that matter, like the change of the turret markers in the mini map, now they really look different than the base. Its a small change, but a damn good one.

having a few 'mini' events is cool to. Stealth events are also cool (the ones where players dont even know they are "in" the event).

Everyone wants to win something. Little give aways go a long ways.

^this player gets it

#43 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Almost 2 months of no-PGI events, I was starting to think noone cared.

Giving that impression is not good for business.

#44 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 July 2014 - 06:01 PM, said:

Almost 2 months of no-PGI events, I was starting to think noone cared.

Giving that impression is not good for business.

exactly

#45 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Where is the underhive to promote community these days? Too busy writing clan mechs are OP threads?

#46 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 22 July 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Otherwise, please note that we do have an event coming up for the introduction of the IS vs Clan matchmaking.

Go on....

#47 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

View Post1453 R, on 26 June 2014 - 02:24 PM, said:

You didn't get a free Centurion, or Thunderbolt, or 'Mech bay? o_O

Wait, when did they give away a Thunderbolt, and how did I miss it? :)

#48 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Posted Image

#49 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 22 July 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

Wow, I glossed over that in my profile. I guess I assumed I bought that mech at some point heh.

#50 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

Otherwise, please note that we do have an event coming up for the introduction of the IS vs Clan matchmaking.

This is the first I've heard of both the event and IS vs Clan matchmaking. I am pleased about both.

Out of interest, how was the interest in the last tournament? Can you talk about that? I would have thought that it generated a lot of interest and really brought MWO fans together, like the world cup for soccer fans. But given the rarity of such tournaments, I'm inclined to think that the interest generated by tournaments is not enough to justify the time it takes for you guys to work on them. It's a bit early for the players to guess about the impact from the last tournament, since it was fairly recent. I'd just be guessing.

Does the competitive scene generate enough interest to warrant more focus on high level tournaments in the future, or do you guys plan to focus more on broader events, that cater to the average Joe Mechwarrior?

#51 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

It's all well and good to demand that we focus more Dev resources in events. But when you are also jumping into many other subjects and making the same demands for our full and utter attention, eyebrows start to raise.

Keep in mind that we are not an enormous team:
We aren't inherently against working on more events but we also recognize the temporal nature of them. The community at large wants to see us put our efforts into things which will have a more lasting effect like Community Warfare. We could certainly draw resources away from this in favour of generating more events, but this would be irresponsible to the game in the face of the other challenges ahead of us.

In the meantime, it is far more worth our while to promote Community Events: Not only do they take some of that temporary work off our shoulders so we can put our energy where it's needed most, but they also act as a proving ground for tournament and contest ideas which we can then replicate and augment in our own official events.

understood Niko but

The old "we're a small starving company" tagline is wearing thin. Employment spots haven't been filled in nearly 3 years. PGI, according to their own words, are "showing record numbers of logins, selling clan mechs like crazy, etc." They're successful by their own admission, get those positions filled, hire some interns, Do what you gotta do.

It doesn't take much to set up an event alongside of the sales they're so fond of offering. It doesn't have to be an event that involves participation of the dev team. There's tons of options that would allow them to offer earning something over a weekend. Sorry if that sounds snarky but things like this are what build the actual community party of this game. Giving something to do besides gloat about your kdr and w/l records. Thank you for responding though! I'm hoping the clan/is event doesn't require a lucky draw of facing off against clan mechs in a random MM situation. That was the biggest problem with "hunt dev" type events. It excludes every player who isn't lucky enough to find a dev in the game and then lucky enough to get the kill shot

#52 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 July 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

understood Niko but

The old "we're a small starving company" tagline is wearing thin. Employment spots haven't been filled in nearly 3 years. PGI, according to their own words, are "showing record numbers of logins, selling clan mechs like crazy, etc." They're successful by their own admission, get those positions filled, hire some interns, Do what you gotta do.

It doesn't take much to set up an event alongside of the sales they're so fond of offering. It doesn't have to be an event that involves participation of the dev team. There's tons of options that would allow them to offer earning something over a weekend. Sorry if that sounds snarky but things like this are what build the actual community party of this game. Giving something to do besides gloat about your kdr and w/l records.

I agree, I have been hearing a lot of people sick of hearing "we're a small starving company" thing.

I'm not saying they need to have a give away every weekend for some sort of Tourney/Event that is nothing more then a "How many hours can you play" thing.

Perhaps a "Dedicated Player Event", where new players that have under 100 matches can win a new paint job or cockpit item if they win 22 matches..

Call it the "Catch 22" Weekend Event. for newer players.

Edited by Odins Fist, 22 July 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#53 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hell yeah to this I'm all for killing a dev *they have yet to shown any real skill* and get a bunch of cbills for it or get some premium time or something cool, another mechbay though I dont really need anymore.

They gotta do something to attract people into their game for fun, the dark horizons game is gonna be eating away at this since it has a version of cw already and it's gonna expand as time goes by, since it also a mech game a clone of mechwarrior 4 really just reskinned pgi really should be doing something to make their game stand out and be fun.

Frankly I'm pretty bored of the same match over and over.

#54 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

http://warthunder.co...ws/748/current/

this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. This could easily be done here as they've run (very few mind you) stuff like this in the past so I know the framework is there for it.

and this is one of the main reasons I keep coming back to warthunder. They're always running something so even if I "don't feel like it" I'll log in and usually play through the first win on each nation to get the bonuses.

#55 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

What about that whole Clan vs IS thing? You guys clearly have the ability to turn this feature on, so why don't you turn it into an official event instead of just randomly springing it on us for a couple hours in the middle of a weekday afternoon.

Hell, you could even give out small rewards for playing X number of games in an IS mech and X number of games in a Clan mech.

Edited by Jman5, 31 July 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#56 Green Mamba

• Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

VAPORJOBS...I am starting to think those are listed just give the Impression the Company is looking to expand while not really hiring :)

#57 rageagainstthedyingofthelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 306 posts
  • LocationTerra Therma, shut down

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostSandpit, on 26 June 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

guys I love snark as much as the next person but can you end your snark with "yes we want more of this!" or "no we don't like this idea" (although if you're going to express negativity about an idea that does nothing but promote community, popularity of the game, increases longevity, etc. I'd also like to know why)

Remember, (regardless of personal opinion on whether PGI listens or not) if you want a dev team to consider something you've got to show support for it from the unwashed masses :)

I agree, it sucks when some one is trying to ask a valid questions a bunch of peeps jump his case when the troll urge kicks in. It really is terrible.

#58 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 31 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

VAPORJOBS GHOST JOBS...I am starting to think those are listed just give the Impression the Company is looking to expand while not really hiring :)

Fixed for you.

#59 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostJman5, on 31 July 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

What about that whole Clan vs IS thing? You guys clearly have the ability to turn this feature on, so why don't you turn it into an official event instead of just randomly springing it on us for a couple hours in the middle of a weekday afternoon.

Hell, you could even give out small rewards for playing X number of games in an IS mech and X number of games in a Clan mech.

That would be nice. Actually a better way to do that is to hole those events on the PST. They'd get overrun by participation by letting players take out clan mechs instead of having to make do with small numbers.

#60 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 21 July 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Oh, you mean like LOYALTY POINTS

You know, those things that were a major selling point of the Phoenix pack, that have never been delivered, but it turns out that those things were always in the game from the start after all, but they just don't work. Per Ekman.

Don't make me laugh.

NikoLIE is just carrying on with the same ol' same ol' company line:

"SOON"™

You post this same rant in every thread you post in. Why are you so butt hurt about fantasy points that do nothing? Let's be real. You didn't buy the Phoenix pack because of the loyalty points. You bought them because you wanted the mechs.

Hellen, I grant you 1 billion loyalty points. Feel better?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users