• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostRetroActive, on 31 July 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

You post this same rant in every thread you post in. Why are you so butt hurt about fantasy points that do nothing? Let's be real. You didn't buy the Phoenix pack because of the loyalty points. You bought them because you wanted the mechs.

Hellen, I grant you 1 billion loyalty points. Feel better?

you do realize you just resurrected a quote that had been quelled and quieted almost 2 weeks ago and has no bearing on the topic right...? lol

#62 RetroActive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostSandpit, on 31 July 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

you do realize you just resurrected a quote that had been quelled and quieted almost 2 weeks ago and has no bearing on the topic right...? lol

I do realize this. :)

I just now read it, though. It bothered me every time Hellen posted it before and this was the "I have to say something" breaking point for me.

YES YES! MORE SANCTIONED EVENTS!! That better?

#63 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Well, we are 2 months devoid of PGI events, so I guess we're going to have a double XP weekend of some sort soon.

#64 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

Good topic Sandpit,

as for the mech giveaways, I already owned those mechs, so no biggie. Got two mech bays and sold the mechs. As for PGI is a starving company, apparently I cannot type the words needed to convey how much I disbelieve this.

We are working hard on CW, yet have time to completely screw over modules and then closely monitor it so that later in the day Bryan can gloat on ngng podcast about the sales of consumables rising.

Yeah, once again, if Bryan has time to order then make developers to screw up modules so that sales of consumables can rise and then have the time to track it in real time.

Once again, I cannot use words here to describe how I feel about this.

PGI needs to make MWO what they promised they would make it. CW is the first step, real role warfare. Not everyone is the commander and can call in arty/air strikes.

Then put someone full time on keeping the community engaged. When doing on the fly data gathering, perhaps have a header in the lobby before a drop letting everyone know they are part of the testing and what is different. Then perhaps give them a double xp for helping. Things like that go a long way.

It lets the community know you are working for their benefit, it shows them they can help. It even rewards them for being there. You could even announce certain time frames each day/week/month this is going to happen so players can try to be logged in and playing during the mini testing event.

So many things that could be done and just are ignored or hidden for no real reason.

PGI, most of us are hard core fans of BT and MW and will help if you were only just a bit more open and honest about how things are working and why choices are made that do not benefit gameplay but only benefit cash flow. If you want the community to believe you have no resources and are cash poor. Prove it. Otherwise do not claim something that cannot be verified. It makes you look like a used car salesman. Just saying.

Great topic and sorry I wandered. But PGI needs to be more involved. More Honest, and upfront.

Based on all the promises I was given over and over. I have invested heavily in this game, not just money but time helping anyway I can, when I can. I usually try to be positive and constructive. Because eventually PGI will finally fix things, or at least adjust them to where they are not to bad.

I would like to see an arty/air free weekend. Penalize its use and give prizes for those who do not use it. Same for ecm free weekend, or lrm free weekend. Etc. Have people try out new things, get rewarded for it. Change the meta by showing people there are other ways to play. Stock mech weekend, etc.

Trial mech weekend, use only trial mechs for 20 matches and get x, y or z.

So many things can be done, yet just more of the same and long time between more of the same.

Chris

#65 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

No doubt we'll get more of these events right after we get more maps...

#66 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 31 July 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Well, we are 2 months devoid of PGI events, so I guess we're going to have a double XP weekend of some sort soon.

yea but I'd much rather see people jump on this thread. I mean I can't blame PGI for not making this any kind of priority when all we have is 4 pages, half of which were just trolls from my fan club trying to derail a topic because I started lol :)

#67 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

You have a fan club, wow.

Chris

#68 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostSandpit, on 31 July 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

yea but I'd much rather see people jump on this thread. I mean I can't blame PGI for not making this any kind of priority when all we have is 4 pages, half of which were just trolls from my fan club trying to derail a topic because I started lol :)

To be honest... playing this game would qualify many people as "insane" due to excessive repetition and monotony.

We are those inmates running the asylum... or so I'm told.

#69 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

View Postwwiiogre, on 31 July 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

You have a fan club, wow.

Chris

sure do, just watch my posts and threads. So how man of the same people just follow me from thread to thread posting nothing on topic just to try and bait me into circle jerk arguing with them :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users