So Here's An Update

82 replies to this topic

#1 Tetryon88

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

It's actually Chiefpuffabong (no shame, he's my unit mate) who has the bounty on your head and he isn't exactly trying to keep it a secret. I wouldn't be too eager to try and hunt the Falcons. You may find yourself quickly becoming the hunted, rather than the hunter.

See you in game Surat!

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

So bad to see this. You do not event try to recognize him as a Clan warrior and thus granting him a challenge in a Circle of Equals to settle the matter..

#3 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Hey don't say anything. They haven't recognized that they are not being Clan like yet. It takes a few days for Falcons to remember they are Clansmen not bounty hunters.

Use of contractions......quite clan like Marack Drock. ;-)

#4 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

I find a warrior who claims that we are unclanlike but has stated that he wants to fight alongside a house Steiner warrior to clip jade falcon wings quite the hypocrite. See you on the battlefield, just remember clan jade falcon achieves thier goals by any means necessary.

#5 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

Hey do not say anything. They have not recognized that they are not being Clan like yet. It takes a few days for Falcons to remember they are Clansmen not bounty hunters.

Haven't and didn't

#6 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

What do mean by Contractions in this context?

You were pointing out how the Falcons did not realize they were being un-clan like, yet you did so using contractions, which any true born clan warrior would never use as it also un-clan like.

Anyhow I was just busting your chops. No biggie :-)

#7 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAnoka, Minnesota, USA

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Also the clipping Jade Falcon Wings with a Lyran was a joke. The Clipping wings on its own was serious. Why would I join my ex Lyran brothers again? Seriously?

Does not sound like a joke to me Drock. Sounds more like you are a follower of the Warden mindset to protect the Spheroids from the aggressive stance of the Crusader minded Falcons.

#8 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

So apparently Grimwill has had his Galaxy put a bounty on my head. Apparently he wants the whole Clan to hunt me down and kill me every time they see me. I love it. It means I am doing me job as their rival. Also means I will be able to make sport out of Jade Turkeys. I love Jade Turkey around Thanksgiving. I think I will save a few of them for November.

I was thinking of starting a Jade Pigeon hunting party. Anyone want to join?

Chief issued the challenge, not "his Galaxy". Chief is not part of the Gyrfalcon leadership, nor am I. Issuing a "bounty" on other clan warriors is un-clan like, but if you were to take offense to his "bounty" and issue a batchall, I would gladly join my fellow Falcons in showing you Wolves your place.

Edited by Edward Mattlov, 30 June 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#9 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Well my RP character is not Trueborn. I don't much like the idea of being born in a metal tank. My RP is that I was taken from the Lyran Commonwealth early in the Invasion and learned my true destiny.

Well even non-true borners tended to not use contractions, but who am I to tell you how to do your RP :-)

Enjoy and good luck! :-)

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 30 June 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Well even non-true borners tended to not use contractions, but who am I to tell you how to do your RP :-)

Enjoy and good luck! :-)

Actually, if you read the Jade Phoenix trilogy, Horse and the other freeborns of Clan Jade Falcon use contractions quite often ;)

#11 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Well I am a Warden kinda why I am in Clan Wolf. Seriously if I was a blood thirsty killer I would join Jade Pigeon or Smoke Jaguar.

Well, not all of Clan Wolf is a Warden. Clan Wolf was mainly Warden until the after effects of the Battle of Tukayid. Then they went full Crusader. Which is why we have the lovely Wolf-in-Exile which is grouped with the Lyrans. BAM! Worked on your character in one thread.

#12 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Well I am a Warden kinda why I am in Clan Wolf. Seriously if I was a blood thirsty killer I would join Jade Pigeon or Smoke Jaguar.

If you insist on referring to Jade Falcons as "Jade Pigeons" I will refer to you as "sad puppies".

View PostCyclonerM, on 30 June 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Actually, if you read the Jade Phoenix trilogy, Horse and the other freeborns of Clan Jade Falcon use contractions quite often ;)

Horse was not part of the Warrior caste. Lower caste members used contractions in their speech.

#13 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Until 3138 when Both Wolf factions combine into a new Warden Clan Wolf again. Also despite the Crusader bent time with Ward he was not a bad leader by any stretch, and was key to rebuilding the Wolf touman which was used when both factions joined together to take Terra and become ilClan.

Acutally Marack, you have your canon off by quite a few light years when it comes to 3138 and the Dark Ages. The Wolves do not merge together as one clan. They are still the Crusader minded Clan Wolf and the Warden minded Clan Wolf-in-Exile.

What they did together was merge technologies to try and become one clan again along with the Clan Wolf transfer to their new location between the Lyran Commonwealth and the newly reformed Free World's League. When Clan Wolf felt that the Archon was trying to put a leash on the Wolves, like they felt the Wolf-in-Exile were done, they snapped back at the Archon and was very nearly able to conquer Tharkad. The Wolf-in-Exiles protected the border against the Jade Falcons and the Mad Malvina incursion into the Commonwealth.

About that last part and the ilClan. I do not know how to say this properly so I will just say it straightforward. NO! The walls of the Fortress are still up and the farthest any Wolf or Falcon advance got was to the walls of the old Prefecture X. Catalyst has hinted at pushing the timeline to the year 3250 and releasing a sourcebook called ilClan, but to who took claimed the title and how, is still just rumors.

#14 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 June 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

You want posts from several Lore bread players here which is where I got the information? (I may have the date off but it happened according to several players).

Actually would be quite fun to rain on their parades ;)

#15 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

"(...)But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles
Others fought, trying to cage it within the bars of
Thoughtless sameness.(...)"

#16 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

I was actually making a reference to these petty squabbles. Is not the Inner Sphere the appropriate enemy? Instead of wasting energy blasting each other we should be dispatching spheroid resistance.

#17 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

...and yet you honor those that instigated by acknowledging their noise? Reveling in it? Seems to me both sides could use a nice relaxing sit by a fire to think about where their hostilities belong, quiaff?

#18 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 30 June 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Ill have to go back and re-read those as I thought I recalled Horse not using them......but then again.....that was 20+ years ago.

#19 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostAdamBaines, on 30 June 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

Ill have to go back and re-read those as I thought I recalled Horse not using them......but then again.....that was 20+ years ago.

I recall Aidan having to get used to contractions.. Like Joanna with tech Nomad.

#20 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 30 June 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

I recall Aidan having to get used to contractions.. Like Joanna with tech Nomad.

I agree. Pretty sure your right on Horse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users