41 replies to this topic

#1 JimLahey

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

Why can I STILL not filter the trial mechs out of my mech bay? All that needs to be done is add an "owned" tab in the mech bay. This new filter is rubbish. Trial mechs are for plebeians and have no place in my mech bay.

#2 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

IT's product placement. I don't see it ever going away because sales is what keeps them in business.

#3 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

It had better go away, it is annoying as hell.

#4 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Please let us filter them out. :)

#5 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

I agree with being able to filter them out.

Especially if you own the friggin thing. :)

#6 Pkunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

I concur. Lose those annoying trial mechs.. Even as product placement they make no sense.

#7 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostPodex, on 02 July 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

IT's product placement. I don't see it ever going away because sales is what keeps them in business.

Friend, as it's been said before, once a player has contributed a certain amount of money, say $150, to the game, do you think they should be subjected to viewing trial mechs cluttering their mech bay? Do you really think players who have contributed this much need 'in-your-face' advertising to drop hard cash?

Once you are a proven contributor to the game, there should be a bonus given to filter out these abominations!

Common sense!

#8 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

I totally agree, then again I'm not the tycoon behind the name

#9 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

Still no filter? I'm kinda disappointed... so many people were in agreement about wanting this... should have been simple adjustments to the coding of the UI and the supporting artwork (I've modded some UI's before :))

#10 Deimir

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

It doesn't even make sense. When I filter Mechs by "OWNED," why would there be any left on the screen with a "BUY" button under them?

#11 Past

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

Yea i got exited when i saw the bits about the changes to mechlab in the notes then sad as nothing about filtering out the trials was mentioned. I am glad there was a small amount of improvements to the UI though lets hope more to come.

#12 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Well I agree that you should be able to filter them out of your "owned" tab just because like everyone else with 30, 40, 50 or more mechs, less clutter is definitely better.

However I actually like the Trial mechs, especially the Champion versions, because it often allows me to try out a mech I don't own. Case in point the current trial Blackjack. I would never has bought one just to try out the AC/20 on it but after playing the trial, I found it wasn't a bad mech. Another is the Atlas RS trial mech. I ran it for about 50-60 matches when it first came out, just to prove a point on the forums and honestly found it to be one of my most successful mechs of all times/

So anyway, nothing wrong with the trial mechs however, they need to only exist on the trial mech tab were we can look at them at our leisure, not be forced to try to determine if it happens to be a mech we already own or a trial mech that is sitting in our bay.

#13 Billygoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

If I already own 2 CN9-A's, what exactly about having the trial mech showing up in my "owned" filter with a big yellow BUY button underneath is going to make me want a buy a third?

If it's an attempt to get people to spend, it's a really bad one. And if you guys would do a couple of quality of life things related to the mechlab and the store UI that AREN'T (or at least can't be interpreted as) a hamfisted attempt to squeeze out more money from people it would go a heck of a long way toward establishing some credibility with your customers. Just IMHO.

#14 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Wait isn't your garage filled with every type of rental car from the dealership down the street?

#15 DaManiac

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

I don't want my mechs mingling with those dirty trial mechs, you never know what bad habits they might get.

On a serious note. Take them out. It clutters the place. I would almost prefer it the previous way it was when they were bundled off to the side.

Put them on a separate section. I don't OWN these mechs, lest you want to give them to me, then I'll leave them there, sans the "buy" button.

#16 Demuder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

It's a pity that the new "select mech" UI feature is marred by the intrusive, unimaginative, cluttering, obstructing and downright insulting placement of the Trial mechs.

If not for the Trial mechs, the new UI design might actually have been a step forward instead of two steps backward.

#17 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

Make trial 'mechs only visible in the trial 'mechs filter... It could be so easy!!!

Edited by Veranova, 03 July 2014 - 03:25 AM.

#18 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

View PostSug, on 02 July 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

Wait isn't your garage filled with every type of rental car from the dealership down the street?

Its like you´re living downtown, with 10 parkingslots in front of your appartment...and 8 are filled with those "carsharing"-vehicles ;)

Please! PGI, move those trials at least to the bottom of the mechlist!

Edited by Mike McSullivan, 03 July 2014 - 05:24 AM.

#19 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

View PostPodex, on 02 July 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Fine, then at least filter out the dang trial mechs I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED.

#20 Solemkof

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

I was looking forward to changes in the Owned filter and then got disappointed.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users