91 replies to this topic

#41 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 July 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

then refer back to the whole company commander button to reorder lances :D

Even still, it's not hard to type at the beginning of a match and give locations so you can hook up with your group member.

Again, I'm just pointing out that while it might be annoying to you, it's far from game breaking and a minor inconvenience at best when you have tools to fix it available

no we dont have the tols to fix it, we have the tools to push the problem onto other people. i guess you forgot about the rampant team killing that went on when they first gave us the ability to move people around, id rather not see that kind of crap return.

Edited by Hellcat420, 07 July 2014 - 01:40 PM.

#42 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 07 July 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

no we dont have the tols to fix it, we have the tools to push the problem onto other people. i guess you forgot about the rampant team killing that went on when they first gave us the ability to move people around, id rather not see that kind of crap return.

report them
take company commander to move people
ignore the rude comments

there's tools. This is one of thsoe things where players being dbags about something isn't something I see as PGI's "problem" other than punishing players who break the rules (IE TK, harassment, etc) when you report them.

That was just like "blaming" PGI for putting in a 60 second timer because players were being dbags and refusing to ready up. You can't put stuff like that on PGI.

#43 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 July 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

report them
take company commander to move people
ignore the rude comments

there's tools. This is one of thsoe things where players being dbags about something isn't something I see as PGI's "problem" other than punishing players who break the rules (IE TK, harassment, etc) when you report them.

That was just like "blaming" PGI for putting in a 60 second timer because players were being dbags and refusing to ready up. You can't put stuff like that on PGI.

it is pgi's problem when they split up small groups for no valid reason when there are other options available. and i did not blame pgi for the teamkilling.

Edited by Hellcat420, 07 July 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#44 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 03 July 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

this is bad. I do not drop in a group to be put in a lance full of derps on the other side of the map from my friends. your new matchmaker is garbage. it also discourages teamwork.

Really, your suggestion is to pull solo pugs to group queue... that is idiotic, at least you are on comms so you can actually group up with your wingman and then "go derp" with your friend as you propably were planning. You of course fail to see that actually being split up give you some insight what kind of team your are running with. For splitting of the smallest, team there really isn't any option which will please everyone. Deal with it and work with your team.

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 03 July 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Keeping in mind that we have a limit of three lances and four players per lance, and that we also want to keep matchmaking within acceptable time parameters: I'd invite you to offer a suggestion of how you would rather see this implemented.

While on this subject, have you guys given up any thought we could see own team groups in pre-game screen?
And after game all groups.

Seeing own group composition would be really helpfull, because sorting it though chat window is a useless excersize and you'd immidiately get an idea whick people will be sticking together and easier to try to work with other groups or with 2-4 group in pugs.

#45 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 07 July 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Really, your suggestion is to pull solo pugs to group queue... that is idiotic, at least you are on comms so you can actually group up with your wingman and then "go derp" with your friend as you propably were planning. You of course fail to see that actually being split up give you some insight what kind of team your are running with. For splitting of the smallest, team there really isn't any option which will please everyone. Deal with it and work with your team.

that is no more idiotic than throwing small groups in pug drops. and no, im not on coms when im in small groups.

#46 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 07 July 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

it is pgi's problem when they split up small groups for no valid reason when there are other options available. and i did not blame pgi for the teamkilling.

I never said you did

I'm pointing out what's been said in this, and many other threads.

splitting up a premade across different lances simply isn't an issue in my eyes. What difference does it make? How does it change your game outcome? How does it change your gameplay?

It doesn't, other than causing irritation. Now keep in mind that I drop in premades the majority of the time so I understand exactly where your'e coming from, I just don't see how it's anything other than a very minor inconvenience that really shouldn't be a big deal considering there are ways to "fix" it when it happens.

#47 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

I never said you did

splitting up a premade across different lances simply isn't an issue in my eyes. What difference does it make? How does it change your game outcome? How does it change your gameplay?

It doesn't, other than causing irritation. Now keep in mind that I drop in premades the majority of the time so I understand exactly where your'e coming from, I just don't see how it's anything other than a very minor inconvenience that really shouldn't be a big deal considering there are ways to "fix" it when it happens.

it changes gameplay by leaving at least one lance shorthanded during the match becuase one of the lance members ran off to play with the other person in his group(which is the whole point of forming a group). just because you might like to play derpball zerg does not mean everyone likes to play that way.

Edited by Hellcat420, 07 July 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#48 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

I never said you did

I have a slightly different issue. When we do 10-man drops, we have to grab command and rearrange all of our lances and then spend the time reforming to fight according to our plan, as we are dropped all over the place.

If we were all in light mechs? Not a problem. When you are an assault lance and move at 63kph on Alpine? BIG problem. We are on comms, and communication is not the issue. The time it takes to get back where you are supposed to be grouped, though, is a big issue.

#49 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 07 July 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

it changes gameplay by leaving at least one lance shorthanded during the match becuase one of the lance members ran off to play with the other person in his group(which is the whole point of forming a group). just because you might like to play derpball zerg does not mean everyone likes to play that way.

How does it leave a lance "short-handed"? Does your lance magically lose a player from the match? How about you leave out personal insults and maintain an adult conversation and discussion instead?

View PostCimarb, on 07 July 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

I have a slightly different issue. When we do 10-man drops, we have to grab command and rearrange all of our lances and then spend the time reforming to fight according to our plan, as we are dropped all over the place.

If we were all in light mechs? Not a problem. When you are an assault lance and move at 63kph on Alpine? BIG problem. We are on comms, and communication is not the issue. The time it takes to get back where you are supposed to be grouped, though, is a big issue.

that's why we have a 60 second timer as well though. So you have time to do all those things before readying up.

#50 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 July 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

How does it leave a lance "short-handed"? Does your lance magically lose a player from the match? How about you leave out personal insults and maintain an adult conversation and discussion instead?

yes, thats exactly what that means.

#51 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostHellcat420, on 07 July 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

yes, thats exactly what that means.

ok, since you have no desire to have a discussion on this I'll say good day to you sir. :(

#52 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 July 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

that's why we have a 60 second timer as well though. So you have time to do all those things before readying up.

You only have a 60 second timer if there are disconnects or slow loaders, otherwise you have 10. Even if you get a full ten, that is hardly enough time to move everyone around in most circumstances. I really think PGI should remove the timer bump in the group queue, as you either have organized teams that will all ready up quick or mixed teams that will actually be able to use that time for "tidying up" things like this.

#53 Euphor Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOz (Australia)

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

Problem:
Team members are dropping in less than desirable places, away from their support classes because matchmaker doesn't know or care who wants to start next to who.

Solution:
Allow re-organization of lances in pre-game, where you not only change somebody's lance, but dropzone too.

Example: river city dropship spawn (alpha lance for northern team) on skirmish (dropship hell - imho the worst spawn point of any map for a slow mech) you have one dire wolf drop there, with three other faster mechs.
The fast mechs run off (because that position will be swarmed by alpha lance of the opposing team very quickly) and the dire wolf is left to waddle away. Chances are he will die before he reaches the upper city, and the rest of his team.
If you can re-organise before the game you could put the faster mechs there, allowing them to get back to the team in relative safety.
It will also allow you to re-arrange your team so support mechs can be closer to those who need support.

#54 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostSandpit, on 07 July 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

ok, since you have no desire to have a discussion on this I'll say good day to you sir. :(

Looking at his posts, he's probably 14 and having discussion with differing viewpoints can be difficult at that age... anyways this is non-issue for anyone sensible.
Then again whereas I'd really appreciate seeing my own sides groups, would immediately tell how things are propably gonna go and who should/will take leadership in the fight.

#55 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostEuphor Kell, on 07 July 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

Problem:
Team members are dropping in less than desirable places, away from their support classes because matchmaker doesn't know or care who wants to start next to who.

Solution:
Allow re-organization of lances in pre-game, where you not only change somebody's lance, but dropzone too.

Example: river city dropship spawn (alpha lance for northern team) on skirmish (dropship hell - imho the worst spawn point of any map for a slow mech) you have one dire wolf drop there, with three other faster mechs.
The fast mechs run off (because that position will be swarmed by alpha lance of the opposing team very quickly) and the dire wolf is left to waddle away. Chances are he will die before he reaches the upper city, and the rest of his team.
If you can re-organise before the game you could put the faster mechs there, allowing them to get back to the team in relative safety.
It will also allow you to re-arrange your team so support mechs can be closer to those who need support.

You must have saw my match the other night, as that is EXACTLY what happened to me. I did make it to the Citadel alive, but with no torso armor and only half of my weapons... Fight did not get much better after that... That spawn point it HORRIBLE.

Edit: actually, I think you mean the upper city dropship, which is not nearly as bad as lower city dropship... At least upper city has cover to protect you from snipers as soon as the match starts!

Edited by Cimarb, 08 July 2014 - 06:01 AM.

#56 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostCimarb, on 07 July 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

You only have a 60 second timer if there are disconnects or slow loaders, otherwise you have 10. Even if you get a full ten, that is hardly enough time to move everyone around in most circumstances. I really think PGI should remove the timer bump in the group queue, as you either have organized teams that will all ready up quick or mixed teams that will actually be able to use that time for "tidying up" things like this.

do you not remember the rage threads for the "audacity" of PGI adding in a whole 60 seconds to be able to do this kind of stuff in the first place?

#57 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostSandpit, on 08 July 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

do you not remember the rage threads for the "audacity" of PGI adding in a whole 60 seconds to be able to do this kind of stuff in the first place?

Yes, but that was before there was a POINT to having that time, lol.

Edit for their there thar...

Edited by Cimarb, 08 July 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#58 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostCimarb, on 08 July 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

Yes, but that was before there was a POINT to having that time, lol.

Edit for their there thar...

This community is no different now. You'd still have the same ones raging and wailing and flailing as before. PGI even explained that it was put in place specifically for this and they STILL raged against it.

#59 Valten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

I don't know. I had my 6 man get split between all three lances last night.

#60 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

Increase the number of available lances a la the squad system in Battlefield 4 where there are many more squads than there are players, so everyone can squad up with their buddies. If lances must always spawn the same place, introduce set spawnpoints for each lance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users