72 replies to this topic

#41 Dino1a

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

Hello
Just finished my first Dragon Roars Night and it was GREAT. Went out and bought a couple of "K" variants to spice up my mechlabs. Looking forward to more Drgon Drop Fridays

#42 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:01 AM

Mana and Arkab, thanks for organising and hosting. Had some fun drops. See you next time hopefully.

#43 kazlaton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

I had fun with my new K2, met a few of the Arkab's and even stayed around doing some drops with them after the event. A good time all around.

#44 Thorn Fidelis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFixing Weaponry Like Sharpening Knifes For Efficient Kombat Effectivness

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

I Am Looking To Try Out For Kurita Clan And See If I Like You Guys Or Not.

#45 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Konnichi-wa Shiro Takachi

This thread will list most of the House units and Merc corps that are loyal to House Kurita.

http://mwomercs.com/...aconis-combine/

You will find the Unit Team speak listed in their recruitment thread, do not hesitate to join in and drop with
these fine units, None will require you to join Prior to Mech Stomping with them.

Enjoy the battles, decide which team fits you best.

Bow
Muskrat

#46 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

Stock Mech 3025 Night

The next Dragon Roars event will be a stock mech 3025 night, the idea is to get people to have fun outside the min/maxed meta games, and stock mech brings a whole new set of challenges.

TS Info: ts.nstalkers.com (No Password)
Time: 5pm EST - 10pm EST
Date: Friday 25/07/14

Rules:
1. Mechs must be run as stock loadout from sale
2. No hero or champion mechs
3. No Modules allowed
4. Mechs can not have the following equipment/upgrades... ECM/artemis/er lasers or er ppc/pulse laser/ultra acs/gauss, no double heatsinks or endosteel.
5. Will be run in private lobbies, school yard picks to make even teams until running 12's

Any questions please feel free to poke at me.

#47 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

Sounds good. Will try to drop in again Friday. These are fun.

#48 Strikken

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

Oh you know I'll be there :)

#49 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Sounds like fun, but what if my mech comes stock with PPC/Gauss etc? Also does it have to be a Kurita mech? I would like to participate if I can, just wanna make sure I understand.

Edited by ShinobiHunter, 22 July 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#50 kazlaton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

They do not have to be Kurita mechs, ShinobiHunter. According to rule 4, a mech with regular PPCs is fine, but a mech with gauss is not.

#51 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

View Postkazlaton, on 22 July 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

They do not have to be Kurita mechs, ShinobiHunter. According to rule 4, a mech with regular PPCs is fine, but a mech with gauss is not.

Yeah Kaz is right here, these rules are based off the current running stock mech 3025 tech 1 nights. So you wouldn't be able to use that chassis.

#52 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

#53 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

Your welcome

#54 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

thanks for putting this on our server :) i apologize for our lack of attendance, the vast majority of us are 9est and later B)

#55 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:43 AM

Actually Stealth, you had quite a few people turn up towards the end. They still got plenty of games in!

I would like to thank all the members of 3rd Takata, 9th Sword, Arkab and NightScorn who participated in last nights events, I really had a good time and actually didn't want to leave at the end, although having to get up the next morning kind of forced my hand. ;)

As people saw at the end last night, the event nights are a little flexible, if people need a bit of a break - we can and do change things up a bit...

1 on 1 duels in trial chassis, all one chassis runs and such were done towards the end.

These events are not fixed in stone! They can be adjusted and adapted as the night goes to ensure that everyone has a good set of fun. And on that point, I am open to suggestions to event types that people would like to run, also the hosting rotation is open to other units to help with their exposure and publicity.

#56 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:29 AM

I really enjoyed the stock 3025. It feels like a completely different game...a better game even. Great idea and am already looking forward to the next iteration of this event hosted by the 9th Sword

#57 Grisha

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 20 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

Musashi, if you like running the stock mechs check out Stock Mech Mondays, Stock Mech Eras, or Tech 1 Saturdays. These are put on by the guys over at Mechforce Classic, http://mechforceclassic.enjin.com/home

Was a lot of fun last night. I am seldom off of work on Fridays and I really enjoyed meeting new people and all the drops.

#58 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

Thanks Grisha. I'll look into it. not sure Mondays work but saturdays might.

#59 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

Trial Mech Night

Ok so for this weeks Dragon Roar's Event, it's the battle of the trial mechs. Everyone on equal footing, no skill boosts, no modules just good old fashioned player skill. Come show off your mech jock abilities, have a laugh and make new friends around the house.

TS Info: 208.87.88.35:9988 PW: None
Time: 5pm EST - 10pm EST
Date: Friday 1st August

Rules:
1. Trial Mech's only - no owned champion chassis!

Teams will be made up as players turn up, running on a school yard picks system and changing around every 3 drops.

#60 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

I'd like to propose a fun "champions of the arena" event. Both teams can only attack players on their own team until there is only one mech on their side left standing. If one team gets their "champion" (last mech standing) before the other, the "champion" of that team can engage the enemy team but the enemy team cannot return fire until they get their own champion. The two remaining mechs engage in a final duel to declare the victor of the round.

This would be fun to do because team killing is normally penalized and frowned upon but in private lobbies there are no such restrictions. It would also be difficult to target weakened components on mechs on your team because you can't get target lock on them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users