72 replies to this topic

#1 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

With the changes to matchmaker, the lobby system and the new grouping system the game is now in a place where community level events can easily be organised and run. In the past I did organise and run sets of events for House Kurita.

So what I am going to try and do is restart that rolling event schedule. After discussion with members of my unit and the Night Scorn I am planning on hosting the event every Friday at 5pm EST for around 5 hours. With the first event scheduled to start on Friday 11th July. This is so that both US and EU players can intermix and intermingle with each other.

Unfortunately due to the server cap on the HK server, it won't be possible to run it from there so initially it will be hosted off our unit TS, however if numbers are to great for our server then the NightScorn have offered the use of their TS to host the event.

Rather than just run X event every week, the Dragon Roars Event will be random with a mixture of event and game types designed to give all players a chance to experience a bit of fun in different settings.

The Short Version:
Random Event Night every Friday at 5pm EST for 5 hours, hosted on Black-Foxes@enjinvoice.com and is open to ALL House Kurita members, other players regardless of faction are also welcome.

First Event Details to follow later today!

Edited by ManaValkyrie, 04 July 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#2 Zvestor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

Ah, he is back in town! ;)

Great work, as usual (although i am missing those great posters... :ph34r: )

I´ll spead the word in our unit, maybe get some guys to play.

#3 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

Posters will be coming too Zvestor. If necessary I can be a little flexible with the start time to accommodate our German Brothers.

#4 Zvestor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 04 July 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

Posters will be coming too

Mission acomplished. ;)

About starting time
If, and that´s a big if, I converted the time right, it will be no problem.
Most of the people do not have to work on saturdays...

I am going to ask another german unit. If enough people want to participate and they want to start earlier, i´ll let you know.

But there is alot going around, so i am not sure about the level of interest...

#5 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

Yeah I know you guys are fairly busy, being fair trying to schedule for multiple groups is never easy. But at the same time the idea is to help raise the visibility of all the HK units and help encourage both old and new players in.

#6 Zvestor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 04 July 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

Yeah I know you guys are fairly busy, being fair trying to schedule for multiple groups is never easy. But at the same time the idea is to help raise the visibility of all the HK units and help encourage both old and new players in.

Fairly busy....a bunch of chaotic, disorganized casual having fun might also be appropiate.
But I really like your idea behind, these days i do not recognize members of Arkab, Ronins our your unit ingame often.
(At least the names i tend to know) Might be a timezone thing...
So we will try to give some support.

#7 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

Chaos Orbital Drop

Date: Friday 11th July
Time: 5pm EST

... Sitting locked down in the cockpit of his battlemech inside the coffin like drop pod, Anders Kusangi "Black Fox Actual" sat listening to the dropship crew comms. The dropship was on final approach to the planet along with several others carrying the forward elements of the invasion force.

Anders winced at the sudden scream of incomming over the comms, followed by the sudden cutting off the channel. Doing a quick check of his instruments he hoped that the supporting aerospace fighters could protect them long enough to hit the dropzone otherwise this was going to get messy fast.

Suddenly the dropship lurched violently and he felt the ships attitude being manoeveured hard to minimize damage. For several minutes the Dropship manoeveured violently, all of a sudden there was a violent kick and Anders bounced hard against his seat as his drop pod ejected into freefall, initially tumbling.

Attitude jets fired and the pod rolled right, seconds later the initial chute deployed slowing the pod in the atmosphere, as the altitude dropped to the pod jettison altitude, Anders depressed the release button and the pod exploded away... His comm circuits suddenly came back to life filled with the chaos of random unit calls.

Pulling up his battle display and looking at the friendly returns and the topography, he grimaced, a regiments worth of mechs supposed to be dropping down onto a small region to secure the main landing zone were now scattered across a 150 mile stretch of the continent and about 50 miles further away from their objectives.

Anders reached out and punched his all channels override and spoke into his boom mike "This is Black Fox Actual, contigency plan Charlie in force, hit ground, regroup with the nearest friendly mechs and proceed to your nearest target beacon. Good Luck and Fight with Honour." Switching off the all channels circuit he was hitting his command rally beacon as he landed, without a second thought, he sped his mech up and started for the target nav points.

So for the first event, its an Old School Chaos Drop. The idea is simple, we all get into one channel, then synch drop into a chosen game time as solo players. However to keep things interesting everyone stays in the same chat channel, regardless of who or which sides of matches you end up on, hence the term Chaos drop.

The idea of this event is to promote team play with random players from many different units, and often who you play with and against will change with each drop.

On completion of your match, you get yourself ready and then switch to the next chat channel, everyone does the same, with the last ready person into the channel deciding the next match type, and then calling the launch count.

Basic Rules:
All stay in the same channel for the duration of your match
Only when completed and ready for the next match move to the next channel
You can pilot any mech you want
You are to drop solo only - Exception if 1 or 2 players are not matching with anyone at all they may ask to group in 2's.
Banter is acceptable - Insults and Abuse are not.

Note: These drops are usually very entertaining and fun, but can actually be surprisingly draining, feel free to take breaks and come back and rejoin.

Edited by ManaValkyrie, 04 July 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#8 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for organizing this Mana!

I'll make sure to put the word out to the Arkab Legions mailing list to let them know this Friday night event is available and open to them.

Cheers!

#9 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

@Shahadet

Thanks and you are welcome, hopefully we can get a turn out, and set it up for more regular event goodness.

As discussed last night with members of NightScorn and Arkab, I am perfectly willing to rotate the hosting of the Events between unit Teamspeak servers, so that all units get an equal share of involvement and reduces the friction of one unit always hosting it. It would also help units boost there recruitments evenly.

Also feel free to give me suggestions of event types you would like, I have already got a few ideas lined up and Yes Shahadet a Dragon Drop event is one of them :D

#10 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

Posted in our forums, so some of our members will be there.

I might be there if I get home from my dinner plans early. Forward the Dragon!

#11 Guinness530

Rookie

• Heishi-ni
  • Heishi-ni
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

Well I don't get off work until 14:00 pacific but i'll be there as soon as i'm able

#12 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

Well its planned in to run for about 5 hours of time spread to allow players from several timezones to be able to participate.

#13 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Hi. :(

#14 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostNova Latios Storm, on 08 July 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

Hi. :P

Hello... think ya got lost... FRR be over that'a' way... "points in a random direction" :)

#15 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Got it posted ! We are going to see if we can't get a few over on Friday

#16 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Posted Image

#17 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Nice. Gotta love the old school!

#18 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 08 July 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Nice. Gotta love the old school!

Thanks, although I feel I could have done so much more, but only have so much time right now with revising for exam friday morning and trying to finish an essay before the end of my term at the beginning of august plus everything else going on.

#19 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

Looking forward to some good fun drops with all the House Kurita folks this evening!

#20 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

I would like to thank the members of the Black Foxes, 36th Dieron, 9th Sword, NightScorn and Arkab Legions, as well as the individuals who showed up to play in the chaos drops last night. The numbers were not too bad for a kick off event and hopefully the next event will have more people in attendance.

And yes nearly 5 hours of chaos drops was entertaining at that time of the night for me!

Ok so for the next event night, it will be hosted at 5pm - 10pm EST and will be a Dragon Drop Night, by popular request. Next weeks venue is likely to be off the 2nd Arkab Teamspeak Server, confirmation of details to follow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users