Okay...i´m scared a little bit now...

5 replies to this topic

#1 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

... maybe the music helps a little... but ...dunno... if u see that, and how far the japanese are on AI´s and androids...

also interesting, very fictional, but some interesting footage though

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 21 June 2012 - 03:48 AM.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

Who cares about terminators? It's History Channel we'e talking about!

How much they went down with all this alien, futuristic nonsense. :D

#3 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

well, like i said, the second one is very fictional, and i don´t care for the story there... but i posted those vids just because
they show pretty well how far we already are , and give a nice glimps about how far we will push forward in the next years...

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 21 June 2012 - 04:49 AM.

#4 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

Agreed...The future reality is going to be far scarier than we can possibly imagine.
Until That Day!

#5 MechWarrior6478661

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

Here's the American Express...I'll take one!

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:05 AM

Not scared, I mean all they recently do is some rough estimated human like movement behaviors. True and real issue is packing an AI into this stuff, + all sensors and processing to make work with limited energy and making quick decisions.

and real cyborgs or better artificial life would probably be better without human shaped nature, because it would be able to furfiill specific purposes better.

and for future and scary stuff?

the true scary stuff is coming when our fossile fuel runs out BEFORE we have a solution, because then with our current powerconsumption we can not hold the state of the art of or civilised worlds civilisation. so then maybe, no power available at night for us, because of saving measurements. and then think further what happens if we can not support energy for all the hospitals were people are depended on machines as life support. and suddenly cureable injurues may not be able to treated by temporarily advanced medical support.
What if we can not hold the standard of our living, and all those medical supports who make people with issues like diabetes, bleders, hay fever or other similar minor medical issues can not be treated anymore by medicine.

Many many of the simple given things of today would disappear and cause a lot impact from inconvinent things up to a lot suffering.
Thats far more scary if you think about this than highly fictional weird stuff. But people do not think about them because they do now know about it. About how you would have to decide, who you treat, to prevent suffering or death, and who not. Our moderm medicine covers a lot of our genetical degeneration. But if this system gets lost or cna not be maintenanced, the results ... think about it.

Edited by Lily from animove, 26 January 2015 - 04:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users