Same Old Weapon Profile Sharing Problem

Bug Report

12 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Same old problem with profile sharing among mechs.

I deleted the current weapongroups.xml and created a new one by firing up the client.

Next, I created a number of weapon groupings in game. Then I manually counted the number of mech IDs that were created in the new weapongroups.xml. To my surprise, there were missing mech entries. Example, I created 5 fresh weapon groups but only 4 mech IDs were in the new xml file.

If that isn't enough, some mechs are sharing the same IDs. If you change the weapon group on a mech that is sharing that ID, it will apply across ALL the mechs that are sharing the SAME ID.

Next, I repeated the same process with a fresh weapongroups.xml and confirmed that some of my mechs are indeed sharing IDs.

Deleting the current weapongroups.xml doesn't seem to resolve the problem.

The problem might also be a case of profiles sharing between mech bays. I experimented by selling some mechs and buying another model back into the same bays and the weapon grouping problem came back. This time, sharing the same profile from the same bays but different mechs.

I have a feeling this problem is a combination of several outstanding issues.

#2 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Bump

#3 Deucebackpack

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

So the bug is still there then?

I had this happen with my Commando 2D and Locust 1M
and also with my Hunchback 4G and Locust 1V

The solution to that was that I simply sold my Locust 1M and 1V and purchased a Locust 3M instead. That one does not conflict with any other mech I currently own and it has 2xAMS also which is nice.

P.S. Maybe there should be a topic in the Workarounds section of the forums with a list of conflicting mechs that people can fill in as they find them. The problem with the patch feedback area is that it gets wiped clean every time they realease a new patch for the game.

#4 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

Yep, still getting it randomly as well. Rather annoying.

#5 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

I have the same issues with two Mechs. In my case the Problem always appears after a new start of the game. In the first launch with the mechs (Catapult and Jenner) the weapon groups are always corrupted. But after I adjusted them it will stay in that configuration in all following matches until the end of the game.

#6 Ace Kirby

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationDream Land

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

Seems to be the usual reason, MWO's generated "Mech ID" in the weapongroups.xml is the same for both Mechs, hence changing the grouping for one Mech corrupts the info for the other one.

Happens for me on the TDR-5SS and AWS-8Q, so I stuck with driving just one of them for a period of time.

Somebody at PGI should take a look at this ID generator and adapt it to create really unique IDs.

#7 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

Oh hey,
yesterday I was playing a few matches and as I took my Jenner, I recognized, that the weapon group was right configuered from the beginning! Don't know if PGI actively fixed it for my account (did they? May be because somone read my last post!? ;) ), or if it was just luck. Anyway, seems to work now. Have to check it also for my Catapult and if it is now permanent for every new game.
Cy dudes!

#8 Deucebackpack

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

Yes it appears to have been fixed for me too! Just bought a Locust 1V again to see if it still conflicts with my Hunchie 4G and had no problems at all. Thank you PGI! :P

#9 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

I have got confirmation from the devs that this is indeed a bug.

The bug currently has no work around.

Too bad.

#10 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostJeffrey Wilder, on 13 July 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

I have got confirmation from the devs that this is indeed a bug.

The bug currently has no work around.

Too bad.

#11 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

Official reply from email

The problem you have encountered is a known issue with no current workaround, though we hope to have it fixed soon. We thank you for taking the time to submit your report.
This ticket is now considered to be closed, however this does not mean that we consider the issue resolved as bugs are tracked in a separate database. You can reply to this mail if you have pertinent information to add and the ticket will be reopened. Thank you for contacting the MechWarrior® Online™ support.

#12 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

I've had this happening since last patch. Mainly with my Centurion-AL but some others as well. I've even saved a weapon profile in the mech-lab, went out of the Mechlab, back in, checked the weapon profile, still good. Didn't swap mech or anything. Launched the mech. All weapons back to Group 1...... :D

#13 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

I guess the irritating part is not just the constant regrouping of weapons.

I have lost count how many times I rushed into combat and died almost instantly because of weapon groupings resetting themselves.

Guess no use buying too many mechs as the weapon profiles just get into each other's way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users