Match Maker Unfair Drops.

25 replies to this topic

#21 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

Mag, it's not the getting rolled that really matters...it's the fact the gameplay is changing very subtly towards the meta end more and more than it ever has.
My practical solution would ideally be to never group up:P But, I have made friends that I value and like to play with. That does mean however I like the adaption that's being forced upon me by being forced to play against competitive teams.
I'm already looking at mechs in the garage and saying "yes, I love that build I have fun in that-BUT it's not effective vs those players with their builds."
So my adaption is to not play them anymore whilst grouped up, and swap to more meta loadouts I don't enjoy so much to combat them more effectively.

Groups are playing now that don't want a fight, or a good scrap-they just want to win and get their rewards-and those groups are forcing adaptions already.
People glibly spouting "LTP and ADAPT!!!!" are not helping, as the act of adaption can fundamentally change your enjoyment of the game. You can get great success by adapting and learning to play according to the new "rules" but are you having fun doing it?
I'm happy you are enjoying it-but many are not. The quality of games has changed for them and so I read, not for the better as they are being thrown at a type of player they'd rather avoid.

Just my two cents, I'm not "wrong" or "failing to adapt or learn" I'm just annoyed that my enjoyment of the game has lessened because of it.
That is all.

Edited by kamiko kross, 11 July 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#22 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostJigglyMoobs, on 11 July 2014 - 01:45 AM, said:

When you lose, don't blame the mm, don't blame HSR, don't blame the meta, blame yourself first and ask: how could I have adapted and prevailed in that situation I just faced? If everyone did that wed have much better games.

Easy to say when you did everything right, played well, but when you squared-off with that Fatlas 3 volleys of Dual C-ERPPC failed to register on the side torso you very clearly hit... HSR is broken and makes games and battles that should have gone one way go completely south. Yes it could happen for the other guy as well, but randomness isn't what the game is supposed to be about. If I want to roll dice, I'll play the TT game instead.

Edited by Panzerbjorn, 11 July 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#23 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

The worst thing by far though is, the small groups who refuse to talk to the rest of the team.
At the start of every match now I say something like:
"ok guys, remember to speak up on chat and share what's going on with the rest of the team that's not on your TS"
"Let's not make it easy for them, k?"

I try and try and try again, when it works it often does wonders-but mostly people seem to be too ignorant to consent to talking to the other small teams-comms is the only chance we stand vs a ten man farm group.

S small groups, why not talk?

My group is trying it more and more, with the hopes of nudging people into talking and hopefully improving our chances to win. All it takes is one of you in your TS group to relay info, it's not hard-so why not do it?

Edited by kamiko kross, 13 July 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#24 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

I have noticed when my friends and I drop in 4+ groups we have to be more choose about the mechs we bring and modes we play.
No ECM=loss
Dire Wolves on Conquest=loss
so on and so on....

We just have to plan better but we still do ok.

#25 Baldain

• Pip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

They may as well just random the lot as far as I'm concerned. Weights and weapons don't mean as much as ECM's and AMS. If I take a Mech with an ECM there will be several others on my side with them. If I don't take one 9/10 matches no one on my side has one. Why do they all end up together so often, on only one team ?

#26 FallenGod

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Rarely post.... Read at least a dozen pages in the 12 vs 2's thread. Copied my post from there into this thread since it's about the MM issues.

I can tell you I'm done dropping in groups. Thought it would be fun to jump in with random friends and play. Sounded like a great idea with the new changes to match maker. Gave it a week and I can tell you it's ****.

I don't want to play WoW and build a damn min/max mech and min/max clan drop. Have one f'n guy calling out attack orders. I want to hop in a game with 2-3 friends, chat a bit and have fun playing a game. It's a simple fix...and no the 12 man clans will not like it because they cannot pad their k/d's and win stats. Minimize this to 4 queue types... solo, lance-1, lance-2 and lance-3.

You force these lance builds to have 4, 8, 12 or fight down a man or two...their choice to drop that way. Any lance-1 group with 3 or less drops in solo queues. Seriously, you've got an overblown ego if you think 3 can heavily change the outcome of a solo drop in 12 man groups.

Again....to reiterate in case you missed this. Gave it a week and I can tell you current matchmaker is ****.

P.S - would love to know the balancing with ELO (like to see numbers). Doubt balancing is even being computed in a reasonable manner from what I've seen. Liked a guys ideas that jumped to a different thread in the 12 vs 2's thread (little overly complex but some good ideas).

Edited by FallenGod, 14 July 2014 - 08:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users