9 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

I have tried all the workarounds I know of. My ISP is Earthlink which has caused some problems after Server patches. I can't remember how to enable Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS. I did flush the DNS cache. I also changed my ADSL modem to an older one. I restored my internet advanced settings.

Anyway, the last time I was able to connect to MWO was July 5th. Now all I get is the error message:

Servers are currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later. Check the website for more information.

However, the website says MWO servers are online.

Okay, now this is new. I just kept clicking "Login" and on the 4th try it logged on. I guess that's a new workaround?

#2 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

I have been having a similar problem. The only difference is that when i cannot access the servers the website is also not accessible. I get into the website for a few minutes and then i kicks me again. I ran a trace on the connection and it stops in Toronto.

I have submitted tickets to Support and do not get a response.

#3 DeadDefiance

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

I have a similar problem, but it only has been happening sporadically. When I try to login it either tells me that the servers are undergoing maintenance or I cannot even open the patcher and get an error that says:
"There was an error while connecting.
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
Would you like to retry?"

And then gives me an option to retry connecting, which never works. If I check back in a few hours, the patcher sometimes opens and I am able to play.

#4 PickleM0nster

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationScotland ,UK

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Having exactly the same problem as DeadDefiance and lightfoot .As with DeadDefiance I leave it a couple of hours and I am able to play.Having this problem since the last patch.
My premium time is ticking down and I cant get on when I want!!

#5 DeadDefiance

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

I have something that may have worked, but I have to test it for a few more days to be sure. I has also having connectivity issues with the League of Legends server, which was preventing me from logging in after opening the game patcher (a different problem from what was happening with the MWO patcher, but I suspect the two are related). I restored Internet Explorer to the default settings for security (medium) and then changed the proxy settings to "automatically detect" under the LAN section of the "connections" tab for internet options (can be opened by clicking on the gear). I know that internet explorer settings can affect the connectivity for the League client, but am not sure how it works for MWO. Still, it's worth trying.

#6 DeadDefiance

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Instant fix that worked for me: change your DNS server
You should flush the DNS to see if that works (open command prompt as administrator, then type in "ipconfig/flushdns" then press "enter")

If not, here is a website with instructions: https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using

#7 Akerlof

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFargo, ND

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostDeadDefiance, on 16 July 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Instant fix that worked for me: change your DNS server
You should flush the DNS to see if that works (open command prompt as administrator, then type in "ipconfig/flushdns" then press "enter")

If not, here is a website with instructions: https://developers.g...-dns/docs/using

Thanks, I was having the same problem and that worked like a charm.

#8 Ninthshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

Run the repair tool, a fix is in there for a similar (if not this exact) issue. Removes the need for messing with DNS settings.

#9 Conspiriologist

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

Flushing DNS worked for me. Thanks.

#10 Alex57

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

I have the same problem, can not play