Flash Sale - Kit Fox For Mc!

42 replies to this topic

#21 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

it is cheaper because you've spent 6900 mc, and still have 18100 mc in the bank to buy other clan mechs with in future sales.

ok but if you dont want to spend $100 its still cheaper to buy the clan pack.

#22 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 08 July 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

Go back, take your time, read slowly you will get it eventually.

A bit sensitive I see. Please go back, read my post, and realize that I did not quote you.

#23 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

View Post116th NorskaFresh, on 08 July 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Any word on new maps to use these new mechs on.
be great if we could get procedural maps so that the groups could not know them inside out.

I'd love this. Or at least procedural elements that groups would have to scout each time.

A La Forest Colony grinder being blocked up on the Snow version. Blockages and openings could be created dynamically.

Edited by Veranova, 08 July 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#24 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostKhobai, on 08 July 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

ok but if you dont want to spend $100 its still cheaper to buy the clan pack.

This sale does not make sense while the Uller Collection is still available for purchase, maybe it is just aimed at people who do not pay attention?

#25 HiredGun

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBeautiful British Columbia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 08 July 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

This sale does not make sense while the Uller Collection is still available for purchase, maybe it is just aimed at people who do not pay attention?

It makes sense because people who have MC in the bank or want to save a little money by buying bulk MC can do so and get clan mechs for MC. If you don't have MC and don't want to buy MC, then you still have the option of buying the Uller Pack. It also does give you the option of buying a single KitFox, if this is the route you want to take.

#26 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

makes perfect sense to me: you can either spend $100 on MC to get a better deal. Or you can spend $30 and get a slightly worse deal. not everyone wants to spend $100 though.

the concept of spending more money giving you a bigger discount has been around for centuries... not sure why its suddenly so difficult to grasp

#27 Edward Mattlov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 388 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostKhobai, on 08 July 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

makes perfect sense to me: you can either spend $100 on MC to get a better deal. Or you can spend $30 and get a slightly worse deal. not everyone wants to spend $100 though.

the concept of spending more money giving you a bigger discount has been around for centuries... not sure why its suddenly so difficult to grasp

Ah yes, I was too busy to do the math. I guess that if you wanted some extra MC as well as the mechs and mechbays, then that would be reasonable.

View PostHiredGun, on 08 July 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

It makes sense because people who have MC in the bank or want to save a little money by buying bulk MC can do so and get clan mechs for MC. If you don't have MC and don't want to buy MC, then you still have the option of buying the Uller Pack. It also does give you the option of buying a single KitFox, if this is the route you want to take.

Those people are much better at saving MC than me. :-)

#28 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

If you want to know when these expire, I suggest you check here (pinned in new player help) for updates as they come up

http://mwomercs.com/...-stealth-sales/

#29 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 08 July 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

A bit sensitive I see. Please go back, read my post, and realize that I did not quote you.

I didn't notice anyone prior complaining over MC vs Cbill, rather it was essentially all "MC is worse than package deal" maybe I have my Derp Blocker set too high so their posts didnt show.

--------------

As for everyone else: Even if your buying the $100 mc package the overall worth of the Kitfox Pack is more if only on the virtue of the built into psuedo hero mech (Invader, not to mention 3 mechbays and Invader colors, dont know if you still can get the polygon camo and its colors though) if someone can't wrap their minds around that they are beyond help.

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 08 July 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#30 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

This sale still has its purpose...

you can buy one for MC now, and grind 64,500 XP on it, then in a month, you can buy the other two for cbills, and you will only need to grind 43,000 more total (21,500 each) and then you can have a mastered kitfox.

This is probably a better deal for people who already have a massive c-bill savings, though.

Also - you can buy the other omnipods. (at least, i expect you can) So really, you can experience all 3 variants with 1 $15 purchase and a bunch of CBills, you will just have to wait a month to master.

Also - here's a tip for anyone considering making a purchase of a single variant for MC, and then buying all of the different omni pods for C-Bills:
Buy the one that you think is WORST. Then buy the other omni pods to swap onto it. This way, when you buy the other variants (later on, for c-bills) you will have duplicates of your FAVORITE omni pods, rather than your least favorite.

In the case of the kitfox, all of the omni pods are unique, except for the CT and the Head. The fact that the CTs are all the same means you can run any build on any variant, and the only difference (potentially) is 2.5% XP. This also means that there is no reason to ever swap the head omnipod in any kitfox.

But as the others have said - don't buy 2 for MC - that is just silly. Get the pack instead.

Personally, I would like to see EVERY component unique, even if it is trivially so.
Ex:
Kitfox Prime CT - No quirks
Kitfox D CT - +1% turn rate, -1% Twist Rate
Kitfox S CT - -1% turn rate, +1% Acceleration

WHY? Because I have 'mech optimization OCD, and I would totally master all of the variants for something trivial that I can pretend is superior for a specific role in some way, even though it is actually completely unnoticeable.

Same thing for the otherwise identical head components:
Kitfox Prime HD - No quirks
Kitfox D HD - +1% sensor range, -1% target info gathering speed
Kitfox S HD - -1% sensor range, +1% target info gathering speed

...Yes... yes I would...

Edited by Fire and Salt, 08 July 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#31 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostAstrifer, on 08 July 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

1. it is cheaper because you've spent 6900 mc, and still have 18100 mc in the bank to buy other clan mechs with in future sales.

2. Because in order to save money, you go for bulk/most efficienct prices. What you are saying is, "why don't I be inefficient and buy a bunch of 1250 mc for 6.95 (which is the worst deal for buying mc) to buy just these 3 kitfoxes". Well then you will actually end up spending $41.70 for the 3 kitfoxes. Or I'm saying you can spend $100 for 25k mc, and then pay only $27.60 for the 3 kitfoxes. That is why it is cheaper.

3. I have mc left over from my founder package, which makes this even cheaper.

The prime variant has a c-bill boost to it though. Also, unique paint scheme.

Add this math to your certainty, and see if said certainty remains:
How many matches does it take to master the one variant(prime)? Pick an avg XP, say what, 1200? I dunno, pick what you like. If you want to remove 3-4 matches for the double XP(based on maybe running 10-15 matches a day, will take more then one day to master it) thats ok too. You cant use all at double XP though, as if yuo want to wait that many nights, you might as well wait for C-bill purchase availability in a month.
Prime variant gets 30% c-bill bonus for each match it takes to master it. Say, 90k c-bills avg, or more or less if you want, pick a number, take 30% of it. Multiply that by whatever number of matches you get to master it from line above.

They sell C-bills for MC. Take your total bonus c-bills, see how much MC it takes to buy said amount, and convert it backwwards to see dollar value. You can use the 100 dollar MC package if you want.

Further, seeing as any Kit Fox combo you wish can be swapped onto the prime CT, basically, you would be a fool not to outfit the prime in your favortite Kit Fox loadout and run the prime exclusively for each match you use that mech in in the future after mastery of it. Further, unless they add some reason to master all mechs(you know, like the pilot bonus they spoke of way last year associated with owning mechs and mastering them) there is litterally no point besides OCD to take the non-prime variants past basics unless it is your first light mech. I can not begin to put a guess together for the c-bill value of that, as it would vary greatly by player/matches played in Kit Fox after mastery. So if you want, dont even put a value on this, I dont think you will even need to to show the package is worth the $2.40 more in actual cash(using the 100 dollar MC pack like you want) to get the prime variant.

Anything beyond mastery of the mech is cake on top in C-bill earnings.

#32 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostKhobai, on 08 July 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

You nailed it.

Though seriously the Uller pack is not really a worse deal, because you literally get a hero (30% c-bill boost) Prime-variant which the MC package hasn't. (And a nice base camo for Wolf Spider pattern :angry: - If only we could change the third color...)

#33 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostAstrifer, on 08 July 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

How is the clan kitfox package cheaper? It's actually more expensive than in this sale by my calculations.

(~2000mc/mech x 3 kit foxes) + (300mc/mechbay x 3 bays) = 6000 mc for 3 kitfoxes + 900 mc for 3 mechbays = 6900 mc
if $100 = 25000 mc, then 6900 mc is equivalent to $27.60.

The clan kitfox package is $30
Buying the 3 kitfoxes with mechbays here is $27.60.
Therefore it is cheaper to buy the kitfoxes during this sale than the package.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

I used the $30 mc package as comparison, with the consideration that someone purchases the least amount of mc just to obtain all 3 variants. Using the $100 package would of cause give a different result.

#34 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

View Postdr lao, on 08 July 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

I want to buy the Kit fox thats on flash sale will that open up the mounted items like the war horns If so haw much do they run I have MC and welling to buy a separate war horn's option for the kit fox ?

Probably not. Those were part of the deal for pre ordered packages above certain tier I thought.

#35 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 460 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

View Post116th NorskaFresh, on 08 July 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Any word on new maps to use these new mechs on.
be great if we could get procedural maps so that the groups could not know them inside out.

Yea, honestly, more so than all my other problems with the game/pgi in general, the worst is simply that the game is boring as all hell for the most part. 90% of matches play out in the same exact 1-2 ways for each map, always the same. The three totally unique and engaging game modes are all, functionally, the same most matches.

Would some new maps help? Yes, a little for a little while. Procedural maps? Yes that would be great. But really, you expect pgi to build procedural map generation??? It takes them like 6 months just to make one static map. What would really help are some well designed, engaging game modes that bring variance and challenge to the play.

Edited by and zero, 08 July 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#36 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Just buying the Kitfox package for $30 is cheaper than the actual "sale" value.

This sale is kinda bad... it should've been 20 to 25% instead.

For the MC you'd have to pay to get it (6000+ MC)... the 6500MC package is $30.

Plus, you get the mechbays in the pack.

The MC deal is just bad for the most part.... unless you've been benefiting from the rare MC discounts that happen.

Edit:
For all 3 mechs, you'd need 7125MC... yea, just a bad sale.

Edited by Deathlike, 08 July 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#37 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

This has told me all i need to know about what PGI intend to do with clan mechs.

Make us wait forever and a day for something that was promised to be all supreme and powerful when really they have been rounded off nicely to balance with the inner sphere. Which is a good thing because now i know that my chances of owning a clan mech in this game have been well and truly scuttled by greedy carrot on a stick money grabbing.

Lets face it this sale clearly indicates they are following the Sarna price tags which for a game means for anything beyond a medium clan i either need premium time + hero mech + sell my IS mechs and/or, no life and a pissed off wife = afford one or two with Cbills or Spend huge amounts of real world money that could be spent on tangible things like camera's or mountain bikes.

Take a Catapult C4 for example which has roughly the same MC value as one kit fox, converted into cbill value that's 5,869,247 so to buy one of these using standard IS mechs without premium time thats gonna take me on average 53-69 games. A Timber wolf for example is 4.2 x as expensive as a catapult (Granted it has xl, endo ferro etc which the 'pult doesnt have but seeing as you cannot transfer engines and heat sinks from one clan mech to the other you can actually get some money back on the 'pult by selling the stock engine and borrowing one from another mech). Back to the point that means 223-290 games for a single (nerfed) Timber wolf

Think PGI clearly want clansmen to be people with more money than sense. looks like i'm gonna have to stick with being a filthy IS pilot with this game. So much so i've given up on the Clans and are now working on eliting as many IS mechs as i can instead.

Edited by mad kat, 09 July 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#38 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

Nice sale, but we need...
- Camo patterns for the clan mechs
- LRM damage below 180m
- Clan LBX with switchable ammonition

All was promised before the invasion...

#39 HiredGun

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBeautiful British Columbia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostEdward Mattlov, on 08 July 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Those people are much better at saving MC than me. :-)

I know for me, it is not so much about saving money, as being lazy. Buying a hundred bucks in MC means I only have to pull out my Credit Card once.

#40 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostGoose, on 08 July 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

So: About the camo list …

Typically (as in from the Phoenix set) the camos came out when the mech came out for cbills. But that was within 2 weeks of coming out for MC.

In this case it's 1 month until the Cbill version after coming out for MC, so it might be sooner as Matt here is implying.

View PostMatt Newman, on 08 July 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

Camo Support for Clan 'Mechs is in the works! Stay tuned!

Edited by Koniving, 09 July 2014 - 08:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users