Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 09 July 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Nice sale, but we need...
- Camo patterns for the clan mechs
- LRM damage below 180m
- Clan LBX with switchable ammonition

All was promised before the invasion...

Actually...
the CW was slated at the same time as Clan mechs or before. With that technicality out of the way...

While all of that was stated to be coming, switchable ammunition was promised and it was updated with "We couldn't get it to work in time, here's a temporary reprieve until then."

No one promised any camo before the invasion except the one already given/offered (Polygon) and that support for all already existing camos would eventually be provided.

Clan LRMs with functionality below 180 meters was also stated to be part of the Clans and nothing has ever stated they weren't going to be... except it wasn't for some reason and so I'm with you on that one. (And for god's sake in all cases of LRMs remove that blur effect; when it happens I can't even tell the ground from the sky and with LRM spam as bad as it is it is difficult to even see where cover actually is [especially when it starts hammering you when you are already in cover]).

Edited by Koniving, 09 July 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#42 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

View Postmad kat, on 09 July 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

This has told me all i need to know about what PGI intend to do with clan mechs.

Make us wait forever and a day for something that was promised to be all supreme and powerful when really they have been rounded off nicely to balance with the inner sphere. Which is a good thing because now i know that my chances of owning a clan mech in this game have been well and truly scuttled by greedy carrot on a stick money grabbing.

Lets face it this sale clearly indicates they are following the Sarna price tags which for a game means for anything beyond a medium clan i either need premium time + hero mech + sell my IS mechs and/or, no life and a pissed off wife = afford one or two with Cbills or Spend huge amounts of real world money that could be spent on tangible things like camera's or mountain bikes.

Take a Catapult C4 for example which has roughly the same MC value as one kit fox, converted into cbill value that's 5,869,247 so to buy one of these using standard IS mechs without premium time thats gonna take me on average 53-69 games. A Timber wolf for example is 4.2 x as expensive as a catapult (Granted it has xl, endo ferro etc which the 'pult doesnt have but seeing as you cannot transfer engines and heat sinks from one clan mech to the other you can actually get some money back on the 'pult by selling the stock engine and borrowing one from another mech). Back to the point that means 223-290 games for a single (nerfed) Timber wolf

Think PGI clearly want clansmen to be people with more money than sense. looks like i'm gonna have to stick with being a filthy IS pilot with this game. So much so i've given up on the Clans and are now working on eliting as many IS mechs as i can instead.

Or spend the $60 you would have spent on any other game and get premium time or 3 of any clan mech you want.

If you would have pre ordered the $30 package a few months back you could have had 44 days of premium time + %30 Cbill kitfox, that right there would have covered your Cbill mech purchases. I wouldn't sit there and ***** about money grabs when you had an opportunity to get premium time

#43 Alanar Drovic

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

View Postmad kat, on 09 July 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

This has told me all i need to know about what PGI intend to do with clan mechs.

Make us wait forever and a day for something that was promised to be all supreme and powerful when really they have been rounded off nicely to balance with the inner sphere. Which is a good thing because now i know that my chances of owning a clan mech in this game have been well and truly scuttled by greedy carrot on a stick money grabbing.

Lets face it this sale clearly indicates they are following the Sarna price tags which for a game means for anything beyond a medium clan i either need premium time + hero mech + sell my IS mechs and/or, no life and a pissed off wife = afford one or two with Cbills or Spend huge amounts of real world money that could be spent on tangible things like camera's or mountain bikes.

Take a Catapult C4 for example which has roughly the same MC value as one kit fox, converted into cbill value that's 5,869,247 so to buy one of these using standard IS mechs without premium time thats gonna take me on average 53-69 games. A Timber wolf for example is 4.2 x as expensive as a catapult (Granted it has xl, endo ferro etc which the 'pult doesnt have but seeing as you cannot transfer engines and heat sinks from one clan mech to the other you can actually get some money back on the 'pult by selling the stock engine and borrowing one from another mech). Back to the point that means 223-290 games for a single (nerfed) Timber wolf

Think PGI clearly want clansmen to be people with more money than sense. looks like i'm gonna have to stick with being a filthy IS pilot with this game. So much so i've given up on the Clans and are now working on eliting as many IS mechs as i can instead.

It's not that they're following Sarna for prices... Sarna lists the actual market prices in the world of BattleTech, for anyone to purchase a 'Mech.

Since Clan OmniMechs are significantly more rare, from a storyline perspective, there's an availability modifier to the price. That modifier is directly reflected in the prices in BattleTech, Sarna's website, and here.

PGI is simply keeping the flavor of the game. We're playing MWO Mercenaries, which means we're all private citizens, hiring our services out to anyone willing to pay us. We have to manage our own finances, which means we pay the market prices for 'Mechs, including huge mark-ups for rare equipment.

Being an independent contractor in the real world sucks the same way. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users